Everybody Wants to be a WISH Cat (or dog, or goose, etc...) - October 2016 WISH Challenge

October 25 - Question of the Day

Heading back into the jungle and taking a break from Paris today...

tumblr_o4q02a1Kmm1v8lhkeo6_400.gif
tumblr_o4q02a1Kmm1v8lhkeo3_400.gif

tumblr_o4q02a1Kmm1v8lhkeo7_400.gif
tumblr_o4q02a1Kmm1v8lhkeo4_400.gif

tumblr_o4q02a1Kmm1v8lhkeo1_400.gif
tumblr_o4q02a1Kmm1v8lhkeo5_400.gif

tumblr_o4q02a1Kmm1v8lhkeo8_400.gif
tumblr_o4q02a1Kmm1v8lhkeo2_400.gif

What are the bare necessities of your diet? What foods are your go to staples/safe foods?

Do you keep things on hand at all times or repeat meals over and over that you know you like and are good choices?

Or are you always mixing it up?

Last edited:
@courtneybeth I'm soooo happy for you! Great job!!!!!

My staples are eggs, almonds, cliff bars (for those grab and go mornings), high protein cereal, apples, turkey breast meat. One of the meals I do almost weekely is taco salad. I use ground turkey and lots of veggies and go easy on the cheese. Salasa is the dressing. If I have calories to use I'll sprinkle some broken tortilla chips on it. The kids both love this meal and its super easy and quick to make which fits into our schedule! I've been trying to mix it up a bit more now that I'm doing a monthly meal calendar. Ive found a few new recipes we like. But this is an area I struggle with for sure!

Heading back into the jungle today and taking a break from Paris today...

What are the bare necessities of your diet? What foods are your go to staples/safe foods?

Do you keep things on hand at all times or repeat meals over and over that you know you like and are good choices?

Chicken is a staple. Kind of sick of it right now. My husband makes it on the grill and we have rice and broccoli with it. He thinks I should take the left overs to work but it is horrible after you reheat it. During the week we don't have much time to cook so we tend to cook basic foods. On Sundays I cook bigger meals and usually try something new. The worst habit we have is we have been eating Chipolte once a week. It could be worse but it is still not great.

I am in the camp of repeating something that I found that works and that I like over and over again. So, I do have some staples:
  • boiled potatoes with quark (a German low fat fresh cheese, similar to cottage cheese) and some kind of veggie (most likely as a salad, carrot salad, cucumber salad, tomato salad etc.)
  • mixed veggies tossed in olive oil and then roasted in the oven (may usual are a selection of eggplant, zucchini, carrots, sweet potatoes, potatoes, bell peppers, carrots, squash)
  • whole wheat pasta with a sauce made from low fat bacon, cut up and fried in a little oil, tomato pulp and chipotle peppers
  • grilled chicken breast with couscous and salad
When my BF is here, he is big on eating a lot of different things and that has caused me to branch out more and try out new recipes. Some of them have become new staples now!

Now you're the speedster:car: Way to go!!
@courtneybeth I'm soooo happy for you! Great job!!!!!

Thank you ladies! I'm slowly but surely getting stronger and faster - though the knee is telling me that I'm pushing myself a bit too much :P

I'm a meal repeater and go with what I know. It works and has allowed me to sustain the weight I'm at for the last few months :)

Heading back into the jungle today and taking a break from Paris today...

Ooohh.... great question! I love to hear what others consider "staples" of their healthy lifestyle!

Go-to/always-on-hand/can't-be-without foods for me: plain fat-free greek yogurt and frozen berries, egg whites, low carb flat bread/lavash, 30 calorie unsweetened almond milk, fruit (apples, watermelon, grapes, bananas, melon primarily), fresh veggies (broccoli, greens, beans, cauliflower squash [winter and summer], onions,peppers, carrots, celery), Laughing Cow cheese wedges, WW cheese sticks, Babybel light cheeses, PB2, popcorn (and brown paper bags to make it in),veggie burgers, hummus, green tea, coffee, oatmeal, beans (white, black, kidney, etc), quinoa.

Meals that are on constant repeat: Egg white omelets and scrambles, yogurt and berries, vegetable based soups {more in the fall/winter, but also year round} (broccoli cheddar, butternut squash, roasted cauliflower garlic, curried carrot, chicken vegetable, kale and mushroom), PB2 and banana on low carb flatbread, stir-fries/sautees (lots and lots of these!), mixed veggie roasts with assorted proteins (depends on what's on hand and what's been on sale), veggie burgers (served on the low carb flat bread), grilled veggie hummus wraps, and rotisserie chicken with "veggie of the day", and a few different healthy low carb crockpot recipes that I love and count on!

I do try to throw in a new recipe at least a few times a month, but when I am busy I don't worry too much about that. Tomorrow night will be a new ham and white bean soup recipe though! Looking forward to that!

Gotta dash to work! TTYL..............P

Heading back into the jungle and taking a break from Paris today...

I like to mix things up but it gets me in trouble. I tend to over eat when I have things that are out of the ordinary.

I eat the same thing everyday for breakfast, a Kashi bar and milk. I love that it is easy and I know what my calories etc are going to be. My other staple is chicken I try to eat it as much as I can since it is high in protein.

I know it is early this morning but I am going to get out my woohoo now. I have been waiting since Monday. I know I have talked bout my hometown Cleveland Indians (Major League Baseball) making it to the World Series (baseballs championship games). I wasn't able to get tickets to the games because they were $100 for standing room only but I got tickets to the watch party at the Friday night. Tickets were only $5 and I will get parking for free with my monthly parking pass for work. We will get to be in the park and watch the game on the big screen (Score Board). The kids are so excited. We also won game 1 out of 7 last night. We only need to win 3 more. Last night was a great night in the city. We had game 1 of the World Series and the Cavs (Basketball Champions) had there home opener. It was crazy down here since the ballpark and the arena are right next to each other. At the Cavs game the received there championship rings and raised a banner so it was a big night for them too.

I do a combination. I like to mix things up to keep me from being bored but I also have staple meals that I'll cook pretty regularly and that I know are low cal. Ground turkey is the meat I cook with 60% of the time, the other meat being chicken. I made meat sauce this week with ground beef and I think that's the first time I've cooked with ground beef in probably 3 years, if not longer. I like the flavor, I just feel like turkey is healthier! But my go-to staples lately have been pancakes, turkey meatballs and 45 calorie bread, turkey burgers, turkey chili. I made chicken pad thai last week and it was easy and delicious! And low cal so that'll probably become another staple. I also usually keep instant oatmeal packets on hand, apples, bananas. I get myself into trouble with snacking so I keep my options limited and try to only snack when I'm at work with the choices that I bring.

October 26 - Woohoo Wednesday!

tumblr_o2t53txM0R1sj5h4oo1_500.gif

What this week has or will be putting a smile on your face as big as the smile
that doughnuts put on Clawhauser'
s face?!

October 26 - Woohoo Wednesday!

tumblr_o2t53txM0R1sj5h4oo1_500.gif

s face?!

My "sister" Laura is having her baby today - she goes in for her C-section in about an hour. Kid is measuring at about 10.5 pounds and she's 3 days past her due date. Doctor said she had to go for the c-section because poor Laura's belly is walking into a room about 5 feet before she is :P

I am so excited to meet my "niece" - it's so great when you have friends who are like family and get to experience their joy with them. :D

My woo hoo is that today is my birthday! The last one in my thirties and I plan to make it a good year. I just had a fabulous pedicure thanks to a gift certificate from a friend and I feel wonderful!

We won't discuss what I'm eating today.

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! :D

Sorry I have been a bit MIA this week - busy time at work, kids etc.

We eat a lot of chicken, I go through phases of having things on hand or having nothing in the cupboard/fridge! We can be a bit repetitive in our meals at times - I do like to experiment and now that the kids are older they are a little more open to new things as well.

s face?!

* I had a good work day today - felt productive - I like those days.
* I was at the shops tonight to drop off DS to an unexpected shift and buy some makeup for me/DD (ready for her dance concert in a couple of weeks), we had dinner at the shops and I ran into one of my good friends so she joined us for dinner - so that was a good random catchup :-). I went with Thai Fried Rice with Chicken - which I hope was a better choice than the Hungry Jacks the kids had.

It has been a little hard to feel woohoo over here this week - you may have seen the news about the theme park accident on the Gold Coast at 'Dreamworld' where 4 people died on a river raft ride - a little similar to Grizzly River Rapid Run. The injuries 2 of these people would have received would have been horrific and to make it worse 2 children survived but saw their mothers killed. This park is about 2 and half hours from where I live now - but growing up I lived closer and spent a lot of time at this park - its not my go to park if we go the Gold Coast anymore but my DS12 went there with friends last year and went on the ride - its just one of those things when you know that on a different day it could easily have been your own family in that situation. Apparently the ride had been down earlier in the day was checked and reopened - its a very sad reminder that as much as we can get annoyed when rides go down in the parks that downtime for thorough refurbs or closures for a safety check are just so important and we need to be more accepting of those things and realise it is for our own safety.

My "sister" Laura is having her baby today - she goes in for her C-section in about an hour. Kid is measuring at about 10.5 pounds and she's 3 days past her due date. Doctor said she had to go for the c-section because poor Laura's belly is walking into a room about 5 feet before she is :P

I am so excited to meet my "niece" - it's so great when you have friends who are like family and get to experience their joy with them. :D

Aaawww there is nothing like a newborn cuddle - sounds like you are going to be a great 'auntie'.

My woo hoo is that today is my birthday! The last one in my thirties and I plan to make it a good year. I just had a fabulous pedicure thanks to a gift certificate from a friend and I feel wonderful!

We won't discuss what I'm eating today.

Its a little late but

I apologize for being MIA myself yesterday-- work's been crazy. One of our guys got bitten by a spider and has been out all week. Poor guy! And being such a small business we all have to pick up the slack when just one person is missing. I feel bad for them when BOTH DH and I go out of town, so I gladly do the extra. But I've had no time for breaks like usual!

Anyway, I wasn't feeling very woohoo-ey yesterday.... I was soooo close to my goal and now I'm more than I weighed at the beginning of the month. I mean, I did have kettle corn (and a fair bit of it) on Saturday, but that was the only off day. I had no idea it would screw things up this bad. That or the scale needs to quit playing games.....

So I'm digging deep for a woohoo here and I am woohooing the fact that I am doing my single digit dance on my count down to Italy! We aren't going to talk about those calories LOL

:bday: @kirstie101 !!!!

That's so exciting!!! Congratulations on being a new "aunty!"

you may have seen the news about the theme park accident on the Gold Coast at 'Dreamworld' where 4 people died on a river raft ride - a little similar to Grizzly River Rapid Run. The injuries 2 of these people would have received would have been horrific and to make it worse 2 children survived but saw their mothers killed. This park is about 2 and half hours from where I live now - but growing up I lived closer and spent a lot of time at this park - its not my go to park if we go the Gold Coast anymore but my DS12 went there with friends last year and went on the ride - its just one of those things when you know that on a different day it could easily have been your own family in that situation. Apparently the ride had been down earlier in the day was checked and reopened - its a very sad reminder that as much as we can get annoyed when rides go down in the parks that downtime for thorough refurbs or closures for a safety check are just so important and we need to be more accepting of those things and realise it is for our own safety.

Oh no! That's awful! I had not heard, but my goodness, you're right-- it does put in into perspective that checking rides that go down for safety is definitely important!

My woohoo from yesterday is that I've worked out 3 days this week. I'm hoping to work out today to get my 4th day and meet my goal. Tomorrow is a food day at work and happy hour birthday celebration so we'll see how well I do!

On another note, today is my first court date. It's just a document review to make sure all my documentation is in order. My county supposedly makes it really hard to get a divorce pro se so I'm panicking a little. I know that there were a couple documents that I filed that were supposed to be signed by both of us but only I signed. And then my ex was supposed to file a pro se education court certificate and I have no idea if he did that. I'm feeling a little like our case is going to get dismissed and we're going to have to start all over again. :( Which would include filing again, paying the filing fee (about $150), and waiting another 2 months. With my last name currently ending in W I'm sure we're one of the last cases to be seen today. So hopefully the judge is not crabby.

Well today is not going as planned. we got up to get ready for the day and my son started complaining that his stomach really hurt. we kept him home from because he is one that never complains about not feeling good. I am staying home this morning and my husband will be home by noon to work the rest of the day from home and I will go into work. he seems to doing a little bit better but his still hurts a little. Hopefully he is not getting sick. He is the most excited about the watch party tomorrow for the indians.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter