Epcot Dec 8th

erinz

DIS Veteran
Ok....first of all let me say this. I would give my next paycheck to anyone who could find me a Starbucks within driving distance of Orlando. Heck, it could be any of the surrounding states! Ok, two paychecks.

It's Tuesday the 9th. Our third day, and our bodies are already having second thoughts about leaving our hotel room. Our bodies, not our minds! :hyper:

Yesterday we went to Epcot. I have to apologize upfront here because I'll be using the words "magical" and "wonderful" a kazillion times in my e-mails.

We had a WONDERFUL time! The crowds were REALLY low. Had dinner at Le Cellier. I was worried about that becuase I had read alot of e-mails saying that it was kind of dark and gloomy. No way! Yes it is in a celler......but I found the atmosphere beautiful. The food was fantastic (oops I should have said wonderful).

We walked on all the rides, but I noticed that Test Track had a 35 minute stand by wait time.

And just an FYI. If any of you have kids who are the least bit spooked by snakes and you go see Honey I Shrunk the Audience (which was great!) have them close their eyes the moment it looks like the snake is coming toward you.

The Lands were magical. I thought I was in heaven as we strolled through them. My 9yr old DD got a passport and it was the best thing ever! She wasn't very interested in going to The Lands, but as soon as she got that passport in her hands she was bundle of excitement going from country to country!

We walked by the CP and heard the tail end of it. WOW! For those of you who are going to see/hear this, it's incredible!!

I found Illuminations to be totally anti climatic. I think the problem was that we had already seen Wishes, and Illuminations just didn't compare....IMO.

The weather here has been perfect. It seems like the days were in the 70s. Sunday evening it got cool, but a light jacket would have worked. Last night my DH just had a T shirt and was fine. Today its cloudy. I THINK it may rain tomorrow a bit but I barely heard the forcast so maybe they meant another part of the country.

By for now!

:wave2:

There are at least a dozen Starbucks in Orlando proper. The closest to Disney is in the Marriott World Center. There are also two Starbucks at Universal CityWalk.

IM me and I'll give you the address to send your paychecks!

:earsboy:

Same here Illuminations was not so wonderful. I've been going to Disney since I was 6 weeks old (but I don't remember much from then...lol) and I would have to saw that Illuminations bores me. I took my godchildren and future DH to be and he thought it was pretty boring as well... he hates fireworks but liked wishes and enjoyed fatasmic... maybe EPCOT should rethink the Illuminations changes...

Psst, they have Starbuck's coffee at Tubbi's Buffeteria at the Dolphin Hotel. But maybe you were wanting something special? There's one at the airport, too. :)

You guys, thanks for the Starbucks tips!!! I've decided that my next paycheck actually will be going to pay for the 156 triple lattes there. This will be me soon :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter