• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Even the Garbage Cans Have Flowers!"-A September 2016 Mother-Daughter TR!- NEW TR LINK 9/13!

Man! How does your mom fall asleep like that?!? Too funny.

otherwise Gone with the Wind, Grease, the original Nightmare on Elm Street, and Never Been Kissed.
I feel like this is a "Which one of these things doesn't belong" game?

Diet Coke, cappuccino, and for many years until I had kids and decided any alcohol would do, Malibu Baybreeze.
Children do that to you, don't they?

I LOVE Fantasmic! And your mom falling asleep in the middle of it is just too funny:laughing: I loved Beaches and Cream when we went in 2012, and I'm finally getting to go back this summer! :cheer2:

Loving the update, goes perfect with my cup of coffee bright and early on this Tuesday morning!

Haha yes this does picture does a better job at showing your actual height! PS- You two are so adorbable!

Ugh. Really people?

pphheewww! This happened to my mom and I in the "American Adventure" in January, I legit covered my nose (ya know... b/c I'm a mature adult, haha!) hoping that the people would stop breaking wind...

OMG this is my favorite!! haha!! Your mom is so cute!!

Oh boy, I can totally see this happening!! I feel like my mom and I would be nervous to walk the path at night, is it lit? I know its Disney, but I'm a total scaredy cat. Good thing its DH and I going next month, I plan on using this path A LOT... he can be my protector! haha!

It is so cute! I've never stayed there but I've visited several times! It really does feel like Cape Cod too... have you ever been? DH and I want to head down to Nantucket this summer after a weekend in the cape!

I can't 'smell' it because for some reason I don't remember the scent from when I stayed at the BC in 2006 (terrible trip, long story, which included my grandmother/two cousins/mom and me all in one room. I was 18, cousins were 10/12...I digress). BUT now I'm SO SO SO excited to smell the smell in 37 days! (Ps- did a TR title just get created? 'do you smell the smell'? hm...)

AHHMAZING!!! .

YAY! I need to check this out, love me a good Vineyard Vines t shirt/hat. Plus, your Lily dresses always looks so cute, I've never had one, but maybe I'll try one on!

LOVE THIS! What is it about a girls trip that makes scary movies/shows feel so good? I always watch '48 Hours' on vacation when my mom and I go away, its so funny!

Ok enough rambling from me! :)

Thanks girl! EEP, your trip is coming up so soon I'm so excited for you!! You better send me lots of Disney-related snapchats so I can live vicariously through you ::yes::

Haha, that's the thing about Disney, body odor is sadly a common problem! Maybe it's the heat, or the junk food, or the excitement... :laughing:

I still can't believe Mom fell asleep, I wasn't sure whether to be shocked or impressed!

The walking path was kind of sketchy to be honest...not at all sketchy in a dangerous way (I mean, it is Disney!), but just kind of dark and hard to find! We were glad we tried it once, since we had never used it when staying at the BC/YC, but we much prefer the boat. It's not super well lit and it's kind of in a weird spot and underneath a large freeway bridge.

Ahhh I've never been to Cape Cod but I've been to Boston twice and I LOVE it! Boston is once of my all-time favorite cities!

Haha, I'm so glad to have assisted in creating a potential TR title!! Oh and trust me, once you smell "the smell," you'll know it! It's heavenly :love:

YES you definitely should check out the gift shop in the YC! Oh, and once you try on a Lily dress, you're addicted!

LOL that is hysterical that your mom fell asleep during Fantasmic! I've definitely caught my mom napping during attractions a few times :rotfl:

Love your nighttime shots both at DHS and the resorts!

Mmm both your sundaes look good! I gotta try the No Way Jose one day!

Sounds like a nice end to another great day :)

Haha I still tease her about it to this day! I can see maybe sneaking in a quick nap on Carousel of Progress or Hall of Presidents, but Fantastic?! It's so loud and bright :rotfl:

Thank you!! Yes you definitely should try to No Way Jose, but you also can't go wrong with any of the sundaes and Beaches and Cream!

:rotfl:So scandalous

They're coming here on the 1st! I saw them back in high school too but in a smaller venue. It was packed and we were near a guy so sweaty it was coming off and hitting us :crazy2:

You too! I think I'm doing it this week. I had so much other stuff to post that I still haven't got to it. But I'll tag you!

Gross!

:rotfl: Josh is like that too and he makes excuses like he "was just resting his eyes".

I love Fantasmic! We just saw it and I'm debating that or Illuminations for our next trip (which we haven't seen since our first trip).

Josh loved that movie too! I've only seen it once as a kid. I wanted to watch it again soon. I was shocked when I watched Gremlins as an adult! I watched it when I was like 4? It was not for 4 year olds!

Me too ah!

I don't think it's the same one, but I watched one where 2 girls has babies at the same time but in different situations and one coveted the others life, but that girl coveted more money and it ended in murder too. I can't remember the title though I liked it though :rotfl:

Yay that makes me happy that we're both seeing Third Eye Blind this summer! Hopefully you have a less sweaty experience this time :lmao:

Haha, it's so funny how all of the jokes in kid's movies just go right over their heads! I was just watching the Rugrats a few days ago and I raised a few eyebrows at some of the lines! :laughing:

Although the movie you're thinking of isn't the one we watched that night, it sounds like your typical Lifetime movie! You get sooo sucked into them, Mom and I just watched one last week called "The Other Mother," and we were up until 1:00 because we just couldn't go to bed until it was over!

I know I'm way behind on the Q&A thing but I love the idea and I've enjoyed reading your answers and everyone else's! I know you said to copy and paste, but b/c I'm a technological reject I just quoted them all :hyper:

Yes, 2 kitties. I 20 lb. monster named Jackie and a little calico girl named Jazzy.

Elizabeth, which was my grandmother's middle name.

Um....older than anyone else who has answered these questions :rolleyes1

Not sure.........but probably boring pizza. I could eat it every night!

Cilantro. Which I guess is a veggie - or a grass lol - but it tastes like dish soap to me.

Mexico once.

Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Metallica

Right now Shameless which has to be just about the best TV show of all time; for many years and a close 2nd, also the total opposite of Shameless, I loved Little House on the Prairie :)

I younger sister

Brown

Hard to say! Disney wise probably Peter Pan and Zootpia; otherwise Gone with the Wind, Grease, the original Nightmare on Elm Street, and Never Been Kissed.

Red

Anything with chocolate and PB!

Kohl's and JCPenney, and for Disney Hot Topic ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

English

Diet Coke, cappuccino, and for many years until I had kids and decided any alcohol would do, Malibu Baybreeze.

Anything by Stephen King

Absolutely never. I hated sports until my kids started playing basketball, which I now really, really enjoy, but I hate every other sport :duck:

Mint chocolate chip

A whopping 5'3" and shrinking weekly!

Lillies of the Valley

Johnny Depp, Robert De Niro

Christmas!

LMAO if it does than I'm old, too!

:rotfl:

I love this! It's what I get whenever we go there :thumbsup2

Ooh, good to know about Vineyard Vines! My nephew loves their clothes and other than one outlet near us we don't have anywhere that sells their clothes around here. I know it's kind of far out of my way to go to get him something but I do get his brothers things when we're down there and he's kind of old for Disney souvenirs, so a VV shirt would work.

YAY! I'm so glad you decided to complete my survey :)

My sister's middle name is Elizabeth too!

OMG, my family loves Little House on the Prairie! I watched it a lot growing up! I always cry at the episode where Mary loses her baby in the fire :sad:

I love Stephen King movies, but I've only read one of his books: The Dead Zone. I tried reading the Shining a few years ago, but had to stop halfway through because I got so scared. To this day, The Shining movie is the scariest movie I've ever seen, and I'm a horror movie lover!

Yes you definitely should peek in Summer Lace and the YC gift shop! They both have a good selection of Vineyard Vines as well as some other cute brands.

Glad you were able to find seats out of the stink zone lol! Very funny about your mom taking a quick nap during Fantasmic, it would be tough to sleep on those seats! Your ice cream looks so good right now. We have not stayed at YC yet I actually liked the BWV better than the BCV, our room faced the creepy clown pool, I loved it lol!

Haha, I have no idea how my mom managed to fall asleep during Fantasmic.. she must have been really tired!

I was reading along with your dining report when you stayed at BWV, and I loved your room view too! I feel like it really captures the essence of BWI. The clown pool is ok during the day, but the glowing eyes just freak me out :laughing: I need to try out renting DVC points soon... BWV, PVB, and BLT are on my bucket list for sure!

Falling asleep during fantasmic has got to be hard to achieve. With the noise and hard seats I couldn't imagine doing it.

I wasn't sure whether to be impressed or horrified :rotfl: My mom is borderline narcoleptic sometimes!!

Man! How does your mom fall asleep like that?!? Too funny.

I feel like this is a "Which one of these things doesn't belong" game?

Children do that to you, don't they?

I have no idea! Her ability to fall asleep so quickly is a talent!

Haha, I wouldn't know about the children thing, but your comment made me crack up :rotfl2:

I LOVE Fantasmic! And your mom falling asleep in the middle of it is just too funny:laughing: I loved Beaches and Cream when we went in 2012, and I'm finally getting to go back this summer! :cheer2:

Me too!! When we saw it in 2015, I couldn't believe we had waited so long between trips to see it again... I felt like we had really missed out!

YAY for Beaches and Cream! You will have to tell me what you order so I can live my ice cream dreams through you :love:

Day 6: Part 1- “My Heart Has Wings, And I Can Fly!”

Hello my wonderful Disfriends!! Sorry for going semi-AWOL on you guys! There’s lots of big changes going on in my non-Disney life that I’ve been focusing on presently. My boyfriend Tom just got a new job in my hometown, so he has moved in temporarily with my parents and I before he finds his own apartment :hyper: It’s been fun getting to play house! We’ve been dating for 3 years and my family knows him well and loves him, so it’s awesome that he is closer now and also has a new opportunity ahead of him! In addition, I just applied for a promotion for my current job, so things have been really busy around here! Who are we, adulting and such?!

603BACBB-EEB7-44BC-8B0F-23BD8F148A32_zpsujrbcyhk.gif

Anyways, enough about me! Where I last left off in the TR, Mom and I had just gone to bed after an incredibly busy and amazing day 5 on our trip!! We had big plans for day 6, and we desperately needed some shut-eye.

Morning came very early (for us), at about 7:45 AM. We were going to Magic Kingdom for the afternoon, and since we had skipped rope-drop on our first Magic Kingdom day, we knew that we needed to hit it today! Neither Mom nor I had ever done rope-drop at ANY park before, and what better park to introduce it than Magic Kingdom?!

We got ready super fast, but we were still cutting it pretty close. The park opened at 9:00 this morning, and we were out the door by 8:25 :crazy2: We found our DME notice on our door but tossed it in the room. No time to think about last-day blues!! We had a park to get to!

For some reason, I was like 100% sure that the monorail didn’t operate until 9:00 AM. I’m not sure where I got this information from (is it true on some days?), but I was insistent that we take the boat over. It was totally the wrong choice and I take full blame for the next course of events :sad2:

So, we sped-walked to the boat dock and managed to catch a boat right at 8:30. Since we were closer to the Magic Kingdom than the Poly, we figured that the boat would go right to MK.

Nope, the boat started speeding in the direction of the Poly :sad: Mom and I’s hopes of catching rope drop were squashed. When we were docked at the Poly, we could faintly hear the welcome show starting. Twist the knife, why don’t ya!

D2A7DC5A-5821-43E1-BF98-B60953F7588B_zpsunjofxxx.gif

We were sad, but didn’t want to wallow in it too much. Hey, just another reason to come back, right? It was a beautiful day in Magic Kingdom, so our disappointment was soon forgotten :goodvibes

AFA592D0-C874-4C60-8263-2727A0FDD104_zpszne1doxu.jpg

As we entered Magic Kingdom, we realized that this was the earliest we had ever been to a park! We are totally the type of family who stays out late and sleeps in late, so it was cool to see a near-empty MK.

4277A505-BAB3-4C74-AC95-39B5555CE393_zpsfgjrjr8l.jpg

Love the Halloween decorations!

Here were our plans for the day:

FP +

10:00 - 11:00 AM- Splash Mountain

11:05 - 12:05 PM- Space Mountain

1:05 - 2:05- Seven Dwarves Mine Train

ADRS

9:00 PM- Raglan Road

Our original plans for the day were to spend the morning and early afternoon at Magic Kingdom, then head over to Disney Springs for the night. In addition to more shopping, there was something there that we had always wanted to see but never made it over to:

2AC3CF9B-2031-4C93-9C1F-421740E00153_zpsbhl9ijl7.jpg

La Nouba! Mom and I love theatre and thought it would be the perfect way to round out the last night of our girl’s trip. However, it was the morning of the show day and we still hadn’t gotten tickets yet :scared1: Although we still wanted to see it, we weren’t 100% sold on the idea of Cirque Du Soleil now that we were actually in Disney. Would we decide to go? You’ll have to find out later!

Anywho, we didn’t really have anywhere to be, so we sort of meandered about the hub and took in the beautiful sights!

3F17398A-5140-4CFD-A4FB-6092AF53909B_zps0ylaw24n.jpg

Cinderella’s Castle (and a lovely crane)! Notice the amazing Disney-bound of Belle below it? It literally looks like we walked onto the set of a princess movie princess:

330DC633-78D4-4B17-812E-C17ACAF3618F_zpsgbtkh4fq.jpg

Had to get a typical tourist shot with "Partners!"

We heard some exciting music over by the castle, so we moved closer. Turns out, Elena of Avalor was being inducted into the royal court!

F67853CD-6E6F-4984-854A-C87D6C37BE00_zpsqie8qdlc.jpg

So cute!! I love how little girls who are Latina now have a princess of their own culture that they can look up to :)

We watched for a bit, then decided to stroll towards Fantasyland. Mom went to the bathroom, where I headed off in search of something to eat. I knew exactly what I had in mind: A Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle from Sleepy Hollow! :love:

I was the only one at the counter, and a really nice gentleman took my order. I must have looked rough, because he asked, “Are you tired, princess?” :rotfl:

I ordered my beautiful waffle, and also a vanilla iced coffee to mend my tiredness :thumbsup2

AA2370C7-5A23-44F6-B6C4-00997474545F_zps1wlri9ng.jpg

7E279D9C-E132-4A85-B23A-28D4B7F15DD4_zpsfqezvaxe.gif

It was such an awesome moment, you guys. I had been wanting to try Sleepy Hollow since 2013, but every time we passed by, it was closed. This trip, I made sure to make it a priority! Mom finally got back from the bathroom (she got lost and took a detour through Adventureland :laughing:) and we sat together outside while I ate my breakfast. Mom’s not a breakfast person, so she didn’t get anything. My waffle did not disappoint; it was so yummy and a perfect pre-park breakfast! I will for sure be back!

As I ate, we decided on our first ride of the day. It was unanimous: Pirates of the Caribbean! It was closed on our last trip, so we rode it a lot this trip because we had missed it so much last year.

As we got into Adventureland, we really realized just how dead the park was. I know I say it a lot, but once Labor Day passed, the crowds were soooo light! Pirates was a walk-on, so off we went! We stopped by the Pirates League to sign our names in the Pirates handbook, because we're children :rotfl: I had put all of my pins on the strap of my overalls that morning, and the lady outside said, "Nice collection of shiny things, matey!"

The smell on Pirates is so amazing!! The girls who rode in front of us looked to be CP members; they were all wearing adorable Disney t-shirts and buttons that looked to be from Etsy. One girl’s button had a picture of Belle on it and said, “Is butter a carb?” :rotfl2: Disney and Mean Girls, two of my favorite things!

When we got off of Pirates, we decided to keep with our Adventureland theme and ride the Magic Carpets of Aladdin! If we have time, we like to ride this cute little ride once a trip, I love Aladdin, and I wish they had more Aladdin stuff/themes around WDW besides the Magic Carpets. It was a gorgeous day out (almost 90 degrees and not a cloud in the sky), so we almost wanted to get spit on by the giant camel!

Once our ride on the Carpets had concluded, we looped back around by Fantasyland to do a classic; Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel! I searched high and low for Cinderella’s horse, but figured that a little princess probably deserved to ride on it more than me ::yes::

4DD9BC57-3934-44FF-A093-8674C424C620_zpswk3zw07d.jpg

Carousel Selfie!

After disembarking our horses, we decided to call my dad back home. We talked to him for a bit about our trip, and then right before we hung up, he said, “Make sure you ride the Haunted Mansion next!” Well, we couldn’t disappoint my dad, so that’s exactly where we headed!

Coming Up Next- Day 6: Part 2- “The Flower That Blooms In Adversity Is The Most Rare And Beautiful Of All!”

Last edited:

You better send me lots of Disney-related snapchats so I can live vicariously through you ::yes::

Oh you know I will girl! xoxo

I still can't believe Mom fell asleep, I wasn't sure whether to be shocked or impressed!

I'm going to go with 'impressed'. :rotfl2:

The walking path was kind of sketchy to be honest...not at all sketchy in a dangerous way (I mean, it is Disney!), but just kind of dark and hard to find! We were glad we tried it once, since we had never used it when staying at the BC/YC, but we much prefer the boat. It's not super well lit and it's kind of in a weird spot and underneath a large freeway bridge.

Hmmm good to know! I'm thinking mom and I would take the boat, where DH and I will probably walk

Oh, and once you try on a Lily dress, you're addicted!

Have you heard of tradesy? There are some second hand Lily dresses on their... I'm considering ordering one now! I've actually sold some of my old coach bags on here and got $50 one of them! score!

My boyfriend Tom just got a new job in my hometown, so he has moved in temporarily with my parents and I before he finds his own apartment

How exciting!

In addition, I just applied for a promotion for my current job, so things have been really busy around here!

Crossing my fingers for you
Love the Halloween decorations!

Same! Halloween might be one of my favorite times to be at WDW.. even tho I totally love Christmas more in real life

Mom finally got back from the bathroom (she got lost and took a detour through Adventureland :laughing:) and we sat together outside while I ate my breakfast.

hahahahahah, of course she got lost :goodvibes #soundslikesomethingmymotherwoulddo #ohwaitshehasdonethat

That's too bad you missed the welcome show. We saw the new one in January and found it a bit underwhelming and lackluster. But it was great in the respect that you could do castle and photo pass pictures, shop, and get coffee before the park officially opened.

I've yet to try the Nutella waffle. Looks yummy! Something like that would be so easy to make at home, too.

I'm interested to hear if you make it to La Nouba!

Another wonderful update! Glad to hear your bf will be closer. And I hope the promotion works out for you. Our first trip in 2011 was after Labor Day and I agree that the crowds were low during that time.

How exciting for both you and your bf!

I'm sorry you missed the Welcome Show :( but at least you still made it early! What a fun morning so far!

I ordered my beautiful waffle, and also a vanilla iced coffee to mend my tiredness :thumbsup2

It was such an awesome moment, you guys. I had been wanting to try Sleepy Hollow since 2013, but every time we passed by, it was closed. This trip, I made sure to make it a priority! Mom finally got back from the bathroom (she got lost and took a detour through Adventureland :laughing:) and we sat together outside while I ate my breakfast. Mom’s not a breakfast person, so she didn’t get anything. My waffle did not disappoint; it was so yummy and a perfect pre-park breakfast! I will for sure be back!
I saw this on IG and meant to comment on it, but never did. This sandwich is a last day tradition for me. The first time we were there when these were offered, I had every intention of getting it but for some reason I got the chicken waffle instead. It was good, but I regretted not going with my original choice of the Nutella waffle. The next trip I was determined to right this wrong, and on our last day I got this for lunch. It was so good! (And hey, it has fruit, so is healthy too, right?) And every subsequent trip since, I've gotten this on our last day while my wife eats her Mickey pretzel. I've tried making them at home, but it just isn't the same!

Hello Molly. Wow, I had a busy few weeks over Easter. Lots of family stuff that kept me busy. I also have some job changes, so it was interesting to read about your BF's job and your potential promotion. I posted already in the DisDads club thread, so I'll just give you links to that. I when I was posting the dance pictures, I actually thought of you because it seemed like something you would find interesting :)

"The Lord of the Dance" https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...of-the-disdads.3358596/page-600#post-57497346
"The Times They are a Changing" https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...of-the-disdads.3358596/page-601#post-57521233

Neither Mom nor I had ever done rope-drop at ANY park before, and what better park to introduce it than Magic Kingdom?!
I only managed to do it at Epcot years ago (2008 I think). I'm not sure they even do anything at Epcot anymore. Back then it was just the Fab Five and Daisy (is that the Super Six or something?) came out around the Epcot fountain, gave a wave and they dropped the rope. Nothing worth waking up for but nice to say I did it. How do you feel about the train station show being gone? I guess, like me, you never saw it. I'm a little disappointed that I'll never see it, but it's not too upsetting.

I knew exactly what I had in mind: A Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle from Sleepy Hollow!
I want to try that one, and it sounds like a perfect breakfast. The only one I've had was the ham and swiss. I wanted to try a different lunch (besides pizza or burgers) and it was pretty good, but I think they had ranch dressing on it which I don't like (I would have preferred mayo, which I do like).

I searched high and low for Cinderella’s horse, but figured that a little princess probably deserved to ride on it more than me
I've tried to find it for my DD but I never could. People say its there. You look for a ribbon on the tail, right?

Oh that darn ME on the door, glad you have a great day planned. The waffle looks really good, I still have yet to try one:worried: I was reading some of your replies and I agree about The Shining, scariest movie and book I have ever read! I could not sleep at night reading that one but I had to finish it.

Renting points works well for us, it has allowed us to stay at the Deluxe villa's more cost effective. I have rented 3 times from owners here on the Dis and it has always worked well for us.:daisy:

Hello my wonderful Disfriends!! Sorry for going semi-AWOL on you guys! There’s lots of big changes going on in my non-Disney life that I’ve been focusing on presently. My boyfriend Tom just got a new job in my hometown, so he has moved in temporarily with my parents and I before he finds his own apartment :hyper: It’s been fun getting to play house! We’ve been dating for 3 years and my family knows him well and loves him, so it’s awesome that he is closer now and also has a new opportunity ahead of him! In addition, I just applied for a promotion for my current job, so things have been really busy around here! Who are we, adulting and such?!

603BACBB-EEB7-44BC-8B0F-23BD8F148A32_zpsujrbcyhk.gif
That's so exciting! My boyfriend and I have been living together for about two years and although it's challenging at times being able to see each other every day is so worth it. Also, love that GIF

Morning came very early (for us), at about 7:45 AM. We were going to Magic Kingdom for the afternoon, and since we had skipped rope-drop on our first Magic Kingdom day, we knew that we needed to hit it today! Neither Mom nor I had ever done rope-drop at ANY park before, and what better park to introduce it than Magic Kingdom?!
I don't think I've ever made it to rope drop. We're always like 10 minutes late. I really wanted to see the welcome show last trip, but sleep won out in the end.

330DC633-78D4-4B17-812E-C17ACAF3618F_zpsgbtkh4fq.jpg

Had to get a typical tourist shot with "Partners!"
This picture is so cute!

Perfectly acceptable breakfast :rotfl:

If we have time, we like to ride this cute little ride once a trip, I love Aladdin, and I wish they had more Aladdin stuff/themes around WDW besides the Magic Carpets.
Totally agree! I love Aladdin so much

Nope, the boat started speeding in the direction of the Poly :sad: Mom and I’s hopes of catching rope drop were squashed. When we were docked at the Poly, we could faintly hear the welcome show starting. Twist the knife, why don’t ya!
Very sad.... We had a morning that we were trying to make it to see the welcome show. We were at Wilderness Lodge and the boat was training someone and they took FOREVER to pull in. Sadly, we missed the show. :(

That Waffle is the BEST!!! love it.

I love that your dad got to pick a ride for you...

Neither Mom nor I had ever done rope-drop at ANY park before, and what better park to introduce it than Magic Kingdom?!

WHAT?! I can't believe you've never rope-dropped a park before! I am definitely a rope-drop to close girl, much to family's dismay.:laughing: So glad the crowds thinned out for y'all! :thumbsup2

Love the trip report! I am pretty new to this site (but not new to Disney!!) and I thought that I would give these questions a try!

1. Do you have any pets?

Yes, a Chihuahua named Lola

2. What is your middle name?

Marie

3. How old are you?

4. What is your favorite food?

hmmm carbs?? Haha!! Seriously though, I always tell people that my 3 main food groups are pasta, potatoes and bread

Nutrition-Lesson.gif

5. What is one food that you cannot stand to eat?

CHICKEN!!!

6. Have you ever been to a different country?

Just Canada...boring :(

7. What is your favorite band/music artist?

Linkin Park and Thirty Seconds to Mars

8. What is your favorite TV show?

Most reality shows.....Big Brother, The Amazing Race, Vanderpump Rules. I also enjoy Orange is the New Black and This is Us.

9. How many siblings do you have?

2 younger sisters

10. What is your eye color?

Blue

11. What is your favorite movie?

Most anything Disney!!!! Also, What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

12. What is your favorite color?

Pink

13. What is your favorite candy?

Starburst

14. Where is your favorite place to buy clothes/shop?

Target

15. What was your favorite subject in school?

Psychology

16. What is your favorite drink?

Mountain Dew

17. What is your favorite book?

Ohhh, that's a tough one....I read A LOT!

18. Have you ever played any sports?

Softball and Volleyball

19. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Mint Chocolate Chip

20. How tall are you?

5'0

21. What is your favorite smell?

Bath and Body Works Apple and Peach scents and Bombshell by Victoria's Secret

22. Do you have a special talent?

I can sing...I guess that's special lol

23. Who is your favorite actor?

Jared Leto and Johnny Depp

24. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas

Oh yeah! I forgot to do these questions, Molly. Well, here is where you find out all the good stuff...

1. Do you have any pets?

Nope. Oldest DD has two hamsters, youngest DD had two goldfish. They are in a better place now and we are done with pets. I like animals, but I like other peoples animals, ones that I don't have to feed and clean up after. I do that enough with 2 kids.

Peter (and by the way, am I like, the only guy on this entire thread? What's up with that? Maybe I need to invite all the DisDads to join in your next report!)

3. How old are you?

43 (I think, hang on...*does math*...yep, that's right. I'm at the point where it's stopped being a big deal so I don't think about it much)

4. What is your favorite food?

I'll say cheeseburger, but I love love pasta too. You, know, all the things that give me a belly.

5. What is one food that you cannot stand to eat?

Anything green. Except peas. I can tolerate those. (yes, I am a typical meat and potatoes guy)

6. Have you ever been to a different country?

Well besides the US (I live in Canada), there is UK, France, Australia, St. Lucia, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, Dubai, Falkland Islands. (Most of that is work related travel)

I also lived in Scotland for a year.

7. What is your favorite band/music artist?

I don't listen to music enough to pick a favourite. Yeah, really. I never did listen much. If I had to pick it would be James Taylor. Nothing off the top 40. (I know, I am not helping my "grumpy old man" image. I pretty much have the old man part covered, but I'm really not that grumpy, promise)

8. What is your favorite TV show?

Survivor. I've given up on other reality shows, but that's one I enjoy. I will also admit to having a Buff collection.
For comedy I like The Big Bang Theory (and I loved Friends when it was on, I have all the DVD box sets)
I don't watch much drama, but I really got into Timeless this year.

9. How many siblings do you have?

One younger brother

10. What is your eye color?

Blue, sort of. It's really kind of grey. (Don't say it matches my hair. That's only true on the sides. So far...)

I'll say Star wars, but I have a pretty wide taste. I could just as easily have said The Sound of Music.

12. What is your favorite color?

Green (the dark, manly green, not the Kermit the Frog green, although I love Kermit)

13. What is your favorite candy?

Chocolate. Yes, I know chocolate is not candy, but if I want something sweet that's what I go for. I've never been into candies. Occasionally Swedish Berries, but that's about it.

14. Where is your favorite place to buy clothes/shop?

On the couch. I'm a Dad. Did you really expect a different answer?

15. What was your favorite subject in school?

Any of the sciences. I have a degree in geology.

16. What is your favorite drink?

Root beer.
Alcoholic would be spiced rum, but I don't drink that often, maybe on a Friday night.

17. What is your favorite book?

I'm not a big reader. In high school I read the Dragonlance and Shannara series. Yes, I was a geek. I'm a man in my 40's on a Disney discussion board. There are many surprises in life. That I was a geek should not be one of them.

18. Have you ever played any sports?

Does standing near the sideline in soccer praying the ball didn't come close to me and begging my parents to let me quit after two games count? Well then, no, I never played.
Actually, if you count swimming, I was actually decent at swimming and was doing pretty well in lessons until I was 9, but then had problems with fluid in my ears and had to give it up. (I got tubes in my ears 4 times, up until I was 12 or 13)

19. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Mint chocolate chip

20. How tall are you?

6' 2"...what? You can't see me. OK, 5" 7", not that short but very average, but I'm taller than both my parents so I guess I shouldn't complain.

21. What is your favorite smell?

The faint smell of wood smoke on a cold night in the Fall. It reminds me of growing up when more homes had fireplaces. It's pretty rare now in the newer homes. I sometimes go out hiking and have a campfire to get that smell.

Me, DW and DD from this winter :)
16729446_10154206179825009_6277084692978877269_n.jpg
16708289_10154206180750009_6968562685089739499_n.jpg

22. Do you have a special talent?

Trying to make some of these answers funny? Otherwise, no. I could say being a good dad, but that's pretty subjective.

23. Who is your favorite actor?

Amy Adams, Anna Kendrick, Anne Hathaway are on my list. What list? Not saying. But my wife doesn't read this stuff, so....:rolleyes1

24. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas, but Halloween is a close second.

Soooo you may or may not have noticed that I just read your entire trip report :rotfl:I started off liking every single post because i'm feeling a bit ridiculous, but then figured if you were online it would be incredibly annoying for that same notification to keep popping up every 3 minutes :laughing:

September, 2016. Amidst the magic and pixie dust, at the height of an amazing mother-daughter trip, Walt Disney World was a star in it's own right. A beacon for the young and young at heart. Nothing in the world could change all of that.

The time is now, on an evening at home in bed in Wisconsin. Tonight's story on the Disboards is a tale of dreams and wishes, and calls for an introduction. This, as you may realize, is a trip report, starting it's operation, waiting for you. We invite you, if you please, to step aboard....as this TR travels directly to a world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy!!

Greatest intro ever

There’s an awesome place in my local mall that does “shellac” nails, or gel nail polish with UV light to set. I love acrylic tips, but they totally wreck my nails and start to hurt after a bit! Shellac is great because it keeps my nails strong and literally DOES NOT CHIP! I’m serious! You could probably scrape your fingers against brick and it wouldn’t budge (not that I would suggest that, however) :crazy2:

I cannot live without shellac!! Maybe that's an exaggeration, but my nails actually cannot live without shellac! It's the only way they'll ever grow :goodvibes

Cutieeeess I love your subtly matching outfits!!

We walk up to the doors, and almost on cue, we see Richard!!

So glad he's still there! Did you get a chance to speak to him before the end of your trip?

Oh baby! I felt just like Michelle Tanner from Full House (one of my favorite episodes, too ;))

I usually feel like Steve in the Grand Floridian

e5192480-ca76-0132-458d-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

Well, I haven’t told anyone on the DIS this, but I actually did apply back in February and didn’t get in :( I was devastated, and that week was one of the hardest weeks of my life. It was sad, because I didn’t even have a chance to apply again since I am now out of college.

That's such a shame :sad2: you would be a great cast member! Are there any other options? Just applying for a non-CP job?

After sheepishly telling the bellman my story, he looked shocked. He said, “I can’t believe you didn’t get in, they made a mistake! You have the perfect Disney, girl-next-door look! We would have been lucky to have you.”

Correct :goodvibes

We were placed in Big Pine Key, room 9308 (third floor, pool side).

Wooo I've stayed in Big Pine Key! We were in 9513 :goodvibes

I love these rooms so much :sad:

Now, you guys, I have a confession to make….

I like Beverly.

giveup.gif

One thing that you must know about me is that I am OBSESSED with the Disney resorts. Sometimes, I even geek out over them more than the parks!

SAME

Wow, what a beautiful resort! It was humongous though!

9huU-S.gif

When the hostess was leading us out of the crowd, a random middle-aged lady grabbed me by the arm and pulled me back. I shot her a look like, “What gives?!” She proceeded to snap, “Um, what time was your reservation for??” I answered and she said, “Well, ours was for 8:50, so we should be seated before you.” All of a sudden, her adult daughter comes up behind her and starts apologizing profusely, and our hostess whisked us away before we could even say anything back! Whew!

image_zpsjbfy0rkd.gif

HAHAH this gif. How embarrassing for her family :sad2:

Goofy’s Candy Company!!

Yessssss

We had never tried this before but after reading about it on the DIS (thanks guys :thumbsup2)

You're welcome :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Same as me, I just get milk chocolate drizzle! :goodvibes

at this point, we were absolutely delirious and slap-happy! We were sitting on the ground, eating our treats, and laughing at everything :rotfl2:

Haha, that is the best way to be, in every aspect of life :goodvibes

She starts throwing a fit in the line behind us, yelling at the top of her lungs; “THIS IS THE LONGEST LINE ON EARTH!!”

8 whole people, LOL.

94d2758525dd36488a32187aaf49cde8_youre-going-to-have-a-bad-youre-gonna-have-a-bad-time-meme_450-375.png

Cute photo, your trip to Vegas sounds so fun :goodvibes

Although I miss the catchy music of Celebrate a Dream Come True,

Me too, I still listen to it all the time :(

We scanned our bands, and the girl working the entrance gave Mom and I a dirty look, stating “Ma’am, you’ve already used your fastpass for this attraction. Please exit the line.” I got a bit frazzled, stating, “Well that was when the ride broke down, and a CM told me I could just come back through the FP line again once it got fixed.” She gave me a small snicker and said, “That’s not how it works, you should have gotten a paper fastpass.”

OH HECK NO! :furious:

tmp-name-2-18549-1488194344-2_dblbig.jpg

If you guys are wondering, it’s actually a children’s size XL :cool2: Children’s XL shirts fit me better than Adult smalls, because I have a really short torso and petite shoulders. I love this shirt and have already worn it so many times!

I've bought kids XL at Disney before too and I got some cr*p for pointing it out in my TR :confused3 :rotfl: Good to hear others sharing this tip too!

I ordered the Pot Roast Mac and Cheese, while Mom ordered the Barbeque Chicken Mac and Cheese, and we both got hot chocolate to drink. Comfort food was just what we needed to warm us up!

image_zpsv5erab7c.jpeg

That sounds AMAZING. I can't believe I've never tried the mac and cheese at this place :love: Do you recommend?!

I swear, I don’t know what I would do if they ever got rid of Wishes.

giphy.gif

Although, if the rumors are true, I would be stoked to see Paint the Night come to Magic Kingdom!

I'd love this too! We can hope! :hyper:

Well, we were woken up at about 8:00 AM on the dot. Not by our alarms, but by a child absolutely screaming her head off outside our room. :rolleyes2 I’m not talking your typical childhood tantrum; I’m talking that we thought someone was kidnapping her in the hallway! But, then it just kept going for about 10 full minutes! The parents were trying so hard to calm her down but she was not having it! We were THIS close to getting up and seeing if we could help

I would also get up and see if I could help... help them move down the corridor away from my room maybe :rotfl:

Bahahahahaha this made me lol. Although this one is still my favourite

leonardo-dicaprio-titanic-spinning-girl-pigtails-1368405422A.gif

I bought yet another Mystery Pin!

The first country that we decided to visit on our World Showcase tour was England.

WOOOO

You guys, in the 15-minute fastpass line for Frozen Ever After, we managed to finish the ENTIRE bag of popcorn

0mKXcg1.gif

When I looked again, I realized that one of my Mystery Pins was gone :sad::sad::sad:

C716D1FB-544E-47A1-8524-6453CC9C2EF6_zpslpacmejd.gif

97489b8c0b91a80bb72c27e04bdd028b.gif

I was devastated and practically kicking myself for not knowing better. I remember reading in @TheLittleKatie 's 2014 TR about her losing her Steamboat Willie pin because she had it on her backpack strap. I even made a mental note about it while reading too!! AHH!

YES I'm still so sad about this, made me paranoid about having them out at all now :sad2:

YOU GUYS. I GOT THE EXACT SAME PIN!

SO happy for you! This is such a cute story :cutie:

Even though our dinner ADR was in Canada, we bypassed it and went straight over to England! We both decided that this was our favorite country in WS this trip.

HAHA suck it @pkondz

OH MY LANTA! Cadbury Creme Eggs are one of my favorite candies

Oh my lanta indeed!! I didn't even know you guys got cadbury's out there? I have a friend in the USA who always ask for Cadburys care packages :lovestruc

Luckily, she recognized me right away and we greeted each other with a big hug :hug:

Sweet!

I’m not sure why, but both Mom and I are totally chatterboxes at Disney! We find ourselves striking random conversations with people at Disney World, and 99% of the time, they are just as talkative back! It’s that pixie dust getting to our heads, I guess :rotfl:

Being from Britain where everyone generally keeps their heads down and avoids eye contact... Jamie and I love people like you :laughing: We love friendly Americans who just want to chat to anyone and everyone :thumbsup2

MY SISTER IS ENGAGED, YOU GUYS!!!
:jumping1:

Remember how I mentioned that Haley and her boyfriend Ryan were going to WDW sometime this winter?? They went from December 28 to January 2, and on the first night of their trip, Ryan proposed!!

305FF43C-BEFB-4924-8B67-43A3F651CA0C_zps95layr0n.jpg

STOPPPP this is amazing!! Congratulations Haley :sad::sad::sad:

OH MY GOSH, EVEN THE GARBAGE CANS HAVE FLOWERS!”

2F0029F1-1040-42C7-9015-58AC85CD3EBC_zpst0u02she.png

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Fun fact: my mom saved a little boy’s life in the Polynesian’s pool! :eek: When we stayed there back in 2002, we were all hanging by the pool one afternoon. Mom and Dad were laying on their chairs and Haley and I were off somewhere in the resort, when my mom noticed a 2 year old boy in the pool. She thought that it was kind of weird for him to be in there without floaties, and she noticed him bobbing up and down in the water. After about 15 seconds of bobbing, he was not surfacing, so my mom dove into the water and carried him out! She actually performed CPR on him and gave him rescue breaths. Luckily, he sputtered out some water shortly after and his parents came running. Turns out, he had gotten separated from them and jumped into the water! I’m more wondering where the lifeguard was during all of this? :rolleyes1

It’s funny, because just a few months ago, my mom was taking a cooking class with her friends where an older man went into cardiac arrest, and she performed CPR on him too and ended up reviving him until the ambulance arrived! My mom, the superhero :goodvibes

NOT ALL HEROES WEAR CAPES :teeth: Your mom is amazing!

Side note, Emma Stone is my fave. Did anyone see La La Land?? AMAZING!!!

She's my number 1 girl crush :lovestruc loved La La Land!

E8F30743-ED38-4241-BC40-8C38747BA01E_zpsdykr4sqn.png

All of my Disfriends probably think I’m so tall, because I tower over my mother! But in reality, I am only 5’4”, and Mom is really short :rotfl:

Haha I fell for the illusion and thought you were really tall!! Turns out I'm taller than you! (5'5) :laughing:

I saw a whole shelf of old Disney VHS tapes. They were so tempting, but our VCR broke a long time ago and I would have no way of watching them. Unless….

Oh hey, $5 VCR at Goodwill! The VCR and 4 Disney VHS tapes cost only $7! And they’re older movies too that we don’t have at home :earboy2:

A19192B8-E106-496E-A91C-690ED511747C_zpsgpwbkkxj.jpg

Awesome! Someone bought me Song of the South on VHS as a gift recently, since it doesn't exist on dvd.. now I need a cheap VCR too!

I’M GOING BACK TO DISNEY WORLD, Y’ALL!!

I can't believe I'm reading this and this trip has been and gone already!! Hope you had a great time! :cheer2:

“Let’s take a girl’s weekend to say goodbye to Wishes.” Dead serious, she looked me in the eyes and said, “Let’s do it.”

5304FF91-DD2B-4DD4-BEB7-36647291CC1D_zpst6bmmizm.gif

The greatest of great plans.

These are absolutely insane I've never seen anything like it! How on earth do you get through them?! They're from Planet Hollywood Observatory ?

So close!

I texted this picture to Tom, and he answered, “Is that place seriously called Harambe?” :rotfl: This was in the aftermath of the shooting of Harambe, a gorilla at the Cincinnati Zoo, and people were still going crazy about it. I texted back, “Disney did it. #Illuminati” :lmao:

Oh God, Jamie had a moment too...

34435520466_f22dc33e98.jpg

Since I look young, this happens to me literally all the time, so I just politely corrected him. I handed him my ID and said “Oh it’s no big deal! I’m 22. Here’s my ID!” But then, he pushed back my hand holding the ID, gave a wry laugh, and said, “Yeah, sure you are.” Then he put the tray back on the counter and told me to go get my mom. :furious: Not wanting to argue any further, I went and got Mom to carry the tray, but both of us agreed that it was a super weird CM moment.

That is SO weird... Seriously, was he on a power trip or something?!

Hey friends....

JUST LANDED IN ORLANDO AND NOW ON DISNEY'S MAGICAL EXPRESS!!!

:banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thank you all so much for your nice words!! I will reply to comments when I return, and I'll be sure to give you all the deets on our girl's trip :goodvibes And if you see me wandering around the World, PLEASE say hi!!!

Let the memories begin!!

:smickey:

EEEEE hope you had so much fun!

While we were waiting, we saw a cute little family come up to a snack cart, looking pretty frazzled. The dad said to the vendor, “We leave tomorrow and we have 45 snack credits left to use up!” :eek: Like what?! They probably went home with a whole extra carry-on filled with candy and snacks :rotfl2:

LOL that was us this year too...!!

34331004726_71a1498fcd.jpg

So, I thought I’d do one of those tags over here!

Fun!

My middle name is Gwen! Gwen is my grandma’s name :cutie:

Molly Gwen Dolly

Eeek, this is tough! Disney-wise, I love Aladdin, Inside Out, Pocahontas, Hercules, and Toy Story. Otherwise, my top picks are Titanic, American Beauty, La La Land, The Wedding Singer, Romeo + Juliet (the Baz Luhrman version), She’s The Man, and Clueless.

I love that you love the wedding singer :thumbsup2 of course you do, Molly Dolly relates to Julia Gulia :rotfl:

OMG :lovestruc

The No Way Jose: “A peanut butter and hot fudge delight featuring chocolate and vanilla ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate morsels, whipped cream, and a cherry.” This guy was a monster!

I just asked someone else but a second opinion is always good, would you say it's really peanut-buttery? Because Jamie doesn't like peanut butter and I loooove it, I'm wondering whether to just get one of these to myself :laughing:

My boyfriend Tom just got a new job in my hometown, so he has moved in temporarily with my parents and I before he finds his own apartment :hyper:

Awww that's so nice that Tom is able to move closer to you!! Jamie and I did long distance for about a year and it was pretty rough but it makes you appreciate each other so much more when you move closer again :goodvibes

Loved reading this and hearing all of your real life updates ! Excited for more, and for your March trip! :hyper:

Hi, Molly! I clicked onto your report as I noticed that Katie commented, and I'm so glad I did!

I'm glad you and your Mom loved the Grand Floridian - I must admit that I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would during our 2015 trip (we stayed at the GF for two nights as it's my sister's FAVORITE resort!). I'd love to return someday!

It looks like you and your mom have such a great time together! I'm looking forward to the rest of this trip, and also looking forward to hearing about your recent girl's trip! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter