"Even the Garbage Cans Have Flowers!"-A September 2016 Mother-Daughter TR!- NEW TR LINK 9/13!

And our verdict? We really liked it! Although I will say, like I mentioned in my last TR, I always compare 7DMT to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. 7DMT is smoother, but BTMRR has more nostalgia for me. That being said, the graphics with the dwarves are awesome! Plus, we had a really fun group who all sang along when we got the the “Heigh-Ho” part :goodvibes

We love 7DMT! It is especially fun when you get a group that sings along at the "Heigh-Ho" part!

We looped over past Winnie the Pooh and ended up back by Mad Tea Party. The wait time was only 10 minutes! Riding Mad Tea Party before rather than after lunch proved to be an excellent plan :thumbsup2

image_zps2kyv8rgm.jpeg

I've never rode the tea cups. :sad2: I may try it with minimal spinning.
The theming of Mad Tea Party is so cute! Many times throughout the trip, I saw a teacup and saucer in the shape of this ride vehicle, and I was so tempted to buy one. But, I feel like I would have to buy multiple cups so that I could have
one in every color :ccat: “Painting the Roses Red” is one of my favorite Disney songs because of this ride! I have such a vivid memory of riding this on our last trip, that every time I hear that song, it instantly takes me back!

Yes I loved those cups! But we bought so many cups last time I was trying not to buy any.

This was a cool way to people-watch! Both my mom and I adore children, so it was fun to watch the kids run around and have a ball. But, it was also hilarious, because kids would get so upset when they’d have to leave the play area to ride Dumbo :rotfl: They would rather play on the playground instead of going on the actual ride! And then the parents would get frustrated with their kids and yell at them for being sad!

Haha. This would be really funny to watch. I've also seen kids whine about wanting to go back to the pool! I remember doing that as a kid too. I just wanted to swim! :rotfl2:

But not too long! We had a very special lunch ADR to get to!! :hyper:

I can't wait to hear about this!! I love BOG reports!

I adore Under the Sea and we generally ride multiple times each trip when we have the kids with us :) I know some people think it should be.......more, but I like that it's somewhat basic and along the lines of PP and Winnie the Pooh. I think the animatronics are great and like you I love the "Kiss the Girl" scene!

As for 7DMT I do like it but not nearly as much as BTMRR. The best part is the inside part and also the views of NFL. It's great in the dark! Also love that they kept the Old Hag from Snow White's Scary Adventures.

Looking forward to your BOG lunch. We love dinner there, did lunch once and DH has no interest in going back :(

Two nights before we left for WDW, we were doing some last minute shopping at Kohl’s when we ran into one of my mom’s patients. She is a 14 year old with Down Syndrome and is cute as a button :cutie: We told her about our upcoming trip, and I was asking her questions about Disney. She had mentioned that her favorite ride was Journey of the Little Mermaid. It seemed like a no-brainer to ride Journey of the Little Mermaid first, in honor of my mom’s adorable patient :goodvibes
Super sweet and kind of ya!

Aw! I think Ariel would have been my second guess :-) My mom and I love that ride too. It's definitely better since they fixed the lighting.

HaHa…That meme of Abby Lee! That's so funny, and definitely true of most moms at WDW at one time or another! I speak from experience :oops:

I have never gone on the teacups in all of my trips…isn't that odd? I have walked by many, many times but always on my way to somewhere else. I may have to stop and ride one of these days! I hear that song, "Painting The Roses Red" on Pandora all the time and never knew it was from that ride.

Be Our Guest for lunch is my favorite meal there. I like that you can sit wherever you want. I haven't sat in Belle's room with the music box yet…next time I go, that's where I'm sitting.

Great update!

Thanks!! Under the Sea was a perfect first ride of the day, even the theming in the line is so detailed and well-done!

Dance Moms is my guilty pleasure ::yes:: Although I don't watch it anymore, for the first 3 seasons I was totally hooked! And besides tap, I'm not a huge dancer either! When I saw all of the families fighting, that meme came into my head instantly :rotfl:

Don't worry, Mom and I had never ridden the teacups until our 2015 trip!! We always bypassed it because they have a teacup ride at the Six Flags near where I live. But, it's great because it usually always has a short wait and is a good way to get a quick ride in!

BOG is sooooo beautiful. I can't wait to write about it! :hyper:

A pink Dumbo is an excellent choice! That's a great shot of the Beast's castle, too.

Thank you! And after all, pink is the best color of course :cutie:

What a great morning!! I love that Under the Sea was your first ride...one of my faves!

Under the Sea is one of my faves too! When I was little, Ariel was my favorite princess, and I would often pretend to be her and make my mom be Ursula :rotfl:

We love 7DMT! It is especially fun when you get a group that sings along at the "Heigh-Ho" part!

I've never rode the tea cups. :sad2: I may try it with minimal spinning.

Yes I loved those cups! But we bought so many cups last time I was trying not to buy any.

We were lucky, both times we rode 7DMT we got a fun group like that! :) And you definitely should get on Mad Tea Party! If you don't spin the cup, it's actually very mild and not too fast. And I feel ya girl, I have shelves upon shelves of coffee mugs and somehow I still feel like I need more :coffee:

Haha. This would be really funny to watch. I've also seen kids whine about wanting to go back to the pool! I remember doing that as a kid too. I just wanted to swim! :rotfl2:

I can't wait to hear about this!! I love BOG reports!

Haha, I'm so guilty of that! I was a fish when I was a kid! We even had a pool in our backyard and I would literally swim for hours upon hours. My parents would be like "You can swim at home???" :rotfl2:

I can't wait to tell you about BOG! It was awesome :goodvibes

I adore Under the Sea and we generally ride multiple times each trip when we have the kids with us :) I know some people think it should be.......more, but I like that it's somewhat basic and along the lines of PP and Winnie the Pooh. I think the animatronics are great and like you I love the "Kiss the Girl" scene!

As for 7DMT I do like it but not nearly as much as BTMRR. The best part is the inside part and also the views of NFL. It's great in the dark! Also love that they kept the Old Hag from Snow White's Scary Adventures.

Looking forward to your BOG lunch. We love dinner there, did lunch once and DH has no interest in going back :(

We always try to ride Journey of the Little Mermaid multiple times too! Every time we ride it, we find something different :) I agree, the dark rides are something that is so unique to Disney World, so we always ride those types the most. You can ride a roller coaster anywhere!

Mom and I rode 7DMT for the first time in the dark! I wish we would have this trip because it makes the ride seem so much more thrilling. Ahhhh Snow White's Scary Adventures, I miss that ride :sad: I was petrified of if as a 6 year-old (even more so than Alien Encounter), but I grew to love it so much!!

Aww man, BOG is awesome! Maybe try to get DH to do breakfast there?? Then at least you'll have all 3 meals covered :thumbsup2

Super sweet and kind of ya!

Awwww, thanks :goodvibes

I have yet to ride the new Dumbo and check out the circus tent. I should do that this next trip!.

My husband and I love Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! We did the Early Morning Magic Hours back in May and go to ride it seven times in a row. :D It was the best morning ever!

Love the Mad Tea Party! My husband does not like spinny rides so he's not really a fan and we rarely go on. But I did buy one of those mugs you are talking about!! I decided on yellow on a whim, but always regret it so it's a good idea that you just didn't get one at all! lol

I have yet to ride the new Dumbo and check out the circus tent. I should do that this next trip!.

My husband and I love Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! We did the Early Morning Magic Hours back in May and go to ride it seven times in a row. :D It was the best morning ever!

Love the Mad Tea Party! My husband does not like spinny rides so he's not really a fan and we rarely go on. But I did buy one of those mugs you are talking about!! I decided on yellow on a whim, but always regret it so it's a good idea that you just didn't get one at all! lol

It's such a cute little area! The smell when you walk into the tent is unbelievable; it smells just like cotton candy and popcorn :love: Plus, Big Top Treats has a great variety of souvenirs and it's a good one-stop shop!

WOW! 7 times in a row?? I should really look into that :ssst: And the Mad Tea Party is a classic. It's funny, I was looking to buy the yellow mug too!!

Day 2: Part 3- “Tale as Old as Time, Song as Old as Rhyme!”

Bonjour, friends! :rose: Where I last left off, Mom and I were just about to check into our 12:25 lunch ADR at Be Our Guest! I couldn’t believe it when I had gotten this reservation. We had booked our trip on March 30, 2016, so we were almost a month into our ADR date. I wasn’t expecting to get any times for BOG, but when I looked it up on the Disney website, it gave me a long list of lunch times! I was flabbergasted; it was sheer dumb luck! Needless to say, I was super excited, because I never thought that we would be able to eat here. My mom’s favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast, so she was thrilled to eat in Belle’s castle.

We got off of Mad Tea Party at about 12:10, and since we didn’t have time to fit in another ride, we decided to just head on over to BOG and see if they could seat us early. Well, they could! :hyper: Mom and I had put our lunch order into My Disney Experience about a week prior, so we got to bypass the long line for the kiosks :woohoo: Of course, we had to sit in the ballroom.

image_zpsnqbtntkp.jpeg

image_zpstjrrujh0.jpeg

We found a seat with no problem, and within minutes, a server approached us and told us that our food was on it’s way! We had ordered a water and a fountain drink to share, so we filled up our cup with sweet tea and got all of our utensils, etc. When I was at the drink station, I overheard a lady say to her husband, “I can’t believe that they’re making us get our own silverware. I’ve had better service at a mall food court. At a nice restaurant like this, I expect to be waited on hand and foot.”

image_zpslgddyynm.gif

Seriously, people. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried :rotfl2:

As soon as we sat back down, our food arrived! Mom and I had each ordered a bowl of french onion soup, then the carved turkey sandwich with fries to share, and a dessert! I opted for the Master’s Cupcake, while Mom decided on the Eclair A L’Orange.

image_zpsqnvrv2dc.jpeg

Ummmm… yummy!! :banana: Everything was delicious! Mom and I are experts on french onion soup, and we weren’t sure what to expect with a QS soup. But, you guys, this was the best french onion soup we had ever had! The melted cheese on top was to die for, and the soup was nice and flavorful with the perfect amount of salt. We were so focused on our soup that we nearly forgot about the sandwich!

The carved turkey sandwich was yummy too; the bread was fresh and soft and there was plenty of turkey to go around. But, the real star of the meal was my mom’s dessert. Although I liked my cupcake, I mainly got it because I had to try the “grey stuff.” I nearly stole my mom’s eclair! The orange zest made it different from your traditional pastry and the filling also had some orange-vanilla flavor to it.

Overall, our lunch was absolutely wonderful! We decided right then and there to make BOG an every-trip meal (like Sci-Fi). *Note- later in the trip, we made this claim about one more restaurant. Which one do you think it was? :ssst: After we finished our meal, we walked around and peeked in the other rooms. Maybe we will eat in a different room next time, but we loved the atmosphere of the ballroom.

Before we left, we took a quick pit-stop at the bathroom. There, we found the most amazing Disney-bound of Belle! The girl had on a yellow dress, and had styled her hair perfectly with the half-up, half-down bun. She even wore gloves and beautiful gold shoes. I complimented her on her Disney-bound, and when we left the bathroom, my mom asked, "What's a Disney-bound?" When I told her, she decided to make it a game to see who could spot the most Disney-bounds of the trip. Because with my mom, everything is a competition :rotfl:. But, of course, I gave her some ground rules. 1. Kids in costumes don't count 2. It has to be obvious/intentional (example- A guy with a blue shirt and white shorts isn't automatically a Disney-bound of Donald Duck :laughing:).

With our bellies full, we made our way out of Be our Guest. But not before getting our picture in front of this beautiful stained-glass window! We texted this picture to my grandma and she responded, “3 beautiful ladies: Lori, Molly, and Belle” :goodvibes

image_zpsd8zbs7r5.jpeg

Then, we ventured out into the Florida sunshine! After such a rich meal, we needed to do an attraction that would rest our tummies. What better way to take a break than to watch Mickey’s Philharmagic?! This is a family favorite. I remember when it first opened and going to see it for the first time in 2005! The line was 20 minutes long; a show must have just let in when we got in line. We saw a bachelorette party in line while we waited, they were all wearing matching t-shirts and Mickey ears. It was adorable! I’ve always known that I wanted to honeymoon in Disney, but a bachelorette party there would be awesome as well!

image_zps88pta4l5.jpeg

Opera Glasses Selfie! :cool1:

Mom and I loved Philharmagic, as always. My favorite part has always been where you fly on a magic carpet with Aladdin and Jasmine :wizard: It’s so fun to see all of the newbies who don’t turn around when Donald flies into the back of the theatre! There were lots of first-timers in the audience today and it was funny to hear their belly laughs :laughing:

After the show, Mom and I took a look in Fantasy Faire. Mom saw a Mickey Mouse glasses holder that she almost bought, but then she decided to wait and look at Disney Springs first to see if they had more characters. I also found myself inside the Mickey ear section!

image_zpsje8os0qa.jpeg

image_zpsyrcjd3xg.jpeg

I loooooved the houndstooth pair with the black netting. But, I must have a large head, because every pair of Disney-made ears makes the back of my head hurt :rotfl2: I would have gotten this pair if they didn’t hurt my head/ears. My mom also tried on the Maleficent pair and loved it, but agreed that the headband was a little tight.

Once our mini fashion show had come to a close, we knew where we wanted to head next: Haunted Mansion! Haunted Mansion is my mom’s absolute favorite ride in Disney World, closely followed by Tower of Terror. It’s funny, because she’s not a huge horror buff like you’d think :rotfl: Haunted Mansion had a posted 20-minute wait, but it was actually more like 10. We were in and out of the stretching room in no time!

We always notice something different every time we go on Haunted Mansion. This time, during the ballroom scene, we noticed the two ghosts in the paintings that come alive and draw their guns at each other! Something with the CGI must have been off at the end, because we didn’t have an interactive hitchhiking ghost. No big deal!

Luckily, we didn’t become one of the 999 happy haunts and exited the ride safely! :hmghost: I had mentioned to my mom that there was a Haunted Mansion gift shop that we had never been to, and she wanted to check it out. So, we made a beeline for Memento Mori!

It is so cool in there! Mom was instantly enamored by the pictures where they turn you into a ghost! She wanted to get one done so bad but was really torn about it. She exclaimed that she would hang it up in her office and ask her co-workers, “Which Dr. Lori do you want to deal with today?” :lmao: But, apparently, you couldn’t get the photos shipped to your room, and we didn’t want to carry it around all day. So, we decided to either stop by there later that night or on our other Magic Kingdom day. We did, however, find another souvenir!

image_zpscluwy8ie.jpeg

Haunted Mansion playing cards! As soon as I saw these, I knew we had to have them. My family loves playing card games, especially Speed and Poker. I LOVE how the royals are the characters from the stretching room!! So creative :) We filled out a form to get them shipped to the GF, then moseyed outside towards Frontierland!

It was just nearing 3:00, so we snagged a spot to sit down underneath the Frontierland guillotine. What were we sitting down for? The Festival of Fantasy Parade of course! But pictures of that will come in the next update :thumbsup2

Coming Up Next: Day 2: Part 4- “My Oh My, What a Wonderful Day!”

Last edited:
Glad to hear your lunch was good! We had a not so good lunch there but I think it's what we ordered. The turkey sandwich looks much better than what we had.

I don't think it's your head, I think it's the ears. I only have 2 pairs from Disney and I find them too tight to wear for long so I prefer to wear ones from Etsy.

We just noticed the ghosts shooting at each other the last time we went too! And I love Memento Mori.

I love BOG, too! I had the turkey sandwich the only time I've been there, but am thinking about trying the quiche at our January adr.

Disney ears give me a headache and it's pointless for me to even buy them. I don't think my head is larger than normal, so maybe they just run small.

I'm surprised Memento Mori isn't located right at the exit of Haunted Mansion. Very cool store!

You and your mom are so cute!

Yay Be Our Guest! I'm fairly certain it's much better eating there than at a mall food court.... (some people are ridiculous!)

I'm glad you enjoyed everything, it's definitely one of if not my favorite QS places!

Sounds like such a great afternoon!! I think the minnie ears run kind of small because afetr a long day of wearing them they always hurt my head and ears!

I don't think I've ever been to the Haunted Mansion gift shop either. Where is it? I know the ride doesn't end in with a dump shop. Hum:confused3 I need to look for that in February.

Great update! I wasn't crazy about BOG lunch, but I think I ordered wrong :crazy2: That soup looks delicious!

Love the pic of you and your mom in the castle…you look a lot like her :-)

Glad to hear your lunch was good! We had a not so good lunch there but I think it's what we ordered. The turkey sandwich looks much better than what we had.

I don't think it's your head, I think it's the ears. I only have 2 pairs from Disney and I find them too tight to wear for long so I prefer to wear ones from Etsy.

We just noticed the ghosts shooting at each other the last time we went too! And I love Memento Mori.

The turkey sandwich was good, but the soup and cupcakes were what turned it from good to awesome! The lady next to us (the same one who said she's had better service at the mall) sent back her Croque Monsieur, so I wonder if those are not the best choice to order.

Glad to know I'm not alone with the ears thing! And Memento Mori was sooooo cool! I couldn't believe we hadn't noticed it before!!

I love BOG, too! I had the turkey sandwich the only time I've been there, but am thinking about trying the quiche at our January adr.

Disney ears give me a headache and it's pointless for me to even buy them. I don't think my head is larger than normal, so maybe they just run small.

I'm surprised Memento Mori isn't located right at the exit of Haunted Mansion. Very cool store!

You and your mom are so cute!

Ooo you'll have to tell me how it is if you order the Quiche! I totally feel you, I'd love to wear a pair of ears around the parks but I know that I'd get a headache 30 minutes in and take them off :(

I don't understand why it's so tucked back in Liberty Square! If you don't know it's there it's hard to find! And thank you :cutie:

Yay Be Our Guest! I'm fairly certain it's much better eating there than at a mall food court.... (some people are ridiculous!)

I'm glad you enjoyed everything, it's definitely one of if not my favorite QS places!

Sounds like such a great afternoon!! I think the minnie ears run kind of small because afetr a long day of wearing them they always hurt my head and ears!

I know right?! I was like, ummmm I'd rather eat in Belle's Castle than at Chick-Fil-A or Panda Express :rotfl:It was amazing, and we'll definitely try it again next trip! And as for the ears, maybe next time I'll buy ears through someone else besides Disney!

I don't think I've ever been to the Haunted Mansion gift shop either. Where is it? I know the ride doesn't end in with a dump shop. Hum:confused3 I need to look for that in February.

Memento Mori is located just a little bit outside of Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square! I can't remember exactly where, but it's a blue building and it has a sign with an eye on it, haha! I think it should just turn into a dump shop after Haunted Mansion, but that's just me :rotfl:

Great update! I wasn't crazy about BOG lunch, but I think I ordered wrong :crazy2: That soup looks delicious!

Love the pic of you and your mom in the castle…you look a lot like her :-)

If I may ask, what did you order?? I've heard inconsistent reviews of BOG and I wonder if certain dishes aren't to some people's liking! And thank you :) It's funny, people always would tell me that I looked like my dad, but more and more people are saying nowadays that I resemble my mom :goodvibes

Another big-headed Disney mouse ears fan here so I literally feel your pain! :headache:

Haha, big-headed Disney peeps unite!! :hug:

The turkey sandwich was good, but the soup and cupcakes were what turned it from good to awesome! The lady next to us (the same one who said she's had better service at the mall) sent back her Croque Monsieur, so I wonder if those are not the best choice to order.

We had the roast beef sandwiches and I definitely wouldn't get those again :crazy2: But we enjoyed the fries and dessert and our dinner there as well. We got the french onion soup with our dinner!

If I may ask, what did you order?? I've heard inconsistent reviews of BOG and I wonder if certain dishes aren't to some people's liking! And thank you :) It's funny, people always would tell me that I looked like my dad, but more and more people are saying nowadays that I resemble my mom :goodvibes

I ordered the Quinoa Salad, or something like that. That'll teach me to try to be healthy!!:rotfl:

You probably are a perfect mix of both parents :thumbsup2

One thing that you must know about me is that I LOVE cinnamon rolls! Cinnabon in the mall is my guilty pleasure
Me too! Regrettably there is no Cinnabon where I live, so whenever I travel I always check for one. I have the recipe for the Main Street Bakery ones and have made them at home sometimes, but it's not quite the same.

Overall, our lunch was absolutely wonderful! We decided right then and there to make BOG an every-trip meal
I have never been to BOG but I see so many great reviews, I really need to try it sometime.

We always notice something different every time we go on Haunted Mansion. This time, during the ballroom scene, we noticed the two ghosts in the paintings that come alive and draw their guns at each other!
I've never noticed that! I'll have to remember to look for it.

Haunted Mansion playing cards! As soon as I saw these, I knew we had to have them. My family loves playing card games, especially Speed and Poker. I LOVE how the royals are the characters from the stretching room!! So creative :)
Awesome! I would love these. I enjoy cards too (mostly crib) and I like to spend time with my girls playing cards, so these would make that time even more special. And in case you didn't know, it's not that easy to convince a 16 year old to stay at home and play cards with her dad :P It's nice when it happens.

We had the roast beef sandwiches and I definitely wouldn't get those again :crazy2: But we enjoyed the fries and dessert and our dinner there as well. We got the french onion soup with our dinner!

Good to know about the roast beef, my mom was thinking about ordering that instead of the turkey! I'm glad we ordered the turkey, the dijon mustard really spiced it up!

I ordered the Quinoa Salad, or something like that. That'll teach me to try to be healthy!!:rotfl:

You probably are a perfect mix of both parents :thumbsup2

Haha :rotfl2: Hmmm, I feel like Disney quinoa is a hit or miss, because my mom LOVED the quinoa salad at Sunshine Seasons!

Awesome! I would love these. I enjoy cards too (mostly crib) and I like to spend time with my girls playing cards, so these would make that time even more special. And in case you didn't know, it's not that easy to convince a 16 year old to stay at home and play cards with her dad :P It's nice when it happens.

My grandpa and I always play cribbage, and he beats me every. single. time. :rotfl: We can't wait to use our Haunted Mansion cards, I'm sure your girls would love them too :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter