Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just purchased Memory Maker on a trip to Magic Kingdom with a party of 16 family members. Some of them were there for the first time. As we were entering the park, we did our big group photos at one of the PP photographers. Then we split up into smaller groups for the day. The pictures of our big group turned out terribly. The photos were extremely hazy as the photographer either had fog or fingerprints on the lens. Needless to say, I am very frustrated and disappointed.

Do I have to tap for the ride photos to show up in my memory maker? Reading the first post it sounds like I shouldn't have to, but my space mountain photos didn't show up but 7 dwarves did. Is there anything special i need to do?

Do I have to tap for the ride photos to show up in my memory maker? Reading the first post it sounds like I shouldn't have to, but my space mountain photos didn't show up but 7 dwarves did. Is there anything special i need to do?
As long as you are wearing a MagicBand*, you shouldn't need to manually link ride photos. If the Space Mountain photo didn't link automatically, the long range reader wasn't working properly at that time.

MagicBands have a transmitter that is battery powered. Once that battery dies, ride photos will no longer automatically link. There's really no way to know ahead of time if that battery has died. The battery powered transmitter has no effect on the functions which require you to touch the MB to a reader.

As long as you are wearing a MagicBand*, you shouldn't need to manually link ride photos. If the Space Mountain photo didn't link automatically, the long range reader wasn't working properly at that time.

MagicBands have a transmitter that is battery powered. Once that battery dies, ride photos will no longer automatically link. There's really no way to know ahead of time if that battery has died. The battery powered transmitter has no effect on the functions which require you to touch the MB to a reader.

This has happened to me more than once. On some occasions I was using an old MB with probably dead long-range battery but on others I was wearing a new MB that got turned around inside a sweatshirt so the signal from Mickey was probably aimed toward me rather than out toward the sensors.

In any case, if the photos don't show up within 24 hours, use the "missing photos" link on the PhotoPass website to send notice to the PhotoPass staff. They're wonderful at finding photos!!

Thanks for such a great thread. I have a question about the special price for the military - that's for the Memory Maker, correct? I know that since you can only buy it on-site, there is no waiting period. My question is, if I don't buy it the first day, but decide later on that I do want it after seeing some of the pictures that are taken, can I add it and get all the pictures from the previous days? We're hit and miss about having photos taken, so I hate to spend the money on it if we only take a few. But if we get some good ones, I would like to add it.

Thanks!

Thanks for such a great thread. I have a question about the special price for the military - that's for the Memory Maker, correct? I know that since you can only buy it on-site, there is no waiting period. My question is, if I don't buy it the first day, but decide later on that I do want it after seeing some of the pictures that are taken, can I add it and get all the pictures from the previous days? We're hit and miss about having photos taken, so I hate to spend the money on it if we only take a few. But if we get some good ones, I would like to add it.

Thanks!
From Post #1:
MILITARY SPECIAL: military members and retirees can purchase Memory Maker for $84, through Dec. 19, 2017. This is all photos unlimited downloads. Purchase in person only at WDW and bring your military credentials to any guest relations located at every theme park and disney springs. you do not need to purchase before taking photos so do it at your leisure but must be purchased in person so take advantage of this before you head home.

Ugh, the photos that I wanted from AK said that they expired today, so I went in to download them and they're all there from June 10 except the 2 that I really wanted are just gone. Of course they're closed now so I can't call. Has anyone ever been able to get expired photos back? I'm so bummed.

From Post #1:
MILITARY SPECIAL: military members and retirees can purchase Memory Maker for $84, through Dec. 19, 2017. This is all photos unlimited downloads. Purchase in person only at WDW and bring your military credentials to any guest relations located at every theme park and disney springs. you do not need to purchase before taking photos so do it at your leisure but must be purchased in person so take advantage of this before you head home.

Thanks! I missed that in the first post.

I have never used Memory Maker before. I purchased it for our trip next week. I only intend to use it for myself and my 4 family members all traveling with me under my MDE account. Do I need to link my Magic Bands to the purchased memory maker? I bought it 2 days ago and it doesn't show up in my MDE account. I'm not sure if I need to wait another day past the 3 days? I only have the 5 magic bands disney sent me which are linked to my tickets which are in my MDE. I just don't know how to know if I am all set or not.

Ok now I see it at the bottom of my MDE reservations. But do I need to "link" anyone else in my group who is already in my MDE? Will their MB's work without mine being scanned? i.e. if 2 of my kids go on ToT will the ride pictures show up if I don't go on the ride?

1. Do I need to link my Magic Bands to the purchased memory maker?

2. But do I need to "link" anyone else in my group who is already in my MDE?

3. Will their MB's work without mine being scanned? i.e. if 2 of my kids go on ToT will the ride pictures show up if I don't go on the ride?

1. Magic Bands are just a means to access what's in your MDE account - anything that's in your MDE account can be accessed by your Magic Band.

2. Anyone who is in your Friends and Family list will be able to use your Memory Maker.

3. Yes.

Thanks for such an informational thread! :surfweb: We've never purchased Memory Maker before, but our trip next month will be special; we'll have our 18 year old great-niece with us who is a HUGE DISNEY FAN, but.... now brace yourselves.... SHE'S NEVER BEEN TO WDW BEFORE!!! :scared: :faint:

My husband and I want to do as much as we can to make this a trip of a lifetime for her! :tinker:princess:

I'm wondering if there's a specific list of which rides currently take PhotoPass pictures and/or videos, and which meals/restaurants take PhotoPass pics.

Thanks in advance!! :thanks:

Ugh, the photos that I wanted from AK said that they expired today, so I went in to download them and they're all there from June 10 except the 2 that I really wanted are just gone. Of course they're closed now so I can't call. Has anyone ever been able to get expired photos back? I'm so bummed.

I have! Call them in the morning and I'm confident they'll locate them for you! I think I paid $10-$20 for an extension but they did add the photos back for me!

I purchased Memory Maker for our October trip. We'll be staying onsite and going to the parks Oct. 27-30; however, we'll also be visiting Epcot on the 25th and attending the Halloween party on the 19th. Can I use MM on the 19th and 25th and still have it available for the rest of the trip? It's 30 days from activation, right?

I purchased Memory Maker for our October trip. We'll be staying onsite and going to the parks Oct. 27-30; however, we'll also be visiting Epcot on the 25th and attending the Halloween party on the 19th. Can I use MM on the 19th and 25th and still have it available for the rest of the trip? It's 30 days from activation, right?

Each picture you have taken expires 45 days from when it was taken.
Memory maker ends 30 days after you download your first picture.

With that in mind, you could take pictures for 43 days, on day 44 make your first download, and for another 30 days you would still be able to add pictures, and download them.

You only need from the 19th of October to the 30th. That is only 11 days. That will be absolutely no problem.

Phew! Thanks! I should have realized that, but I'm a first-timer and we just decided to go to the party after all so I freaked out.

I just got MemoryMaker for our October trip. I usually don't purchase this (plus, being one of the least photogenic people in the world, I hate being photographed) but the trip is for my parents' 50th anniversary, and after the trip I'm going to put together a video of my photos and my siblings' photos and give it to Mom and Dad for a souvenir.

A few questions --

1. I have the Silver Pass which does not include downloads. If I upgrade to Gold at some point down the road would I be able to download all my existing ride photos or just those taken after the upgrade? Is there a 3 day waiting period like with Memory Maker?

2. For the $59/1 Day MM, would I be able to get my AP discount if I bought in a store ($47.20 + tax)? Since I get it with individual downloads, $59 would break even at 5 photos ($12/ea. with AP discount), but $59 - 20% would break even at 4 photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter