El Pirata y el Perico was great!!

Nee Nee and Biddy

Mouseketeer
We were at the MK on 12-29-06 and were able to eat lunch at El Pirata y el Perico. I have never seen this place open. Since we were only there for a one day trip we didn't have any ADR's. Around lunch time my mom asked where we should go and I thought, "What the heck? If anything it's research for the DIS!" I was so pleasantly surprised. I ordered the 2 tacos, which came with a cup of rice and black beans. My DS, who is 11 months old, practically lives on rice and beans so I thought I could share with him. Of course, he fell asleep in his stroller while we were waiting for our food so he didn't try any. The taco meat was very good (but greasy) but the best part of the whole meal was the topping bar. All of the lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, salsa and sour cream you could pile onto your tacos! It was wonderful. My nephew (4 y/o) was very impressed with this and kept going back for more salsa. The beans and rice were very good. We even got some "magic" thrown into our meal. A little boy who was sitting next to us gave my nephew an ice cream bar that he didn't want because he was so full. This little boy also gave us some tips on how to score big on Buzz Lightyear. Very friendly and it just topped off a great meal. If you are ever in the MK when this place is open , go and try it! It was worth it!

will do! My boyfriend is a mexican food fanatic..so we will be sure to hit this place up! i wonder why its not open all the time??
( love your signature pic by the way :) )

First of all congrats on baby Will! Your pic. put tears in my eyes I wasn't expecting it!

Second Silly Question is it a Ts or a CS? and where is it?

Thanks hope you have a happy healthy baby!:) Nettii

It's a counter service in Adventureland. Thanks for the well wishes:goodvibes ...hard to believe that baby will be one next week! Time flies. I'm going to change it soon to a picture of baby Will with Mickey.

We have all ways loved this place and are sad when it's not open when we visit. It's across from Pirates right next door to Pecos Bill's.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

How often is it open? It sounds good, but I'm afraid it won't be open in 10 days when I'll be there. :worried:

You are sooo lucky! Everytime I have been down there it has never been opened! Thanks for sharing your review!

And congrats on baby!! and i love the siggy pic!

I am hoping it open when we go...I love tacos...Congrates on your buddle of joy coming soon..cute picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter