England and France 2022

Grifdog22

Barking Mad!
While I am optimistic that by fall 2022 we will either be dead or things will have opened up (I prefer the latter), I am less optimistic the England/France trip will go as currently scheduled. We are set for early May 2022. I'm not seeing any signs of life on this trip, either for things opening up or people signing up. Since we had multiple failures over multiple years trying to get to the Rhone in France first three with ABD, second with AMA, it may just be jinxed. Anyone out there have positive news on this front?

While I am optimistic that by fall 2022 we will either be dead or things will have opened up (I prefer the latter), I am less optimistic the England/France trip will go as currently scheduled. We are set for early May 2022. I'm not seeing any signs of life on this trip, either for things opening up or people signing up. Since we had multiple failures over multiple years trying to get to the Rhone in France first three with ABD, second with AMA, it may just be jinxed. Anyone out there have positive news on this front?
Not a blip. :(

Sayhello

Just wanted to add some info here for anyone planning (or hoping) to go to France in the near future, who might not be aware of this. France has changed their entry requirements as of January 3rd. You have to be vaccinated AND boosted to enter France.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/france-travel-rules/

Unvaccinated folks with a compelling reason to enter the country (nope, a vacation isn't listed) https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/c...sing-grounds-for-travel-to-from-red-countries will require a negative Covid-19 test AND will need to quarantine for 10 days.

Transiting through France for less than 24 hours is exempt from this.

Sayhello

The UK is relaxing most of their COVID protocols and are planning to end isolation at the end of March. https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...as-england-plan-b-rules-to-be-lifted-12519897 Good news for travel hassle, and they are definitely in a different place than we are, but will be interesting to see whether we are ready to live with this "like the flu.". I wish they would have kept the mask rules for inside at the very least. My daughter is there so I have a vested interest in the UK rules!

I was surprised this morning to see on the ABD website an April (the only April) tour of England/France that previously had fairly low numbers (based on very low price point posted) which had moved to "Waitlist - Call for more info" awhile back now showing as available for booking, still with a low price point. This appears to me to be after the paid in full date, so it looks more promising to me that ABD is gearing up their trips to go rather than cancellation.

A question about this adventure that I hope someone can answer as the vacationistas won’t really answer it. I tried to book a DLP add on for our June trip. I was told that they couldn’t book it as it wasn’t available at this time. But….it’s prominently featured on the website as an option. What’s up? Any ideas

A question about this adventure that I hope someone can answer as the vacationistas won’t really answer it. I tried to book a DLP add on for our June trip. I was told that they couldn’t book it as it wasn’t available at this time. But….it’s prominently featured on the website as an option. What’s up? Any ideas
DLP may not have anything for them to book yet. Disneyland Paris is not actually run by Disney. They are a minority shareholder. DLP is owned and operated by French company Euro Disney S.C.A.
So ABD has to book through DLP just like anyone else. If the elements for the add-on aren't available to ABD to book yet, then they can't offer it to you to book yet. ABD won't offer it until everything can be secured by them. I would imagine they *intend* to offer it, but just can't yet.

Sayhello

I’m aware of the relationship between them but why advertise something that you know you have to say ‘no’ to. Seems like it’s a negative for both sides. Just don’t advertise it until you have something worked out. Or say it’s being worked on.

Look up DLP yourself & book it direct more than likely a cheaper way to do it.

Check your Date & flight times for return home ,as you are at it,

I never heard that. But it's totally possible. I know there's been a lot of crazy stuff going on with Disneyland Paris (that was originally called Euro Disneyland).

Sayhello

I still can't hear Euro Disney and not think of this gag

Look up DLP yourself & book it direct more than likely a cheaper way to do it.

Check your Date & flight times for return home ,as you are at it,
I did book a hotel and admissions on my own. I just for the life of me don't understand that it's listed as 'available' but when you ask it isn't and no explanation. They also get snarky when you ask why this is. That's a new one for ABD.

Our England and France trip in early May is staying at the Intercontinental Park Lane Hotel, by Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace. Anyone stayed there before? We have several pre-days, and on their website no restaurant opens until 12 noon - what do they have for breakfast?

Our England and France trip in early May is staying at the Intercontinental Park Lane Hotel, by Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace. Anyone stayed there before? We have several pre-days, and on their website no restaurant opens until 12 noon - what do they have for breakfast?
There have been times on ABDs I've done where the hotel set up a buffet in a conference room for us for breakfast. Don't know if that's what you will get.

Sayhello

Their website (the hotel) say full breakfast 630-1030am for a fee. Individually wrapped food options are available for breakfast (probably for a fee). You can probably find a nearby Starbucks or my favorite London spot Pret-a-Manger. It’s is like a Panera but with way better food

Their website (the hotel) say full breakfast 630-1030am for a fee. Individually wrapped food options are available for breakfast (probably for a fee). You can probably find a nearby Starbucks or my favorite London spot Pret-a-Manger. It’s is like a Panera but with way better food
Yes - we saw that from the "digital concierge" but it couldn't tell us where, and the email response we received was the restaurants open at noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter