Espn Beer Mug

Sauunders

Earning My Ears
Cruised last June and bought the ESPN beer mug which allowed refills at a discounted rate. Does anyone know if they are still offering such a deal? Any info would be appreciated.
Sailing 5/31.

Yep, the same deal still applies. Might want to stock up on those ESPN mugs though - I assume they'll be gone after ESPN is redone into the teens lounge!!

'Beano' :cool:

How much are the ESPN mugs? I would like to surprise my dh with one on Father's Day. Are they refillable anywhere on the ship? Thanks.

I think the mug cost $10. It holds a bit more beer than a standard draft (22oz vs. 16oz, I think) but costs the same to re-fill. Yes, it's good in any of the bars on the ship. You can also have it filled with soda for the price of a regular soda at any of the bars.

I once did the math and I think that if you're drinking Heineken, you need to drink at least 8 beers during the cruise to make this
pay for itself. 10 if you're drinking domestic beer. While it's worth the price and makes a nice souvenier, I found it kind of a pain to drag the thing around with me (it's fairly heavy), so I did not get it on any of my subsequent cruises.

A word of warning: the mug does not fit in the drink holders in the Walt Disney Theatre, so if you're going to enjoy a beer with the show, leave it in your room, or you'll have to hold it the whole time. Better yet, go for one of the Pub Draft Guiness cans they serve in the theatre.....

RE: calculations about ESPN mug.

Don't forget to include that you can fill it up with beer from your stateroom too...

Take your mug with you! We did it on our last cruise in Feb. Did'nt have to buy any more mugs and got the great price.

We just returned from the 4/26 Magic. The mugs are still available, however it looked to me like they are phasing out the ESPN mugs and replacing them with the same size and style mugs with the DCL logo instead of the ESPN logo. When you want a refill the bar will take your old mug and replace it with a new sanitized mug. It was hit and miss as to which logo'ed mug you would get back. I managed to leave the ship with the DCL logo'ed mug. Great idea by the way to take your old mug on your next cruise! Save the $10!

Scott

We were on the Dec 1 Wonder (displaced Magic cruiser) and they had both mugs then. 9.95 and 3.75 refills including gratuity. They weren't "refilling" mugs but rather exchanging mugs due to the illness. Are they still exchanging the mugs? I have 3 here at home from previous cruises but I'd hate to bring one and lose it in an exchange.

LAMPSKIES -

That's the same reason I don't take my mugs back with me - I don't want to lose one in an exchange. Besides, $10 is a pretty cheap souvenir by Disney standards!!

'Beano':cool:

Hey BeanoC,

You're right about the cheap souvie.....plus when it's snowing here in the Chicago burbs that I live in, I can fill that mug, turn on some Jimmy Buffett and smell the Carribean air. AAAHHHHHHH!!!! HOW MUCH LONGER FOR THAT NEXT CRUISE?????

I assume they'll be gone after ESPN is redone into the teens lounge!!

Whhaaattt? Turning it into a teen lounge???? Please tell me you're joking!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter