Epcot still a mess?

My husband was disappointed with Epcot even right before all the construction started. I think this was a combination of being a child of the 80s when Epcot was new and at its prime and the fact that he always wanted to go, but never got to (his family went to WDW when he was a kid, but only ever visited MK). It did not live up to his expectations. I know he'd be even more disappointed today so I'm hoping it is in better shape before our trip next year (we didn't even bother back in March on our most recent trip).

I'm going to remain optimistic that WDW will figure it out with EPCOT and they will make it a great park once again. I'm a glass half empty kind of guy though. That all being said, I too am frustrated with the snail like pace which WDW operates with projects. Actually, WDW is so slow it is almost an insult to snails to cite it as the pacing example for project completion.

My fingers, toes and (Mickey) ears are crossed for a great EPCOT park once they complete the transformation.

"The Crater" has transformed from those beautiful fountains to a walled-off dirt hole with plans for a huge pavillion to what's likely to be food kiosk row. Wall-cot will become Festival park - your favorite place to pay entry for the privilege of buying overpriced bland food.

The walls don’t bother me. I have been in the parks with walls of some sort on almost every trip. Don’t forget that ugly hat blocking the theater. Oh wait, that was on purpose. 😇

I guess it's all perspective. I was just there a few days ago and yes, there are still black walls. But Creations and Club Cool have opened. The rides are still there. Food and Wine is still there. It's still my second favorite park, even with all of the construction.

It is anticipated that the Future World refurb will have the Epcot main entrance rerouted for another year. We’re guessing it may be finished in time for Epcot’s 40th anniversary on Oct 1, 2022.

This is encouraging as our trip is December 2022 and I'm excited for the new Epcot, I'm planning 2 days and our last trip was construction walls (Dec 2019) so I'm ready for them to be down!

I picked a park reservation for Epcot and I noticed it dont open till 11:00, I usually leave the park around 1:00 cause I have already seen what I want to see and am tired by then cause we get there at 8:00 so now what do I do? Will it have early acess for resort guests? I wanted to eat lunch in the new Space 220 and then rest till the Christmas party which is the same night. Should I pick a different park that day and park hop to Epcot a different day? I hate these park reservations??

I picked a park reservation for Epcot and I noticed it dont open till 11:00, I usually leave the park around 1:00 cause I have already seen what I want to see and am tired by then cause we get there at 8:00 so now what do I do? Will it have early acess for resort guests? I wanted to eat lunch in the new Space 220 and then rest till the Christmas party which is the same night. Should I pick a different park that day and park hop to Epcot a different day? I hate these park reservations??
The only reservation I make for Epcot is arrival day since I arrive latish in the afternoon. Otherwise, I hop over there (every day, it's my favorite park).

As far as the construction walls. We were there the 2nd week in Sept. (right after Labor Day). My son's SO had never been to Epcot so it was her first time to experience it. The new shop hadn't opened yet and there were plenty of walls. She still fell in love with it. Even without the CMs in WS and lots of things still closed down, she loved it. My son and I kept pointing out things that were there "in the before times" and what we were hoping would be back. She said she sure wished she had been there in the before times, it sounded great. In all fairness, we pointed these things out in every park not just Epcot.

I have always liked Epcot. The walls are annoying and I hope they finish construction sooner rather than later. I like that the the stone monuments are gone and they have found a way to preserve them for those who paid for it.

I really like Epcot during flower and Garden and when everything is green and pretty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter