EPCOT dining help, please

musika

Everybody wants to be a cat.
I am hoping to book our kids into Captain Hook's Pirate Crew for an evening so mom and dad can enjoy a kid-free meal. I don't want to be too far away from them just in case (It's at Beach Club for those not familiar), so I think World Showcase is our best bet for an adult meal? (Open to suggestion). Our goal is adult-friendly, sit-down, mid-price range (okay to pay more than average, but no V&A if you get my drift), something a bit out of our comfort zone/where we wouldn't normally take kids. I think the following fit the bill... any comments on which would be a better choice?

Biergarten
Chefs de France
Katsura Grill
Le Cellier (this may be pushing it, budget-wise)
Restaurant Marrakesh
La Hacienda de San Angel
Spice Road Table
Teppan Edo

I am hoping to book our kids into Captain Hook's Pirate Crew for an evening so mom and dad can enjoy a kid-free meal. I don't want to be too far away from them just in case (It's at Beach Club for those not familiar), so I think World Showcase is our best bet for an adult meal? (Open to suggestion). Our goal is adult-friendly, sit-down, mid-price range (okay to pay more than average, but no V&A if you get my drift), something a bit out of our comfort zone/where we wouldn't normally take kids. I think the following fit the bill... any comments on which would be a better choice?

Biergarten
Chefs de France
Katsura Grill
Restaurant Marrakesh
La Hacienda de San Angel
Spice Road Table
Teppan Edo

Of the ones you mention, my preference would be Spice Road Table. The food and service are consistently good and the atmosphere is really lovely in both the indoor and outdoor seating area. We also like La Hacienda. Chefs has a lovely atmosphere, but we aren't fans of the food - too salty, IMHO. Biergarten has communal seating, as does Teppan Edo, so wouldn't be my first choice for a date-night type of experience. Katsura Grill is a QS restaurant. Le Cellier isn't the best signature, IMHO.

You may also want to consider two restaurants at the Yacht Club - Ale & Compass (mid-range pricing) and Yachtsman Steakhouse (better than Le Cellier, IMHO). You could eat at one of those restaurants, then stroll into EP WS. We find the resort restaurants to be typically quieter than the park restaurants.

Chefs de France, Spice Road, and Teppan Edo are my top 3 from your list. Though if you have hibachi cooking by you I would offer up Biergarten, which is family style with communal tables but fun. Your list seems to be a blend of QS and TS. If you want adult quality time, I would stick with the TS restaurants.

Biergarten
Chefs de France
Katsura Grill
Restaurant Marrakesh
La Hacienda de San Angel
Spice Road Table
Teppan Edo
In Epcot: Chefs de France (even though I take children there); Spice Road, and instead of Teppan Edo which is very kid-centric, I would choose Tokyo Dining.

On the Boardwalk: Hands down, Flying Fish.

We were there a few weeks ago and tried Ale and Compass for the first time and canceled our Epcot meal for the next day to return. We also enjoyed trying Shula’s for the first time, it was amazing. I think the food at the Epcot resorts is better that the food in the parks these days unfortunately.

I would choose Monsieur Paul or Le Cellier if you want to enjoy a walk through Epcot without kids. Il Mulino would be my top choice foodwise, but we can get great food at home. I really love visiting the parks without kids too much to pass up the opportunity to wander around World Showcase.

Thanks all for the suggestions and comments. I've had another look at prices and menus, and re-did our list. I've put a star next to the ones that I think will be our top choices (depending on DH!)

Chefs de France
Monsieur Paul*
Restaurant Marrakesh
Spice Road Table*
bluezoo
Yachtsman Steakhouse*
Ale & Compass

Some of the excellent suggestions were a tad out of our price range, sadly. Monsieur Paul is close to the top end, but I think we can swing the prix fixe menu there so it stays on the list for now.

I would choose Monsieur Paul or Le Cellier if you want to enjoy a walk through Epcot without kids. Il Mulino would be my top choice foodwise, but we can get great food at home. I really love visiting the parks without kids too much to pass up the opportunity to wander around World Showcase.

Yeah, this is the way I'm leaning. Some of the restaurants I've cut not because we wouldn't enjoy, but because they are similar to something we can get at home. I also am thinking we'll want to stroll for a bit through WS. I believe that the kids club runs until 8:30, so theoretically we should have some free time at the end depending on how quick the meal goes. My fear with Monsieur Paul is that service may take quite a while.

No need to go to epcot..you have Flying Fish right across the lake..or if not on DDP Shulas Steakhouse in the Dolphin.

These both look delicious. Sadly no DDP for us so they are both a bit too high end given the $110 we'll already be dropping for the pirate crew.

Ale & Compass is a nice adult meal. We ate at Crews Cup Lounge at the Yacht Club (right next to Yachtsman Steakhouse) the other night and it was very good as well. If it wasn't for the expensive beer that my husband drank it would have been inexpensive. Not a huge menu, but nice.

I have eaten in Chefs de France and Monsieur Paul, and I would say in my opinion, Monsieur Paul has the edge on food, service and ambience. We managed to get a window table so had a lovely view over Bay lake. Also France is next to the International Gateway, making it quick and easy to get to and from the Beach Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter