• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

How are the lines at the gate at 7:30? We are at BW so we can walk and get there as early as needed to be towards the front for SDD, but don’t need to be THE front, lol!

I think I posted this earlier, but last week at DHS they opened the security scanners and gates at 7:30 sharp.

We went to do TOT and RNRC first both days (relying on LL for SDD and ROTR one day and LL for MFSR on the other). One day they led us to the TOT queue at 8:30 and the other day at 8:20.

For people who have gone directly to SDD or ROTR, have the current opening procedures created a fairer first come, first served approach than when guests were held at the end of Hollywood Boulevard and the rush to the attractions involved a lot of running, elbowing, and cutting in?
It was a bit of a free for all coming from the holding point to the tapstile. They let people through the tapstiles to the GE tunnel entrance. Then they slowly led people to Rise. We walked over to Smugglers. Except for the dash to the tunnel, it wasn’t too bad. I didn’t see any fights or strollers being used as weapons, so that’s a positive thing.

How are the lines at the gate at 7:30? We are at BW so we can walk and get there as early as needed to be towards the front for SDD, but don’t need to be THE front, lol!
We walked over from BWV a little after 7am. There were already people lined up near the Skyliner exit. I don’t know how SDD was, but we would have been toward the front of Rise if we hadn’t gone to Smugglers.

What time do the parking toll booths open? We're staying on property (All-Star Music) but between the reports of buses being inconsistent and full to the brim I think we will be driving to the parks.

Are they still holding onsite guests at the Tangled bathrooms prior to official park opening?Just wondering about the best way to get to BTMR and Splash if we do one or two rides in Tomorrowland first (not SM.) Assuming it wouldn't be to go back through the hub.

It was a bit of a free for all coming from the holding point to the tapstile. They let people through the tapstiles to the GE tunnel entrance. Then they slowly led people to Rise. We walked over to Smugglers. Except for the dash to the tunnel, it wasn’t too bad. I didn’t see any fights or strollers being used as weapons, so that’s a positive thing.

At least going through the tapstiles should spread people out a little so that the ones who insist on running can do it without having to elbow their way ahead of others. And the time advantage that the runners gain isn’t that great over people who walk briskly.

I still prefer the relaxing openings on Sunset Boulevard.

What time do the parking toll booths open? We're staying on property (All-Star Music) but between the reports of buses being inconsistent and full to the brim I think we will be driving to the parks.
At AK on Thursday, they held us until 6:30. Haven’t driven to the other parks.

Has anyone heard if they'll allow kids turning 3 to get a pass? We are going next month for his birthday weekend, and had planned to buy his there.
We were about a dozen people back at the tapstiles. We were also not the first car, maybe 3 back. I was walking slow from the parking lot though; my knee got messed up this week. DH walked ahead, and I caught up. We bought FOP and did EE during EE. However, we wouldn’t have been very far back for FOP. This was Thanksgiving day.

Do they let you pull up to the parking turnstiles before 7:30 and stage, or do they keep the road blocked so you can't pull in?
They let us stage a bit at AK. We weren’t the first car there though.

I was afraid of that. How about the end of Jan? I certainly don't want to be in a mob heading for most rides. At this point in our lives I'd rather just miss it OR I may break down and buy LL for ROR.
Yesterday (Black Friday) we were at the Rivieria Skyliner station at 7:05 ish; on it by 7:15, ended up in the 2nd car of day to studios and then rope stopped Galaxy’s edge. I stayed with two of my kids while my husband walked into the Rise queue (which was already a mass of people). I went to the back of galaxy’s edge and it was EMPTY, so you could have gotten amazing photos of the ships. Then we did Smugglers run, I think it was 8:15 when they started that, because I know I was mobile ordering at the Ronto Wrap station by 8:27 and just looking at the CMs for three minutes until I could click “I’m
Here” for my food. In MK you wouldn’t be able to take good pictures until after 8:30.

Yesterday (Black Friday) we were at the Rivieria Skyliner station at 7:05 ish; on it by 7:15, ended up in the 2nd car of day to studios and then rope stopped Galaxy’s edge. I stayed with two of my kids while my husband walked into the Rise queue (which was already a mass of people). I went to the back of galaxy’s edge and it was EMPTY, so you could have gotten amazing photos of the ships. Then we did Smugglers run, I think it was 8:15 when they started that, because I know I was mobile ordering at the Ronto Wrap station by 8:27 and just looking at the CMs for three minutes until I could click “I’m
Here” for my food. In MK you wouldn’t be able to take good pictures until after 8:30.

Did you notice if the epcot skyliner line was open at that time too?

Did you notice if the epcot skyliner line was open at that time too?
I don’t know if they were letting people go over to Epcot area, but the line was running since it’s the same one that goes to Caribbean beach (since you can take the line from Caribbean beach all the way to Epcot without getting off at Riviera.

Will be at EPCOT on Friday..posted opening is at 11:00....what time will they actually let you in the gates and what time will attractions start operating?

Just FYI for the days that Magic Kingdom is opening at 8am(7:30 for early entry) monorail is not dropping off at MK until 7am. Boats are not running until 7am. We were held at turnstiles until 7:15/7:20ish. Pretty much not much point arriving much before 7am.

I don’t know if they were letting people go over to Epcot area, but the line was running since it’s the same one that goes to Caribbean beach (since you can take the line from Caribbean beach all the way to Epcot without getting off at Riviera.

I was more interested if you could get on at epcot to go to HS at that time. We are at BCV and trying to figure out if we'd get there sooner on the Skyliner or driving. If the parking lot doesn't open till 7:30, but we can get on the skyliner at 7:15 that might be quicker. I just didn't know if you noticed anyone coming from the direction of epcot.

I’d take the boa
I was more interested if you could get on at epcot to go to HS at that time. We are at BCV and trying to figure out if we'd get there sooner on the Skyliner or driving. If the parking lot doesn't open till 7:30, but we can get on the skyliner at 7:15 that might be quicker. I just didn't know if you noticed anyone coming from the direction of epcot.
I would take the boat from Beach Club. (You can also walk but I have three kids so that’s not optimal for us). I can confirm busses were already arriving as the Skyliner was not quite there.

I’d take the boa

I would take the boat from Beach Club. (You can also walk but I have three kids so that’s not optimal for us). I can confirm busses were already arriving as the Skyliner was not quite there.

Yeah, we aren't walking.

I hadn't considered the boats. I guess I just assumed they opened later.

This may have changed since October, but they generally started to corral Guests into the park around 30 minutes prior to posted opening. They then walked Guests to the major attractions (to mitigate a stampede) at exactly the posted opening time.

I would get there 45 - 60 minutes prior to the posted opening time if your goal is to immediately get in line for a major attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter