Eleven years & finally getting our honeymoon!

MontanaCowgirl

I'm addicted to quilting & not ashamed to admit it
We will be married 11 years this June & are planning our trip to WDW FW in November for our honeymoon finally!

We have to go in November due to DH's job. We both all ready had our kids when we married & the last one just started college this past year. We were supposed to go last November but DH broke his neck when his horse took a bad tumble. So it was another year's delay for us. Barring any unforseen mishaps we will be going this November. I can't wait!!! I have been to WDW 100's of times. DD is in the CP there right now. DH has never been to anything larger than our little county fairs here in Montana. The best part will be watching him!

Any suggestions on much delayed honeymoon related activities? I plan on doing the carriage ride for sure. Possibly the re-hitching if we can. We will be there for 11 days. One day for each year we've been married! Would love to hear any ideas for us older married folks (late 40's). We aren't kids anymore but we aren't old fogies yet either. (And if I have my way we never will be! LOL)

Would love to hear your ideas! Thanks!

:wave:

Enjoy your belated honeymoon! I would be sure to tell them when you check in that you're celebrating your belated honeymoon--sometimes the resorts do special stuff for honeymooners (but it doesn't always happen, so don't be disappointed). Perhaps you could do an Illuminations cruise on the Breathless boat. Another romantic activity would be watching the MK fireworks and/or Electrical Water Pageant from the hammocks at the Poly's beach. Have a magical trip! :)

DH and I spent a lot of time in Downtown Disney on our 10th anniversary celebration. As busy at it may be, it's quite relaxing just to walk through the shops and check things out. We spent more time on the westside than in the Marketplace, but both are quite enjoyable. :teeth:

Congrats on finally having your honeymoon! DH and I took our honeymoon to Disney after 7 years of marriage, so I know how excited you are about your upcoming trip.

HAVE AN ABSOLUTE BLAST!!

~~~Denise :wave: :wave:

Getting DH to browse through the stores will be a challenge...not something I think he will ever admit to enjoying LOL.... Unless they sell saddles, spurs, headstalls & bits! :teeth:

However he will have to shop a little since I am an avid stuffed critter collector! :jester:

We have all ready decided to take the horse drawn carriage ride & just have a blast. We aren't going to worry about doing honeymoon type stuff. We are just going to relax (& visit with DD since she is there on the college program) & thoroughly enjoy ourselves!!! I CAN NOT WAIT to get there!!!!

I even checked the Farmer's Almanac & if it's right we will have great traveling weather! I actually think DH is getting into this trip! Hard for a native Montana Cowboy to do when it doesn't involve a rodeo! :teeth:

What part of montana are you from? I'm from montana as well. my fiance and I are getting married at the polynesian resort January 12, 2004. We are doing 6 days of disney and doing an 8 day cruise to the carribean for our honeymoon. Is it just going to be you and your DH? Hope you have fun.

We are an hour south of Malta in the Little Rockies. I see you are from Missoula....about a 12 hour drive from me. I can't wait to get there!!! Will be nice to prolong summer just a little too!:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter