Everest and Space Mountain: I’m terrified!

I find if I have to wait in line a length of time, it allows me to get nervous. If I have a fast pass and I don't have time to stress about the ride, I'm okay.

My whole thing I hate is a slow chug up a hill. Arg! With EE, you climb a bit then drop, climb a bit and then drop. And being in the mountain helps too.

SM is very jerky so that might be a no-go for some folks. EE was a great ride!

Space Mountain and Everest are two different animals, and it really depends on what your issues are:

• Space Mountain is indoors and in the dark. You have no idea how high up you are. It's a wild mouse in the dark. If not being able to see bothers you, then this would bother you.
  • Everest is high up and outside, but at least you are "on a mountain". It's not like a Six Flags coaster or anything. But during the intial lift, you can look over and see Epcot. So that can freak people out too. But once you starting going down, all you see is mountain.
I've had height issues and have grown to like both rides.

My whole thing I hate is a slow chug up a hill. Arg! With EE, you climb a bit then drop, climb a bit and then drop. And being in the mountain helps too.

SM is very jerky so that might be a no-go for some folks. EE was a great ride!

Agreed, its deff more jerky. Going up the hill with EE isn't very scary because your not dropping when you get to the top like a normal coaster

My son loves good coasters but had motion sickness issues with Everest with going backwards and going in/out of the light/dark. Same thing to a much lesser extent goes for SM because of the dark and its not a smooth ride however there are no issues with banging your head so it being smooth isnt a big issue.

I am trying to get him to be mentally ok with doing Everest again when we go in 2020. This is mainly as prep for the new HP coaster, which will also have a section that goes backwards, but I dont think it will happen or will be a good idea overall.

SM is jerky and because it’s in the dark you can’t anticipate which way to lean or how to brace yourself, but it is not intense. EE is one of my absolute favorites at WDW! So much fun, and for as fast as it is, it is very smooth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter