Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came in to say that this sucks. I’ve stayed at Deluxe Resorts from time to time but this makes me actually less likely to again. Even less likely to stay on property at all. EMH does nothing for me. Just feels dirty.

I understand charging 60K for 20 minutes of an after hours party but it didn’t outright exclude anyone.

Kinda pissed.

Someone is going to get fired over this, there’s absolutely no way this is going to go over well financially.

They have the most rooms at the Value/Moderate level, there is little to no benefit to staying Value now, for the most part the food sucks at value. Parking has gone up to cool 15 a night now.

Im guessing AP will have to pay for parking when they come back to offset some of the losses on people not staying on site with not a whole lot to offer.

Think I’ll let these APs expire and pick up a universal pass for the fam for the next few years, Epic universe looks to be awesome.

Great perk keep them coming. Just wish they Said for how long it would run, it would be nice it if it is for the entire 50th
YES - I'm interested in finding that out too - we go in mid-November and then again in early March and it would be great to get this benefit for both trips!

Someone else said in another thread that they're ok with this as long as the park doesn't close early to give this "benefit" to the Deluxe folks and usually in the fall/winter months the park hours end earlier - but come spring they are extended so I do wonder if they'll close a park early to offer this...

we'll see!

I wonder, are all DVC resorts "Deluxe Villa Resorts"? And when staying at a Deluxe Villa Resort does it matter if it is through cash or points? We renting points to stay in a 2 bedroom villa at the Riviera this fall and the extra evening hours would be a nice perk.

The bottom line to all of this is that the market will dictate itself. This may push more people to deluxe. But it also has the risk of pushing more of the value guests off site all together, leaving the value resorts with lower occupancy. If that starts to happen, and I have a feeling it will, then Disney will adjust. If the value and moderate resorts stay full, then Disney will know they can continue to do this and market this way with no consequences. Only time will tell.

I guess, but we stay 9 days. We could pay for 3 after hours (which I'm sure will be offered) and still pay less than we would be paying if we stayed deluxe! And get free Mickey Bars! :D

You know?
This hits an important point I think. Disney wants every body to feel like they made a good choice. Absolutely can just take the money saved not staying deluxe to buy event tickets instead. And the people who stay deluxe will think what a great perk since event tickets for their family aren’t cheap.

Room discounts on deluxe too, maybe we’ll see less offered after this. This also helps them sell DVC.

Another thought, will this perk be fully utilized? I feel like Deluxe Guests are more inclined to enjoy the amenities of their resort and less likely to have a go,go,go type vacation. At least that how we do it when we visit. The value rooms are just there for us to sleep in, the deluxes are an experience all their own.

I don't know how many people a couple extra evening hours will convince to stay deluxe.

I hope we like Gran Destino a lot because then I doubt we would ever stay deluxe again. Those prices have gotten outrageous and nothing justifies it.

I feel like GDT definitely gets overlooked with this. I’d argue it should be Deluxe if we’re just being ranked by “who paid more to be here” (which I don’t like).

Last edited:
The bottom line to all of this is that the market will dictate itself. This may push more people to deluxe. But it also has the risk of pushing more of the value guests off site all together, leaving the value resorts with lower occupancy. If that starts to happen, and I have a feeling it will, then Disney will adjust. If the value and moderate resorts stay full, then Disney will know they can continue to do this and market this way with no consequences. Only time will tell.

Good point. I’ve been reading comments on social media with people saying just that. They are cancelling their value rooms and staying offsite. I don’t know if it’ll have a huge effect in the long run though.

So it basically gives resort guests 1-2 “free rides” before the crowds grow.
No, the EMH more like Early Magic Minutes in the morning available to all Disney hotel and good neighbor hotels. A whopping 30 minutes. In the Evening at select theme parks there will be a second EMH, which sounds like it will be over an hour for Deluxe guests. While we own DVC, I do not like this one bit. Give it to all WDW resort hotel guests, not the good neighbor ones. Give everyone the bonus for staying at your resort.

Another thought, will this perk be fully utilized? I feel like Deluxe Guests are more inclined to enjoy the amenities of their resort and less likely to have a go,go,go type vacation. At least that how we do it when we visit. The value rooms are just there for us to sleep in, the deluxes are an experience all their own.
Yeah generally that’s likely true and makes this more attractive for Deluxe as well. Many of those folks like DVC don’t want to deal with ropedrop.

Disney has always been about making money, but part of the reason the parks appeal to so many people is that the Disney dream seemed for everyone. That's part of their charm. This egalitarian, very American idea that any family is entitled to the same kind of magic once inside that gate.

This feels like an undermining of that ideal. I understand we've been sliding down this ramp for a while now, and are likely to continue to, but I hate to think that families staying at All-Star Movies or Coronado Springs (our first two stays) won't get to experience the very real magic that is late EMH. Some of my best memories are of those nights.

Is it the end of the world? No. But it does denote a change, and it is absolutely a subtraction in terms of what they offered before.

If it's really based on rewarding those who pay more -- you should be ready for some push back from GDT guests, and Art

I feel like GDT definitely gets overlooked with this. I’d argue it should be Deluxe if we’re just being ranked by “who paid more to be here” (which I don’t like).

GDT has a CL. Are those people really not going to get the EMH perk? If not I’d be pissed even if it wasn’t something I’d necessarily use. You’re paying a premium for those rooms. And I feel the same about the AoA suites.

I want to see how this plays out as well, I think they will have to back track half way through 2022
Good point. I’ve been reading comments on social media with people saying just that. They are cancelling their value rooms and staying offsite. I don’t know if it’ll have a huge effect in the long run though.
I think it will and they will be forced to adjust. I’m here to tell you values are fine with all the perks that were available before, but there’s bigger rooms, free parking, free Mickey waffles for sometimes 50% less within 15 minutes from the parks, and in my experience the Disney bus system became really inconsistent ever since the skyliner opened, idk why just felt that way.

GDT has a CL. Are those people really not going to get the EMH perk? If not I’d be pissed even if it wasn’t something I’d necessarily use. You’re paying a premium for those rooms. And I feel the same about the AoA suites.

100% agree. We’re staying in GDT in Dec and paying more for that room than we’ve paid to stay in studios at Deluxe resorts. Someone noted earlier their AoA suite was $600/night - well on par with Deluxe costs. Definitely feeling left out of this perk 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter