Event Manager Position

MouseInTX

Earning My Ears
I found this relevant and an interesting position for the group to discuss. Managing the registration process, information tent, and expense reports. I know we've experienced the pains of registration, this position being open a couple of weeks before the day is peculiar.

Sports Event Manager

CAREER AREAS v

PROGRAMS v

Apply Now

Apply Later

Job ID: 10083638

Business: Walt Disney World Resort

Date posted: Mar. 20, 2024

Job Summary:

About the Role & Team:

"We create happiness." That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you'll help encourage that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits and build the never-before-seen! Are you ready to join this team and make an impact?"

The Sports Event Manager role is part of the Sports division, with a focus on runDisney race weekends. This Manager will plan and partner with Business Development, Event Management and Operations to implement the staffing plans, specific to runDisney. This person will work closely with various internal lines of businesses and external vendors to ensure a seamless guest experience.

The selected candidate will report to the Manager - Sports Events.

This is a Full-Time

If you enjoy working events go for it but if you have not done that type of work before be prepared to work a lot it’s not an 8 hr 5 day week type job - I’ve been in events fir 30 yrs they can be fun but crazy busy !!!
Added bonus being a Disney fan is your working for Disney!!!

That position has been open off and on for the last year at least. As much as I love Disney and love the events part of my job, NO WAY would I step into the *poop* show that is runDisney! Clearly they have no interest in making significant changes or improving their company-wide IT, or they'd have invested in it by now. As it stands, events and merch are selling out in hours or even minutes, so there is zero motivation to change anything.

My background has been in college athletics for my entire professional life. Normal hours seem awkward to me.. haha. Hoping for the best! Would be a dream come true 🙏
As someone who worked in college athletics for a long time and is still well connected to it, I can attest that you are certainly well prepared to work any hours at another job. Good luck if you do apply!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter