• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Electric Outlet Question

PooooohBear

Mouseketeer
Hi Camping Board!!

I was just talking with my neighbors, who are going to be staying in FW in March. They've never been to FW before (neither have I) and they're wondering if they need to have a special adapter to access the electric on their campsite or if the plug just takes a regular extension cord. Also, are there 2 outlets or just 1? They are booked into a partial hook-up site as they will be staying in a tent. They don't have internet access at home & they've never heard of the DIS (CAN YOU IMAGINE???) so I offered to log on & ask you wonderful campers!!

Thanks for any help with this!!

:) :D :)

Thanks for the speedy reply! It's much appreciated. It saved my neighbor a long distance call!!

Okay, going to go buy a book tomorrow on camping for dummies, I guess.

What is a 30 amp connection?

I am confused here? :confused:
Not sure how much we are going to bring at this point.

I have seen posts and web pages where folks have brought microwaves, fridges, toasters etc.

We will do a few breakfasts and dinners at site, I think and eat out at Trails End Buffet.

We have room in truck to bring alot but not sure that's the way to go?

What extra stuff do we need? Extension cords and such?

Thanks in advance from a newbie camper. Both dh and I are hoping it's a hit and something we can do for years to come.

And how come there is only 2 pages of camping posts? When we switched servers?

Gosh I wish the searched worked I have so many questions that I think are stupid and wish I could find the answers for.

We'll be there the 21st of April rain or shine. Please no rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Des

most RV's and Pop Ups with AC have a 30 amp electrical cord, its a larger than normal cord that is used to supply the RV with electricity,

Don't hesitate to ask questions, we have many people here willing to help you,

BuzzandWoody,

At the bottom of the camping page you will see something like this...

Showing threads 1 to nnn of nnnn, sorted by (thread title, last post time, number of replies, number of views, thread starter rating) in (ascending, descending) order, from (last day, last 2 days, last 5 days, last 10 days, last 20 days, last 30 days, last 45 days, last 60 days, last 75 days, last 100 days, the last year, the beginning)

It defaults to 30 days. Just change the value to "the beginning" and hit the go button. You will then see all the posts in the camping section.

Good Luck

Jeff

Thanks north7,

Guess I'm used to the faster moving boards.

And also I was lucky that the search worked in the early morning hours.
Guess who was up at 5:45 cst waiting till 6 to call and TRY to get ps for Cindy's Palace.
No luck, I'll try tomorrow, last chance though.

Thanks again for all the helpful info on this board!!

Des

Just a little more info on 30 amps, They are large cords (10g) and have different plug in (looks like a dryer plug) but they are still 110v not 220. Most campground have 2 20amp and 1 30 amp and maybe a 50amp. Most trailer with A/C have 30amp.

Have fun

Kirloys

I'm just wondering how far away the electrical post is from where you would set up your site. I have camped at provincial parks where the electrical post is up to 60ft away. Is the standard length of the electrical cord in a pop up (25 ft??) long enough to reach the electrical post or will I need to make an extension. If an extension is required, I know I should use 10 guage wire, but where can I buy the electrical ends?

Thanks,

Jeff

Usually the maximum distance from the post is 5 feet--usually less. We have never needed an extension for the motorhome, just for the golf cart and other things.

86 days to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter