• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everyone asking about Teva's, try these Nikes...

Tell me where I can find these in MN - we don't have Sports Authority or Dick's

BC:

About the "textured" footbed on the Nikes -- I recently bought a pair of Easy Spirit tennies that have "bumps" all in the footbed. I wasn't sure I'd like them, but they're really comfy! And I feel the same way about my Nikes.

My dh, on the other hand, *hates* textured footbeds, so we ended up buying him leather Tevas instead of the waterproof ones. My best suggestion is to walk around in them for a bit and see what you think! :)

I bought a pair of the Nike straprunner II before our trip 3 weeks ago. They were great --- I got blisters from my tennies but the sandals were very comfortable. I have a high arch and Teva's were really uncomfortable for me. I got mine at Sportsmart in Minnesota -- $29.99.

I got mine at Famous Footwear. I know this store is in different parts of the country because we went to one in Williamsburg VA last year. They were on sale for $24.99.

The Sunday Morning ads had one for Dick's and the Straprunners were on sell for $34.95. Went back and tried them on again. Decided to take a chance on getting used to the "textured" footbed. Hope they're as great as everyone says!!

Sportmart has them in Minnesota. Also, Mervyn's had mens Straprunners in their ad yesterday, so they might have womens too. I have also seen them on occasion at Kohl's and a few other shoe stores as well.

Erika

after reading the original post on these shoes I went out looking for them last night found them at Famous Footwear for $24.99 for men and womens wore them last night boy are they nice thanks

RLM, thanks for your link! I am on my way out to the store to try them!:)

hi

I have big, wide, flat feet which means that unless i have about two inches of sole, my feet feel as if they are on FIRE!

I got the NIKE sandals about a month ago at mervyn's on sale for 34.99 and have worn them just about everyday since.

I LOVE THESE SHOES!!!!!

I just bought my DH some straprunners this weekend and he loves them! He has tried every kind of sandal and these are the only kind that fit him well and provide enough cusion. Also, they dont have straps on the side that rub his pinky toe. I tried a pair and they were soooo cushy.. although it felt like an octopus was stuck to the bottom of my feet..haha. They didnt have my size, so I had to settle for another version of Nikes (not sure what kind... they have a layer of black waffle cushoning).. they are great too! They have ACG on the bottom and across the strap.. what does that stand for?
I like it that they are so wide and support my feet all around.

We bought my son some OP sandals a couple of weeks ago and he says they are very comfortable... and we have also tried the Timberlands (the ones with the rubber cushion in the bottom, not the hard plastic).. didnt have our sizes.. but the salesman said he wore them to WDW in April and didnt have a blister the whole time.

I have tried Tevias... I dont know what the fuss is about.. felt like I was walking on cheap plastic walmart sandals! The were also very hard to adjust and didnt have enough padding on the straps.

Sheila

ditto to what shiela said. I just picked up pairs for me and DH at famous footware for $24.99 each!!!!!!

I also agree with sheila. I thought it was just me that thought tevas felt plastic. I also thought the straps were scratchy. I did try on a pair of eccos instead that were quite comfy but balked at paying $120. I think now I will try the Nikes. Thanks all for the tip.

I just ordered my Straprunners on the internet. The closest store to me that sells them is 100 miles away. I paid 39.99 for them. I probably could have gotten them cheaper in the "CITY" but with gas prices in my town being $1.94, I figure any savings would be eated up by gas. Also, I had a gift certificate for Lady Footlocker which covered my taxes and shipping.

Can't wait to try them!

Bought a pair of Straprunners fro DS-14 last Friday at JCPenney. They were 21.99 on clearance sale, plus I had a $10 coupon. He normally won't wear sandals because he says all of the straps bother his feet. Just getting him to try these was a battle. He has had them on all weekend and says they feel great!

Just bought some at the Famous shoe store at the Hanover mall, in Hanover, MA- $24. Davehaj

DH and I each bought a pair last night. He actually didn't want any (he's a sneakers man), but I talked him into it. We were both wearing them around the house and I have to say that they were very comfy!!! Even DH thought so. :) We paid the full $39.99 for them, but oh well........

Jenn
All Star Sports 6/99 (honeymoon)
All Star Sports 7/01

Strapped on my Straprunners and LOVED them! After reading all these posts I went out and also bought them at Famous Footwear for $24.99. Great advice!

Does anyone know if they come in kid sizes????

:bounce: :pinkbounc

from JC Penney. They do indeed have the Straprunner II's on clearance for $21.99. Bought a pair for my DS (11) and he couldn't wait to rip off his tennis shoes and put them on. Said they were extremely comfortable. Thanks for the great money saving tip!!! By the way, I only saw the men's at this price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter