Emotions Running High

Status
Not open for further replies.
115 pages wasn't enough? Let's be honest. The back and forth was petering out (pun intended) over the last 15 pages. Pretty much the same 20-30 posters going back and forth, exhausting what they had in their tank. As additional people come to learn of recent events and want their opportunity to weigh in, they can do so, but diving in to a 115 page thread to do so would be very taxing. Perhaps to the point of chilling their desire to participate. That's my $0.02 and I don't care one bit if anyone thinks that is "patronizing".
I actually agree with you. I'm all for open dialog but that thread had pretty much run it's course. As long as it doesn't get deleted I'm ok with it being closed. I'm also willing to cut Corey some slack. He's in a horrible position and seems to be the only person in charge that is trying to improve things going forward. We'll see how much freedom he has to actually do that though, I guess.

As long as it doesn't get deleted I'm ok with it being closed.
Perhaps as a show of good faith, it could be "pinned" to the top for a short period of time so that it doesn't drift away. I don't think that it is Corey's intention that this disappear. But the reality of the mechanics of the Board is that it will do just that in a couple of weeks.

L
Perhaps as a show of good faith, it could be "pinned" to the top for a short period of time so that it doesn't drift away. I don't think that it is Corey's intention that this disappear. But the reality of the mechanics of the Board is that it will do just that in a couple of weeks.
On that board it’ll be gone in hours…so, it is what it is. They’re moving on and deleting Pete from this place. It’s their right…it’s their come. DIS people….take down the years of content with him on it too. Maybe that’s at least something you can do for Pete’s (alleged) victims. Edit him away.

I just want to ask point blank, why is there such a double standard?

When a member of the staff team violates the rules quite blatantly and aggressively, the evidence is destroyed and anyone questioning the situation is silenced or banned. Nothing ever comes from it, and we are supposed to take the explanation as the end of it.

When a regular member does far less they get demerits and sometimes banishment without any kind of possibility of reinstatement. Further those people are also vilified on the regular by the people who decided their fate.

Why are there no consequences for what happened recently when for the past two decades the consequences for doing or saying far less were permanent banishment without the possibility of an appeal process?

If the person is as sorry as they claim, why have they made no further statements or made an effort to actually show they are serious about their mistake. Instead evidence was destroyed and altered and comments criticizing the behavior as well as complete threads vanished and returned.

If the person is truly surprised by the reactions they are getting, maybe they shouldn’t be in a position of authority since clearly they lack empathy and any real care for the community as a whole.

I think it's evident what's going on here. There's a battle for the soul of this company right now. Corey gets it and actually cares. And those in power on the other side do not. They're focused on suppressing criticism, either because they can't handle it or for fear that they lose even one dollar or one vacation.

I'm wishing Corey nothing but the best, and I again hope he knows that his efforts are being seen and appreciated.

Previous banned posters have re-registered in the last 3 weeks. No one appears to be checking IP addresses so there’s no censoring of new registrants. If this applies to anyone you know, you can have them try registering now.
Or, they're just registering under a new/different router/service provider, or using their cell provider versus their home internet provider, or their home service provider uses dynamic IP addresses versus static, or they logged on at Starbucks. That whole "they can tell it's you by your IP address" thing only works if you're connecting to the internet via the exact same series of devices that you used the first time.

Meanwhile there are threads running for years on the DIS community board if you want to talk about living in Oklahoma.

What the heck! I’ve lived in OK. It’s a good place to be FROM. There’s not that much to talk about. I mean, it’s OK🤣 I once heard a comedian say that the OK license plates should have a pic of a hand doing the meh motion.

What the heck! I’ve lived in OK. It’s a good place to be FROM. There’s not that much to talk about. I mean, it’s OK🤣 I once heard a comedian say that the OK license plates should have a pic of a hand doing the meh motion.
Lol…I’ve never read it but it’s always there

That whole "they can tell it's you by your IP address" thing only works if you're connecting to the internet via the exact same series of devices that you used the first time.
Yup
And that info has been shared on yet another site, not the most often referenced site, to have people freely re-register.

If a previously banned poster had to go through the hassle of registering from Starbucks, I doubt they’d add version2/v2/2.0 to their username.

Last edited:
Yup
And that info has been shared on yet another site, not the most often referenced site, to have people freely re-register.

If a previously banned posters had to go through the hassle of registering from Starbucks, I doubt they’d add version2/v2 to their username.
Well, no one said the user name can't be blocked, so if you want people to know it's you, then "2.0 or V2" would make sense.

Previous banned posters have re-registered in the last 3 weeks. No one appears to be checking IP addresses so there’s no censoring of new registrants. If this applies to anyone you know, you can have them try registering now.

No one should have to go through the hassle of making a new account after being banned for a ridiculous reason. I would argue if someone could just make a new account and post freely, perhaps their ban was not as justified as the moderator who banned them suggested.

There needs to be a complete revision of the rules and policies, and everyone should be held to the same standard, whether they are a regular member or a member of the moderation team.

The problem is that there are too many instances of unequal application of the rules, if this is a new era, let's start acting like it and not make the same mistakes over and over again.

I would argue if someone could just make a new account and post freely, perhaps their ban was not as justified as the moderator who banned them suggested.
That happened quite frequently across all boards and Webmasters, after checking IP would again ban the already banned posters.

Seriously, no one is currently checking IP addresses of new registrants to see their banned lists of aliases.

if this is a new era, let's start acting like it and not make the same mistakes over and over again.
It's not. The Disappointed thread will be pushed off the first page by the end of the weak, the announcement of PW's resignation is already pushed off the news feed. With no mainstream media picking up the story, the story is relegated solely to the other board.

I’ve been mostly a lurker on these boards popping in occasionally if something interesting happens at the parks or within the Walt Disney company. I’ve enjoyed the content of the DisUnplugged and the hard work put in by Craig, Ryno, Erica and past members such as Dustin, Sean, Jennilynn, Steve, Oliver and anyone else I’ve missed.

That being said right now I can’t support the DisUnplugged or its Patreon due to everything that’s happened. So I’ve unsubscribed and cancelled my subscription. I’m also going to log off here. To those who suffered the abuse you have my support and sympathy. I do believe there are members of this team trying to improve the company going forward. And I wish you well with that endeavor. I know it’s not an airport and I don’t have to announce my departure. So I’ll just say take care and be kind to each other.

I think it's evident what's going on here. There's a battle for the soul of this company right now. Corey gets it and actually cares. And those in power on the other side do not. They're focused on suppressing criticism, either because they can't handle it or for fear that they lose even one dollar or one vacation.

I'm wishing Corey nothing but the best, and I again hope he knows that his efforts are being seen and appreciated.
Yes totally agree, and also because this suppression strategy worked to great effect in the past.

Prior to this crisis, PW and his DisInfoSuppression team outright killed the stories. I think Pete and John ultimately controlled the PR strategy, with a small group of Pete/John DISciples on the boards to reinforce the message. Like WMKathy and others.

They were borderline professional at shutting down any shred of criticism or curiosity. Communist nations should train their future leaders on the DisInfoSuppression strategy.

So for all those reasons. they went to their tried and true suppression playbook. It’s just so unbelievably inappropriate and we all had higher expectations. So proud of Corey stepping up, hope he and Craig see this as not being buried. But being planted.

I don't know why anyone is celebrating Cory's bravery when he closed the thread.
As mentioned in another thread, Corey's child has surgery tomorrow. His focus has to be on his family right now. As a fellow parent whose child had major surgery in June - it was a stressful procedure and recovery (still ongoing). I think we can manage some grace for him that he isn't going to be able to watch over the threads here closely for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter