Egypt - Level 4

Don't worry, I promise won't! But it would be great to be able to cancel that appointment and save a few hundred bucks haha. We went and got our first batch of vaccines about two weeks ago, but I'll need another booster for one of them before we leave. I have the appointment, but would prefer to cancel if it isn't needed.

If its a booster to complete a set I might go ahead and keep it regardless, depending on what it is. You're halfway there and they can last for years (again, depending on which it is), so next time you wont need to start over again if you end up just pushing the trip out.

If its a booster to complete a set I might go ahead and keep it regardless, depending on what it is. You're halfway there and they can last for years (again, depending on which it is), so next time you wont need to start over again if you end up just pushing the trip out.

That’s a fair point. I might need to think about it then. I’ll check with my doc and see if it’s worth it (I take immunosuppressant meds, so vaccines often need to be “re-done” with me anyway, ha). But it’s a very valid piece of advice - appreciate it!

I assume this is not a good sign. I would love to know before the weekend. I’ll probably give them a call later today if we still haven’t heard anything.
my italy trip April 5-13 is no longer on the website and I nor my TA have heard anything. I would really like to know as well. (ABD just send the email....it is OK).

my italy trip April 5-13 is no longer on the website and I nor my TA have heard anything. I would really like to know as well. (ABD just send the email....it is OK).

Yeaaaa, I really wish they'd try to at least start contacting people before removing the dates. It's an icky way to find out about a cancelation. I know they have a lot of folks to reach out to, but still.

Yeaaaa, I really wish they'd try to at least start contacting people before removing the dates. It's an icky way to find out about a cancelation. I know they have a lot of folks to reach out to, but still.
I just called and the vacationista said no decision has been made. So frustrating!! I feel like it is cancelled and for what ever reason she did not have the authority to say.

I just called and the vacationista said no decision has been made. So frustrating!! I feel like it is cancelled and for what ever reason she did not have the authority to say.

Ugh, I really wish they'd just tell us. Appreciate the update! I am considering calling this evening as well if I don't get pulled into work stuff, if only to express that folks are anxious to know more haha.

Called ABD earlier, and they confirmed they’re working on reaching out to people to inform them that Egypt trips for Feb and March 2022 are canceled.

They offered options of either rebooking or refund. We took the full refund. Apologies, I didn’t ask about details for rebooking options because we already knew we wanted the refund at this point.

I think for us as things stand today, we’ll wait until testing requirements to re-enter the US end (for vaccinated travels or in general) before we try international trips again. The risk of getting stuck after the trip is pretty off-putting for us.

Called ABD earlier, and they confirmed they’re working on reaching out to people to inform them that Egypt trips for Feb and March 2022 are canceled.

They offered options of either rebooking or refund. We took the full refund. Apologies, I didn’t ask about details for rebooking options because we already knew we wanted the refund at this point.

I think for us as things stand today, we’ll wait until testing requirements to re-enter the US end (for vaccinated travels or in general) before we try international trips again. The risk of getting stuck after the trip is pretty off-putting for us.
A friend of mine got stuck in London in early January. She originally tested positive on the 27th; her, her husband and 1 of her 3 boys were supposed to fly back to Florida on January 3rd (the other 2 boys had flights leaving earlier, but they had to reschedule as well since the whole family tested positive). She didn't test negative until January 11th and she was very stressed and miserable (and cooped up in 2 hotel rooms unable to leave because they were being monitored by NHS). When she finally got a negative test she only had 1 lateral flow test left and knew she wouldn't be able to get more. She said that she won't be traveling outside of the US until this current situation is a thing of the past. She said she was "divorce-level" mad at her husband who pushed to go on the trip, despite her wanting to postpone it until the summer.

A friend of mine got stuck in London in early January. She originally tested positive on the 27th; her, her husband and 1 of her 3 boys were supposed to fly back to Florida on January 3rd (the other 2 boys had flights leaving earlier, but they had to reschedule as well since the whole family tested positive). She didn't test negative until January 11th and she was very stressed and miserable (and cooped up in 2 hotel rooms unable to leave because they were being monitored by NHS). When she finally got a negative test she only had 1 lateral flow test left and knew she wouldn't be able to get more. She said that she won't be traveling outside of the US until this current situation is a thing of the past. She said she was "divorce-level" mad at her husband who pushed to go on the trip, despite her wanting to postpone it until the summer.

Wow. I'm hoping everyone is home safe now...? This is exactly the kind of scenario that scares me.

Yes, this is definitely one of the reasons I haven't booked anything international, and won't be for a while!
YIKES! :scared1: Yep. Not leaving the continental United States for a while. Just not worth it for now!!

Sayhello

I heard from our travel agent this afternoon as well. Sorry we won’t be able to finally meet you! We feel it is best to take the refund as well. I was getting seriously anxious about being quarantined in Egypt and so I am disappointed but also very relieved. I feel like this Egypt trip has been cursed. Maybe because they moved the mummies. Ha, ha!
Meanwhile, we have booked a Hawaii trip. Domestic feels much safer right now!

In many ways, we are also relieved despite the disappointment. And I’m sorry we won’t get to meet too!

We may need to copy you and consider Hawaii instead. Let me know how you enjoy that trip!

Wow. I'm hoping everyone is home safe now...? This is exactly the kind of scenario that scares me.
Yes. As soon as she got a negative lateral flow test she immediately scheduled a monitored antigen test. Once she had the results she was on the phone with AA re-scheduling her flight. She said that AA was very accommodating; even though her and her husband had booked and paid for biz seats the CSR (on the phone) told them they'd be in premium economy going home since there weren't any biz class seats left on the first flight the next day (she didn't care, she just wanted to leave). When they got on the plane they ended up in being in biz class (her son was in economy). She said that she has never been so glad to be home. She is currently planning a summer trip to visit some national parks.
I want to add that her husband and all 3 sons tested negative much sooner than she did -- she was getting very nervous that she'd be there for weeks. She figures that she lost at least $7,500 (between hotel rooms, food and missed work); no insurance as they were visiting their daughter who lives an hour outside of London (daughter, husband and 2 kids all tested positive on the 27th as well -- positive side they didn't have to isolate inside of her house). They left her house after NYE as they wanted to be close to the airport so they could leave as soon as they had negative test results.

Yes. As soon as she got a negative lateral flow test she immediately scheduled a monitored antigen test. Once she had the results she was on the phone with AA re-scheduling her flight. She said that AA was very accommodating; even though her and her husband had booked and paid for biz seats the CSR (on the phone) told them they'd be in premium economy going home since there weren't any biz class seats left on the first flight the next day (she didn't care, she just wanted to leave). When they got on the plane they ended up in being in biz class (her son was in economy). She said that she has never been so glad to be home. She is currently planning a summer trip to visit some national parks.
I want to add that her husband and all 3 sons tested negative much sooner than she did -- she was getting very nervous that she'd be there for weeks. She figures that she lost at least $7,500 (between hotel rooms, food and missed work); no insurance as they were visiting their daughter who lives an hour outside of London (daughter, husband and 2 kids all tested positive on the 27th as well -- positive side they didn't have to isolate inside of her house). They left her house after NYE as they wanted to be close to the airport so they could leave as soon as they had negative test results.

I am so sorry this happened. Did she get to pick her hotel to quarantine in does the government decide? Thank you for sharing this story. It is really helpful to get first hand reports.

I totally understand her frustration and I am sure being stuck in a hotel room for that long was no fun at all.

Luckily, the US allows re-entry with a letter of recovery from COVID signed by a healthcare professional. Some people continue to test positive for months after COVID. At least this allows them to come home after they have recovered.

In many ways, we are also relieved despite the disappointment. And I’m sorry we won’t get to meet too!

We may need to copy you and consider Hawaii instead. Let me know how you enjoy that trip!
Hawaii is one of our favorite places in the world! I can already say I highly recommend. However, we live in California so it is only a 5 hour flight and only a 2 hour time difference this time of year.

Yes, this is definitely one of the reasons I haven't booked anything international, and won't be for a while!
YIKES! :scared1: Yep. Not leaving the continental United States for a while. Just not worth it for now!!

Sayhello
Yeah I was
Mentioning to someone in my town last night about Italy. And she told me her nightmare of testing positive there a day before they came back to US and had no symptoms but was stuck in the government hotel (which wasn’t nice) for over a week. They paid double their vacation costs in the end to get out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter