Egypt + Jordan

TXAKDisneyFan

DIS Veteran
Has anyone who's been on an Egypt ABD also gone to Jordan (Dead Sea, Petra) before or after?

Tauck has a "Jordan & Egypt: Petra to the Pyramids" trip that we're considering. However, they don't appear to go in the summer months (we'd very much prefer not to take kids out of school). We've also never used Tauck.

I don't know how easy it would be to just choose a summer departure with ABD and do the Jordan part on our own? (This would be for summer 2024, traveling with 2 adults and 4 kids ages from 7 to 16.)

Has anyone who's been on an Egypt ABD also gone to Jordan (Dead Sea, Petra) before or after?

Tauck has a "Jordan & Egypt: Petra to the Pyramids" trip that we're considering. However, they don't appear to go in the summer months (we'd very much prefer not to take kids out of school). We've also never used Tauck.

I don't know how easy it would be to just choose a summer departure with ABD and do the Jordan part on our own? (This would be for summer 2024, traveling with 2 adults and 4 kids ages from 7 to 16.)
You are looking at a regular Tauck trip, and not Tauck Bridges (their family tours). I cannot find an Egypt itinerary for Tauck Bridges. I would contact Tauck and find out what the minimum age is for that tour and make sure it would be appropriate for your younger kids. Tauck does allow children, but the minimum age varies from trip to trip. They also do not have a child price for their regular itineraries. The price per person is the price per person. This would probably explain why they don't have any summer trips.

I know a lot of people who have traveled with Tauck, and really liked them.

I know we've had some people in this Forum who have mentioned going to Jordan. Hopefully you can get some input from them as to how easy or difficult adding that on to the ABD would be.

Sayhello

You are looking at a regular Tauck trip, and not Tauck Bridges (their family tours). I cannot find an Egypt itinerary for Tauck Bridges. I would contact Tauck and find out what the minimum age is for that tour and make sure it would be appropriate for your younger kids. Tauck does allow children, but the minimum age varies from trip to trip. They also do not have a child price for their regular itineraries. The price per person is the price per person. This would probably explain why they don't have any summer trips.

I know a lot of people who have traveled with Tauck, and really liked them.

I know we've had some people in this Forum who have mentioned going to Jordan. Hopefully you can get some input from them as to how easy or difficult adding that on to the ABD would be.

Sayhello
I really have no familiarity with Tauck; I didn't know there's a family-geared segment of the company. Thank you for that heads up! I just looked around briefly at the Tauck website and couldn't find any specific age restriction for the Egypt & Jordan tour. It might be a moot point though if there are no June/July/early August 2024 departures. (Really I'm not worried about my kids going on an "adult-geared" tour as long as the company allows it. They're all VERY well-behaved and interested in history, culture, etc.) I'm also not super concerned about not having a child price. ABD Egypt is generally less expensive than the Tauck trip.

I'll search around for posts about Jordan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter