Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

Interesting as we DID get there at 8am for a 9am opening but multiple CMs we asked including the BLT concierge told us it would only open 30 minutes prior to official opening. We would have been so behind the crowd had we listened to them.
Yes, this is why we have this thread as CMs give the information they’ve been told and not necessarily what is actually happening.

@scrappinginontario:

First, thanks so much for this thread!

Is Philharmagic now open? I think it might be. I think your post #1 indicates that it's closed for refurb.
Sorry, I can't find the link now, but HM was included in a DISboard posting (not in a forum) as being open during ETPE. Just wanted to confirm, if possible. Trying to plan our MK day next week.

Thanks!

@scrappinginontario:

Is Philharmagic now open? I think it might be. I think your post #1 indicates that it's closed for refurb.
Sorry, I can't find the link now, but HM was included in a DISboard posting (not in a forum) as being open during ETPE. Just wanted to confirm, if possible. Trying to plan our MK day next week.

Thanks!
It is open and with the new Coco scene. We saw it Thanksgiving week. Only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open during ETPE/EE. HM is part of Liberty Square and is not open until regular park opening hours.

It is open and with the new Coco scene. We saw it Thanksgiving week. Only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open during ETPE/EE. HM is part of Liberty Square and is not open until regular park opening hours.
Thank you, @soniam. Much appreciated.

@scrappinginontario:

Thanks!
Thanks for the note! I'd forgotten to update post 1 when it reopened. Just did that now. Thanks for letting me know it required an update. It's a joint effort to keep all of these posts current. Appreciate your help!

Thanks for the note! I'd forgotten to update post 1 when it reopened. Just did that now. Thanks for letting me know it required an update. It's a joint effort to keep all of these posts current. Appreciate your help!
I appreciate all that you do here, @scrappinginontario!

It seems we're going to be RDing every single day of our upcoming trip, so this thread has been incredibly helpful.

I appreciate all that you do here, @scrappinginontario!

It seems we're going to be RDing every single day of our upcoming trip, so this thread has been incredibly helpful.
I hear you! IF our Jan trip happens, RDing will be the theme of our trip too....at least for the first half. After that I may face resistance and we'll take things at a slower pace after having rope dropped each park at least once.

Hello,
Going to MK on Jan. 4th. What can I reasonably expect to be able to do during the half hour EA? Our priorities are mostly in Fantasyland. And when should we arrive at the park? Ty.

I did ETPE at Thanksgiving but I headed to Space Mountain first. That was all I got done in that half hour. I'm not sure how lines are in Fantasyland but I think it would depend on what ride you hit first. I got to the park between 8 and 8:10 for the 8:30 start. They direct you to one of 2 lines - one at the Tomorrowland bridge to enter there or one going in to Fantasyland. They scan your band and then you wait for "rope drop" at the half hour mark. And thus begins the running of the bulls - mostly to Space, 7 dwarfs, and Peter Pan.

Hello,
Going to MK on Jan. 4th. What can I reasonably expect to be able to do during the half hour EA? Our priorities are mostly in Fantasyland. And when should we arrive at the park? Ty.

Determine the ride of choice and make the mad dash for it, i.e. in Fantasyland-- SDMT or PP. Anything else you achieve in that measly half an hour is gravy. Be sure to be at MK well in advance of rope drop (whatever time that may be, e.g., 8:00 a.m. drop--be there by 7:00 a.m. and wait in hopes of being near the front of the queue at rope drop).

Early entry was a bust for us at MK Thanksgiving week - we didn't care about the headliners, so I'd hoped we could just stroll in around 8:30 and get a couple of small rides in. But grandma was pokey getting ready, then we had transportation delays, and we ended up at the bridge maybe 10 minutes to regular open -- and they motioned us over to the big crowd waiting for the welcome show. It took a couple of minutes for me to rally and go back to convince them to check our bands and let us through, but they dropped the rope right behind us, so it did us no good.

So, even if you aren't planning to do headliners, it's worth a little effort to make sure you get there early enough to make your way back to the actual rides!

Determine the ride of choice and make the mad dash for it, i.e. in Fantasyland-- SDMT or PP. Anything else you achieve in that measly half an hour is gravy. Be sure to be at MK well in advance of rope drop (whatever time that may be, e.g., 8:00 a.m. drop--be there by 7:00 a.m. and wait in hopes of being near the front of the queue at rope drop).
Kind of a newbie... Is rope-drop the same as the early entry time? For instance, our day's EA = 8h30. How early should we get to the entrance?

I did ETPE at Thanksgiving but I headed to Space Mountain first. That was all I got done in that half hour. I'm not sure how lines are in Fantasyland but I think it would depend on what ride you hit first. I got to the park between 8 and 8:10 for the 8:30 start. They direct you to one of 2 lines - one at the Tomorrowland bridge to enter there or one going in to Fantasyland. They scan your band and then you wait for "rope drop" at the half hour mark. And thus begins the running of the bulls - mostly to Space, 7 dwarfs, and Peter Pan.
Thanks! Thinking I'll Genie+ Peter Pan and LL$ Space and 7DMT. I'll do the less popular Fantasyland rides (hoping for doing 2) between 8h30-9h00. Realistic?

Thanks! Thinking I'll Genie+ Peter Pan and LL$ Space and 7DMT. I'll do the less popular Fantasyland rides (hoping for doing 2) between 8h30-9h00. Realistic?

Yes, almost everyone will be going to Peter Pan, Space, or 7DMT during Early Entery. Everything else should be an easy walkon.

Hello,
How early is resort transportation running with Early Entry happening now?
This thread has been merged with the 'Everything Early Theme Park Entry' thread. Please read post 1 as it answers all of the questions you have asked plus a lot more. Thanks!

Interested to hear more about the Early Entry rope drop process at FOP. Is it just a complete free for all (among those on-site guests already in the park) at 7:30 (for an 8:00 opening)? In other words, if you arrive earlier, will you be closer to the front of the line for FOP, and thus have a shorter wait? Or, as a recent poster seems to have experienced, is everyone held in such a haphazard way that those who arrived at 6:45 could easily end up behind those who arrived at 7:20?

Yes to the above--that is what we experienced over Columbus Day weekend. MOB scene. We were near the front of the pack at EE rope drop and despite our speed walking, when the rope dropped we were elbowed and passed by runners. While it turned out fine for us (most guests weren't that unruly). We were on and off within 20 minutes. The crowd behind us, however, was MASSIVE! The queue was all the way to the restrooms at Lion King and wrapped out of Pandora toward its entrance near the bridge on the Tiffin's side when we exited.

For those of you who have been recently or just returned can you share alternate Uber drop off points for those who wish to get an early start not waiting on Disney transportation? I know it may vary but has anyone had recent luck being able to be dropped off at CR and walk to MK? Easiest walk to IG at Epcot. Thanks so much!!

We are trying to create our plan for ETPE at Epcot. Anyone have any recent experiences? We were thinking Frozen and then moving to Test Track. We will be at Beach Club and will enter through IG. ETPE is scheudled for 9:30 am. How early should we be at the gate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter