estimated crowds in March

Shelly D.

Mouseketeer
Hello all -
We are thinking about returning to DL in March to check out CA Adventure, and although it will be difficult to predict crowds with a new park, I was wondering what the crowds were like historically in March. We are planning on arriving the week of 3/10-3/17 which is Spring Break in Texas. Do any of you Californians know when spring break is for CA schools and universities?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Shelly!

As you no doubt know, there are a MULTITUDE of schools here and spring breaks vary widely. The colleges and universities tend to have them throughout March, the elementary and secondary schools in early April through Easter. Then there are schools like my daughter's, a year-round school, and she is off from the last week of March until the week after Easter! :rolleyes:

In short, it will be BUSY pretty much all of March and April through Easter...I'd say you're doing pretty well by choosing early March, at least, as that's a bit soon for most schools to have their spring breaks. No matter what, you'll have plenty of time to ENJOY if you're planning on spending a week! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

Both parks should be very crowded all this year.

anidragon01.gif

Feel free to send me an email :)

If you need help with your Disney problem click here:Calbay's 12 Steps of Disneyholics Anonymouse

My recent trip to the Disneyland Resort
Calbay's Holiday 2000 Disneyland Trip Report

Our economics professor said that over 75% of colleges and schools in the U.S. have their spring break either the 2nd or 3rd week of March. :confused3 While we have never been to DLR during this time period, WDW has never seemed overly crowded. Last March we visited the world following ESPN weekend (the mon-thur after), and the parks didn't seem too bad.

We were there the 15th-17th last year, it was busy, but not horrible.

We have gone the past three years in March during Spring break. It's busy, but not unbearable as previously mentioned. I did just notice today that DL will be open until midnight starting 3/12 though.

We are braving March 10-17th - but not going to the parks on the sat/sun. I figure it is going to be BUSY and its all about fastpasses and being patient.
I notice that the parks are open late, which is a good indicator they expect crowds.
Also, many of the hotels are booked up, or charging high prices, which is another indicator!

I agree with the last post. We are going March 10-14 and a lot of the hotels are booked up. I booked several weeks ago and had to go with my second choice but I've noticed many hotels are now booked for that weekend. :confused3

We booked for March 6 to 12 at the Disneyland Hotel and last month, I could only get a 'premium view' room as they were booked up otherwise. So I suspect it could be busy. March 6 to 19 is our kids Spring Break.

I live ~ 30 miles Northeast of Anaheim. Schools around my area have spring break last week of March or first week of April. I have been there mid-March before and don't think it was extremely busy. But then my family spend majority of out time over in DCA which has a lot less people than DCA normally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter