• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever been solo at WDW on Mother's Day?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Has anyone, especially you mothers, ever taken a solo trip to WDW over Mother's Day, sort of a Mother's Day gift-alone time? Next year DH can't get off to go to WDW in May. But I'd really miss not seeing the Flower and Garden Festival, which is in May. I'd love to go solo and he's all for it, but the best time for me is over Mother's Day Weekend. I feel kind of funny leaving my family on Mother's Day weekend. Do I ask for this opportunity to go and "celebrate" with a little alone time, or do I stay home and let my family "Mother's Day" me? I guess I just feel kind of guilty/funny about this and want reassurance it's OK, it would especially help me feel better if someone else has done this.

Well, it seems I'm going to find out my own answer. Just made ressies this morning at BCV for 5/7-5/11. DH pointed out to me that he went away for a golf tournament over Father's Day weekend, so even if others think it's strange, the idea works in this house! Looking forward to spending the entire time between Epcot F&G and SAB with a good book.

Hey Simba's Mom - The only reason I did not answer is because I was hoping someone else would, since I am not anyone's mother and I thought you might be seeking insight on that in particular.

But as for a grown woman being solo at WDW on Mother's Day - No problem! I have happily done that many times. I've even done character dining solo on Valentine's Day and my Anniversary, with wonderful results and attention. :teeth:

If anyone says anything to you about being alone, you can always reply cheerfully that as a Mother's Day "gift" your family is treating you to a magical vacation of time to yourself at WDW. Believe me, they can only be envious. ;)

I've been there solo on Mothers Day too, but I am not a mother so I really didn't find it any different than any other solo day.

Deb

I can totally understand your dilemma -- leave the family or not on MD -- but honey, if I EVER get a chance to go solo, I will be there in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm trying to wrangle a spur of the moment trip out of my DH right now. But we have a disabled 17 yr old who is not doing well right now, and so he's been sitting on the fence. Frankly, I NEED some time away right now but feel some guilt twinges about wanting a break. DH works hard too so he could use some time away too, but we have no one to watch our son. I'm not trying to turn this into a pity party, just wanted to encourage you to have a wonderful trip on your own! Especially since your hubby is supportive.

Blessings, Janet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter