Emperor's New Groove Ride?

Banzai

<font color=red>Is now single and available!<br><f
I know this is a dumb question...but are their any rides planned for this great movie?

Nope.
The latest movie to get a show/ride is Pocahontas (dosn't include Dinosaur). Don't look for an Emperor's New Groove ride (it made 60 mill in box office, traditionaly, these movies get 120 mill)

It's a shame the film won't get an attraction. I thought it was one of the best movies Disney's come out for in a while (the only one that can to me get neer as good as any of the recent PIXAR ones). I wish the film could have some in-park recognition; a gift shop, a restaurant, even just adding the characters to a parade or something.

The Emperor's New Groove is one of my very favorite movies. It did not get the promoting it deserved.

I agree that Groove is a great movie. A ride based on the trip to Yzma'a secret lab would be great.

Great Movie???? Groove?????
You are all kidding ?? Right?? :confused:

philjerden.........YES.....now that Monster's scene would make a great attraction!!! :D

Great Movie???? Groove?????
...at the very least, a pretty darn good movie. Groove simply had a better script than most Disney animated features in recent memory; certainly far better than Atlantis, Hercules, or Dinosaur; arguably better than Tarzan.

The most common "complaint" I hear about Groove is that David Spade is whiny, obnoxious, and arrogant... which actually is just one more data point suggesting the casting director did a bang-up job.

Jeff

It might be the fact I HATE David Spade!
I just can't sit through anything with him, even if it is just his voice.
It doesn't take much to be better than Dinosaur or Hercules.:eek:
But Groove doesn't come anywhere near Tarzan.....IMHO;)

I'm with Jewell, ENG is a pretty darn good movie. The voice casting is dead-on. Eartha does just an amazing job. It's a hilarious film, one that I have enjoyed more as I have watched it more. Of all the animated features produced by Disney since Lion King, Hunchback is my favorite, and ENG finishes second.

It suffered at the box office from lack of promotion (more like $85m than $60m). Unlike most animated features (that gross roughly 5 times their opening weekend) ENG grossed close to 10 times it's opener. That, no doubt, came from solid word of mouth paired with a relatively weak opening. Heck, at the time it was released, it seemed like Disney was promoting that dog of a film Atlantis even more.

IMHO, Emperor's New Groove was a lot funnier and more orgional than Shrek.

Testtrack321, I do agree that Groove was alot better than Shrek.....
BUT.... I REALLY hated that one :eek:

I didn't like Shrek either. My mom came home with two DVD's, Snow White and Shrek. Snow White was in the trey immediatly! Shrek was in the plastic for a few days.... 'nuf said.

All right, somebody needs to say some good things about Hercules...the lyrics were amongst the best of any Disney movie, James Woods was brilliant and there were a lot of nice puns and inside jokes (note the face of the lion head that Hercules poses with is Scar's face from Lion King)...Hercules is one of their best efforts. I also really like ENG and found it witty and clever..the problem was the promotion starting with that idiotic title...it is just trying too hard to be "hip" and sounds too much liket he Emperor's New Clothes which had nothing to do with the story of course.. . I love that "extra" lever that Yzma has ("Why do we even have that Lever?")

Paul

I also love Hercules. James Wood is great in everything and the art director (Andy Gaskill) went to the same high school as me (though many years apart).

I loved ENG as well. Now the Monsters INC ride with the doors would be awesome! I heard that idea at Disney when it first came out in the theaters. Wish they could do that one.

They do have ENG characters at mgm sometimes. They have a couple of llamas at ak, too, but I often think that they should have more at AK considering all the south american tie-ins like saludos amigos, 3 cabeleros, and eng - remember the short with donald duck playing the recorder for the llama? But they do have a couple of them there. I think they also have a cuzco llama suit character at mgm, but I haven't seen that one.

DR

I heard they are about to build an ENG Camel spin. It was a package deal with Triceratops Spin and Alladin's Magic Carpets. LOL

"Wait, how did you get here before us?"
"Well, uh....... Cronk, how did we get here before them?"
"I don't know, it defies all metods of explination."
"Uh, oh well."

I to did fell that the title seemed to "slang-ie" for a Disney movie, but the movie does deserve the title.

Definitely a bad title. What's a groove, and why does the Emporer need a new one? Did he originally steal it from Stella, who then took it back from him, hence, the need for the Emporer to get a new one?

Based on the title and promotion l thought Disney was definitely trying to be to "hip", and that's not what I wanted to see. As it turns out, Hercules was more of a problem in this area, IMHO.

To me, ENG was clever, and actually pretty well done. I agree that it deserved a better fate at the box office. Again, IMHO, definitely better than Dinosaur, better than Hercules, but not better than Tarzan, though close. My personal jury is still out on where Atlantis fits in. Initially, below ENG and maybe even Hercules, but above Dinosaur. But something about Atlantis did appeal to me, but I'm having trouble putting my finger on it...

Mulan was better than all of the above, however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter