Etsa

DizOz

DIS Veteran
Just curious about other people's experience.

I was speaking to our friends who are travelling with us in October and mentioned applying on ETSA for a Visa Waiver. He had no idea what I was talking about and when I explained he asked doesn't the TA do that for you?

I told him the TA that did my bookings didn't but gave me the information to do it.

What are you experiences, did your TA apply for you or did you do it yourself?

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

I didn't book through a TA, so I'll be doing it myself. I've had a quick look at the website, and am planning to get onto it this weekend.

Travel Agents are not allowed to fill in ESTA's for clients as it's the person who is visiting the U.S. whose responsibility it is to fill in their own information. Just consider it like the original Visa Waiver forms that we were given to fill out on the planes i.e. it's the passengers that fill those out not the travel agents. They should be certainly giving their clients the ESTA website information though.

Travel Agents are not allowed to fill in ESTA's for clients as it's the person who is visiting the U.S. whose responsibility it is to fill in their own information. Just consider it like the original Visa Waiver forms that we were given to fill out on the planes i.e. it's the passengers that fill those out not the travel agents. They should be certainly giving their clients the ESTA website information though.

Spot on Travel Mum.

We booked our entire holiday on-line from the flights to accommodation to park tickets and the Qantas website advised us to do it ourselves. Took 10 minutes. Nice and painless!

Good to hear that it's a painless exercise! I think I'll get that out of the way over a glass of wine tonight :cool1: (I finish work in 4 mins, and can't think of anything better than having a wine or 2 when I get home!).

No glass of wine required. Got my daughter and I approved for travel in around 10 mins. All good :)

Just remember that if you've got an ESTA filled in and then get a new passport that you need to submit a new application.....otherwise you might get stuck at Customs or over an hour, like my mum!!

Hi guys,

Ok can one of you explain to me ESTA??? What is it, where do I get it, and how much does it cost? Could you add a link to any wed site.

Thanks Heaps :thumbsup2

Jen :surfweb:

Hi guys,

Ok can one of you explain to me ESTA??? What is it, where do I get it, and how much does it cost? Could you add a link to any wed site.

Thanks Heaps :thumbsup2

Jen :surfweb:

ESTA is the Electronic travel authorisation or Visa Waiver Program form that has to be completed online before travelling to the USA by visitors from certain countries. Australia is one of those nations where visitors are required to fill the form in and it needs to be filled in by each person travelling, not one per family. You will be given a number (and it's a long number :rotfl: ) so that you can go back and update your travel information for future trips within that two years, but updating your information is not compulsory.

It lasts for two years unless (as Princessinoz has mentioned) you get a new passport during those two years, if you do you will need to reapply.

It is free at the moment but I have heard that they are going to start charging for it (don't know if that is actually true or not :confused3 )

Here is the link, https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/

I booked the trip myself and was directed to the ETSA website from the Qantas website.

As a former travel consultant, I can confirm that it is the TA's responsibility to tell the client about all visas needed but not to apply for them on their behalf.

I booked the trip myself and was directed to the ETSA website from the Qantas website.

As a former travel consultant, I can confirm that it is the TA's responsibility to tell the client about all visas needed but not to apply for them on their behalf.

ESTA is the Electronic travel authorisation or Visa Waiver Program form that has to be completed online before travelling to the USA by visitors from certain countries. Australia is one of those nations where visitors are required to fill the form in and it needs to be filled in by each person travelling, not one per family. You will be given a number (and it's a long number :rotfl: ) so that you can go back and update your travel information for future trips within that two years, but updating your information is not compulsory.

It lasts for two years unless (as Princessinoz has mentioned) you get a new passport during those two years, if you do you will need to reapply.

It is free at the moment but I have heard that they are going to start charging for it (don't know if that is actually true or not :confused3 )

Here is the link, https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/

Thanks for all the info, I just think it's fantastic that so many people are here on Dis sharing information and offering help. All the info I have found on here today has made my life planning our dream holiday so much easier.

Thanks a million ladies :love:

jen :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter