Epcot at capacity for NYE?

MrKnight

Former WDWCM & Proud DIS Member
Trying to squeeze into Epcot for NYE and all parks except AK are showing as at capacity with no reservations available. Any insights on additional park availability being released in the coming days? And if I were to buy a park hopper for AK how confident could I be that I could get into Epcot at 2pm? Curious if anyone else is in the same boat and what the recommended strategy is in this scenario to ensure I am inside Epcot on NYE :-)

1703616922350.png

Last edited:
You might get in, then again, a lot of other people may have the same idea as you and there may not be capacity. Disney has a number you can call day of to see if a park has is open for park hopping. Only problem there is that you could call and the recording says you can hop, and by the time you get there, it's full. People with Epcot tickets/reservations will have priority getting back into Epcot if they leave, though if it is truly at capacity even those guests can be turned away. It's a risk only you can decide if you are willing to take.

Thank you all, it will most likely be a game time decision, crossing fingers for some last minute park availability 🤞

If you call you may want to check if there will be midnight fireworks at Epcot. Right now the calendar only shows 6:30pm and the people with 8:00pm fireworks packages had their ressies cancelled and offered VIP seating at the 6:30pm show. I can only imagine the uproar at not having midnight fireworks. Might be worth a call at this point.

You should be fine to hop to Epcot. Based on what we have seen for the past years since they started park reservations, they don't close hopping even on the busiest of days.

If you call you may want to check if there will be midnight fireworks at Epcot. Right now the calendar only shows 6:30pm and the people with 8:00pm fireworks packages had their ressies cancelled and offered VIP seating at the 6:30pm show. I can only imagine the uproar at not having midnight fireworks. Might be worth a call at this point.
This is driving me crazy! Could Disney really disappoint tens of thousands of paying guests by being too cheap to do a midnight countdown fireworks show at Epcot? But if not, why have they still not announced anything?

My kids will be so disappointed if it doesn’t happen.

I’ll find it odd if they don’t since they have ones scheduled for 6:30.

This is driving me crazy! Could Disney really disappoint tens of thousands of paying guests by being too cheap to do a midnight countdown fireworks show at Epcot? But if not, why have they still not announced anything?

My kids will be so disappointed if it doesn’t happen.
Chatted with guest services told me only the 6:30pm Luminous. But when I pressed she said it would be announced "day of" ....clearly, she was just sick of talking to me!

I'm predicting the return of Illuminations! No announcement to avoid more people park hopping to EPCOT.

That's because there is NO fireworks at 9 Luminous on NYE not because they cancelled anything. They should have never let folks book an 8PM party time.
They moved the regular 9 Luminous Fireworks to 6:30
Why would they move Luminous time if they were not going to have an additional show at midnight?
Just leave the show at 9:00
Also, why open till 1AM if there's no additional fireworks
It not being on the calendar is nothing I'd worry about. It has no name. There's nothing to list
It's not like at MK where they do a named show at midnight.

Trying to squeeze into Epcot for NYE and all parks except AK are showing as at capacity with no reservations available. Any insights on additional park availability being released in the coming days? And if I were to buy a park hopper for AK how confident could I be that I could get into Epcot at 2pm? Curious if anyone else is in the same boat and what the recommended strategy is in this scenario to ensure I am inside Epcot on NYE :-)

View attachment 820537

There were no issues last year with PH @ 2 pm into Epcot. Not sure if that helps, but it did fall on a Saturday, so I thought would be mobbed (it wasn’t bad).

I’m surprised they haven’t announced NYE fireworks yet. We typically go between Christmas and New Years. Strange.

We stayed at GDT last week (room facing DHS) and heard fireworks (testing?) around midnight. I wasn’t about to jump out of bed to look, but it was loud and numerous, so assumed it was for NYE.

Last edited:
That's because there is NO fireworks at 9 Luminous on NYE not because they cancelled anything. They should have never let folks book an 8PM party time.
They moved the regular 9 Luminous Fireworks to 6:30
Why would they move Luminous time if they were not going to have an additional show at midnight?
Just leave the show at 9:00
Also, why open till 1AM if there's no additional fireworks
It not being on the calendar is nothing I'd worry about. It has no name. There's nothing to list
It's not like at MK where they do a named show at midnight.
This is still very confusing and frankly frustrating, historically an 11:40p NYE countdown show has always been published and often months in advance, why would be different this year, and to your point the park is open until 1am, otherwise why would it be open that late... So strange..

This is still very confusing and frankly frustrating, historically an 11:40p NYE countdown show has always been published and often months in advance, why would be different this year, and to your point the park is open until 1am, otherwise why would it be open that late... So strange..
Read post #13, the one immediately before yours, she posted the fireworks/entertainment schedule for NYE at Epcot.

Last edited:
I don't think Disney realizes, or cares, just how much some people rely on their calendar and view is as all the offer. If it's not on there, some think it's not happening. As for me, I find it useless and never rely on the calendar. But, to each their own. At least all doubt is gone now, for the debbie doubters out there. They will have a countdown fireworks at midnight. Hopefully, everyone can rest easier now.

For those of you there today for NYE, would love your impressions and to know whether any parks were closed at a certain point. We live 1 hr from WDW (AP, DVC) and go often but typically do not go during these 2 weeks of the year or at Easter but have been toying with doing it next year at NYE. Any input would be greatly appreciated! (We actually were at EPCOT for NYE in 1999 but it was a different world then, of course. And we thought all the computers were going to combust at midnight due to Y2K :) ) Happy New Year to all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter