Eric Carmen, age 74, passes away....

Thanks Dan, for the montage of songs. I didn't realize Eric was responsible for so many great hits back then.

R.I.P. Eric. Your songs live on. :music:

Last edited:
The two songs I first think of when I hear his name are “All By Myself” and “Never gonna fall in love again”.

Was that the guy who sang All By Myself in the 70's? I do remember The Raspberries hit Go All The Way because Star Lord plays it in Guardians Of The Galaxy while flying the Milano. I believe All By Myself was also covered by Celine Dion and was one of her hit ballads and it was featured in a Wendy's commercial too when Wendy sings All By Myself while eating a hamburger

Aw, too bad. I loved the The Raspberries back in the day when I was very, very young and going to pool during the summers. Some songs just bring back those memories and I have a few of The Raspberries on my Spotify playlist.

What a fantastic voice! He could belt out power pop, or do beautiful ballads. Was a Raspberries fan from the get go. Finally got to see Eric as part of Ringo Starr’s All Starr band years ago. I will miss him

Lots of thoughtful comments (you need to click to YouTube and then sort by 'newest') about his passing. That movie, soundtrack and song are all such classics. I always enjoy that movie and the music, especially Hungry Eyes.

Thanks Dan, for the reminder of his wonderful music.
Honestly, I believe "those days" had some of the very best music ever written, sung, and recorded!

At first I thought you meant South Park related and then I clicked, which is unintentionally funny and inappropriate:headache:

I do love the music of Eric Carmen but my head is now playing me the theme of South Park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter