English maps...

nokanda

Mouseketeer
Hello,
We will be going to Japan for the first time, and visiting Disney while there.
Just a question…do they have maps and information in English, if so will they be available at the front of the park?( Like they are in Florida).

And any other tips for non Japanese speaking tourists?

Thank you,

English Park maps will be given out when you purchase your tickets. If you require more English Park Maps/Guides you can collect these from Guest Relations at either park or the Tokyo Disney Resort Welcome Centre. Japanese Park Maps are available on every turnstyle and are handed out by Cast Members though out the park. While you may not understand Japanese, its recomended to still pick up a Japanese guide as these are frequently updated and will have pictures of the latest special food and merchandise options available for a limited time.

Regarding tours I believe sometimes these can be offered providing demand is high and a English speaking Cast Member is available. Its unlikely you get to go on an English speaking tour but you can always ask at Guest Relations.

If your visiting the Magic Carpet Theatre at DisneySea please ask a Cast Member for English Subtitles at the entrance. You may struggle to find English speaking Cast Members inside the park but the Cast at Guest Relations usually speak good english, so any problems pop in and see them. All annoucements and menu's are in English and Japanese and if you wish to order any food or snacks just point or speak in clear English to what your after. The Japanese understand English much more than what they speak it and if you really struggle ask any Cast Member to talk to someone in English and they will get someone for you.

The CM's at TDR are great. They really do make an effort to help you out. Malin is right about their "hidden" English talent. They do seem to have a very good understanding, just a little shy about showing it! Plus as well English pronunciation is a bit odd to them, so sometimes if you write something down in English they will get it, they just would pronounce it differently.

A couple of the rides we went on, we were given a piece of paper that had the plot line on it. Now I believe they have a special name, and you can get them at the guest relations desk also. We went to the Mickey Mouse Revue (now gone :( ) and the CM was "Are you sure, some of it's in Japanese?"
Ordering food was no problem. If in doubt point. The quick serve places all have pictures, so it's pretty easy. I ate at the Blue Bayou, and they had the menu's in English also.

I think it's nice to learn a few hello, please and thank you's. I have a fantastic app on my iPhone which has a bunch of "travellers words" with pronunciation and Japanese writing, so if I'm not feeling confident I can use that! I found Japanese cultural etiquette very interesting, for example you never blow your nose, seriously, dab at it, but don't blow!! However I think you will be excused!!

You'll have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter