Electric Water Pagent?

tazz23

<font color=purple>Much more than just a Registere
Hello all!

Just wondering what is the Electric Water Pagent? :confused: Ive never heard of it! Where is it and is it worth seeing? :p

Thank you very much!

Tammy :Pinkbounc

ELECTRICAL WATER PAGEANT:Originally presented for the dedication of the Polynesian Luau on October 26, 1971, the Electrical Water Pageant is presented nightly. The pageant consists of two strings of seven barges, each carrying a 25-foot-tall screen of lights featuring King Neptune and creatures from under the sea in an aquatic parade set to Disney music. The pageant concludes with an inspirational salute to America, with Flags and Stars set to a patriotic musical score. The parade passes by the following areas at approximately the following times:

Polynesian Resort -- 9:00pm
Grand Floridian -- 9:15pm
Wilderness Lodge -- 9:35pm
Fort Wilderness -- 9:45pm
Contemporary Resort -- 10:05pm
Magic Kingdom -- 10:20pm (only during extended Magic Kingdom Park hours)

Definitely a fun, free, festive thing to see!

:earsboy:

The Electrical Water Pageant is a little set of barges that goes around the lagoon by Magic Kingdom. It has sea creatures that light up and ends with an American Flag, and of course there's music to go with it. It starts 9:00 or so and moves from place to place, does the little show (about 5 or so minutes) and moves on. It stops at (and I don't exactly know the order, (Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Campground, Contemporary and Magic Kingdom), I think that might be all of them. It's cute and if you happen to be staying at one of these places or be at Magic Kingdom by the lagoon at the right time, it's nice to see. Just one of Disney's little special touches.

We stayed at the Poly and my boys loved it! Stayed up to watch it every night! On the MVMCP nights the EWP would pass at 9 and the fireworks would follow at 9:15. If you eat at O'hanas or Kona for dinner you could walk the beach (or stand on the boat launch) after to see the show.

The EWP has a series of barges that cruise out on the lake and have colored lights that are arranged to form the shapes of different things (dragons/dolphins for example) and they are choreographed so they look like the animals are moving. The show is set to music. You can see it from a number of places: Ft. Wilderness, Poly, Contemporary, Grand Floridian...maybe others. We watched from the POly beach. Do a search and you will find the approximate times that it will be at each location.

Some of the postings I've seen indicate that it lasts about 20 minutes, but I think it was more like 7-10 minutes.

It was nice to see, but if you have to go out of your way to see it, keep in mind the time you'll spend to get to and from a 7 minute show (and it isn't that spectacular). But, knowing that, you can plan to incorporate it into other plans (for instance if you planned to resort hop, just to see what the different places look like, plan to be at one of the resorts when the EWP passes by). Or if you wanted to ride the monorail, do that in the evening and stop off to watch the EWP.

Im amazed at how quick I got these replies! Thank you everyone! I think it sounds wonderful :p I'll definately try and check it out next time we go! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter