Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

Does anyone have current experience rope dropping FoP at AK with EE? We rope dropped it very successfully in early June but this time I'm going with 4 adults and 4 young kids and it will be a crowd level 7! If you have done this successfully recently what time did you get to the park?
Was thinking half of us could be at the front of the rope drop line and the rest could join us once the line was formed... I've seen other groups do this in the past, are CMs allowing this?

You will want to keep your group together for rope drop, especially FoP. It would not be possible (or convenient to others) if half of the group tried to catch up to you once the line started moving.

I'm really torn about my Early Entry plan for DHS this Saturday. Right now, I'm thinking of getting my first G+LL for MFSR, hopefully early afternoon. And purchasing ILL$ for RotR, hopefully for the mid-afternoon, and MMRR for late morning. Rope drop SDD at early entry, and then do RnRC, ToT, and TSMM before the rides get too bad. Then use my MMRR ILL$. This has the advantage of allowing us a sustained block of time in Galaxy's Edge: Lunch at Docking Bay 7, then the two rides by LL, interspersed with shopping and exploring, before our Oga's reservation at 4:00. Then try to stack some G+LLs for after our time in Oga's.

But what's throwing me for a loop is that, according to many reports here, they let Early Entry people into the Galaxy's Edge rides at 8:00, but don't let people into the Toy Story Land rides until 8:30. If we go to Galaxy's Edge instead of Toy Story Land at early entry, we could be done with RotR (without paying) and MFSR (without using a G+LL and thereby not being able to book another one for a long time) all by around 8:40 or 8:45. That then frees up more LL slots, saves ILL$ money, and allows us to get more rides done throughout the day. But I was really looking forward to that immersive block of time in Galaxy's Edge . . . .

Decisions, decisions!

I would say, although we were off ROTR at 8:15, we were also VERY close to the front of the queue - (see my post on this thread with details). And the ride didn't break down. If we were just 10 minutes later then we wouldn't have been off the ride till much later, as seconds makes a huge difference to where you are in the queue. And then also you are gambling with whether the ride starts working right away or not. If you are in a small group of very fast walkers who are able to get to the park entrance right at 7:30 or before then I would do ROTR. I'm going again in a month with a group of 8 and we are going to buy the LL for that trip.

Does anyone have current experience rope dropping FoP at AK with EE? We rope dropped it very successfully in early June but this time I'm going with 4 adults and 4 young kids and it will be a crowd level 7! If you have done this successfully recently what time did you get to the park?
Was thinking half of us could be at the front of the rope drop line and the rest could join us once the line was formed... I've seen other groups do this in the past, are CMs allowing this?

I just did this on the 14th. Was staying at PO:FQ, early entry was at 7:30. Bus stop at around 6:20, we were the only ones there for quite awhile. We went straight to AK, fast walked through security and lined up at the far right tapstiles, and was about the 10th person back. Held at the tap stiles, then let in, and fast walked to early entry point, then to bridge to Pandora, there was about 2 rows of people in front of me between me and the CM's, we were walked to the FoP line, straight in and through the whole queue (meaning we did not use the Lightening Lane), and I was in the first group on. Off, then to Navi, waited 5 min.

I would caution against trying to split your group. The crowd level builds very fast once the buses start arriving, other guests would not be pleased. Once people hit the Pandora rope drop area there are soooo many people, there wouldn't be a safe way to push your way to the front. From the bus stop to the tapstiles, it's not hard to keep together, even walking at at a medium pace. Once people are through the tapstiles, they move a lot quicker to the Early Entry point (which is to the left, only one person in the party has to be scanned, and you tell how many are with you, and need to be together), then quickly from the early entry point to Pandora bridge.

Not sure if this is mentioned anywhere else, but we were at Epcot this morning for ETPE and we were in the wrong line.

At 10:30 I noticed people to the right of us were going into the park and I realized something wasn't right. I asked the CM at the "rope" and she said we were in the non-resort-guest line. As we made our way back and around to the correct line, someone said that there was a sign at the entrance--a sign we never saw!

So, at Epcot, be careful. The resort guests are in a separate line, which line is to the right of the other line.

It turned out okay for us. We got to Soarin' before the crowd and were also able to do SE on standby.

Not sure if this is mentioned anywhere else, but we were at Epcot this morning for ETPE and we were in the wrong line.

At 10:30 I noticed people to the right of us were going into the park and I realized something wasn't right. I asked the CM at the "rope" and she said we were in the non-resort-guest line. As we made our way back and around to the correct line, someone said that there was a sign at the entrance--a sign we never saw!

So, at Epcot, be careful. The resort guests are in a separate line, which line is to the right of the other line.

It turned out okay for us. We got to Soarin' before the crowd and were also able to do SE on standby.
This almost happened to us at AK. DH and DS ran off going to the right after the entrance. We were heading to Everest. No one else was going that way. I heard a CM mutter something at them, so I asked him what was going on. He said the EE was to the left. I had to yell after them. I had messed up my knee earlier in the trip and couldn't catch up with them.

This almost happened to us at AK. DH and DS ran off going to the right after the entrance. We were heading to Everest. No one else was going that way. I heard a CM mutter something at them, so I asked him what was going on. He said the EE was to the left. I had to yell after them. I had messed up my knee earlier in the trip and couldn't catch up with them.
Thank you both for your input. After reading this I added a note to the first post about looking for signage both inside and outside the parks, directing guests where to line up or go.

*To celebrate the holiday season, from Sunday, December 19, 2021 through Monday, January 3, 2022, the early theme park entry benefit for Disney Resort hotel Guests will be extended from 30 minutes to 60 minutes. That’s more time to jump-start your Disney day!*

from an email I just received.

On top of early entry going to 60 minutes, from Dec 19-Jan 3 it appears Hollywood Studios and Epcot will be opening 30 minutes earlier, so 8:30 and 9:30 respectively official park opening time, meaning even earlier Early Theme Park Entry for those parks. (please note: This is only showing on the website and not the app right now, so additional changes may be added)

Screenshot_20211217-104315.png

ETA: app is now up to date and the 8:30 DHS/9:30 Epcot opening is through January 3 as well. Early entrytimes show below:

F60C25E9-DC2D-4B17-A915-DE978E95AFAF.jpeg

Last edited:
On top of early entry going to 60 minutes, from Dec 19-Dec 24 it appears Hollywood Studios and Epcot will be opening 30 minutes earlier, so 8:30 and 9:30 respectively official park opening time, meaning even earlier Early Theme Park Entry for those parks. (please note: This is only showing on the website and not the app right now, so additional changes may be added)

View attachment 631381

I’m able to see these hours on the app now:

Haha, yep just updated my post as well. I’m so excited for the longer hours and Genie + change. Merry Christmas from Disney! Now enjoy heavy crowds 😂🤣😂

I am, too! We’ll be there 12/28-1/2 and won’t be purchasing G+ so I’m happy to have the extra morning time to take advantage of!

Thank you for sharing this information everyone! Great news for all of you who will be there!

I have updated Post 1 to reflect this new information about the extended ETPE from Sun, Dec 19/21 through Mon, Jan 3/22.

Haha, yep just updated my post as well. I’m so excited for the longer hours and Genie + change. Merry Christmas from Disney! Now enjoy heavy crowds 😂🤣😂

We're thrilled with the extra hours as well! I hate to ask, but I'm still catching up on this thread, but what is the "Genie+ change" that you allude to? Sorry, and thanks!!!

So now Animal Kingdom will open for early entry at 7:00--the exact same time that you can book G+ and ILL$. That's tricky. I guess everyone just stops what they're doing at 7:00 and tries to book? Can the park WiFi handle that? Would it be better to use your phone's data plan? (Any idea which, if any, of the major carriers have service problems in AK?)

We're thrilled with the extra hours as well! I hate to ask, but I'm still catching up on this thread, but what is the "Genie+ change" that you allude to? Sorry, and thanks!!!
From Dec 19/21 through Jan 3/21, the following rides are no longer ILL$ attractions to purchase but are now LL included with Genie+
MK: Space Mountain
DHS: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
Epcot: Frozen Ever After
AK: Expedition Everest

So now Animal Kingdom will open for early entry at 7:00--the exact same time that you can book G+ and ILL$. That's tricky. I guess everyone just stops what they're doing at 7:00 and tries to book? Can the park WiFi handle that? Would it be better to use your phone's data plan? (Any idea which, if any, of the major carriers have service problems in AK?)
I'd probably use data at the park. This will be similar to when guests had to be in the park for Rise of the Resistance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter