Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

Which parks and which rides are you headed to? When are you going?

I'd say no less than 45 min before ETPE for most parks and an hour for DHS/MK. This will vary on where you're headed. There's a post on here about ETPE and I would check out what others have said.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-early-theme-park-entry-etpe-please-read-post-1.3855945/
Awesome thanks I just saw that now. Over-tired nurse who desperately needs this vacation lol

Awesome thanks I just saw that now. Over-tired nurse who desperately needs this vacation lol
It's not always timely since some of the latest posts on that thread might be from Memorial Day but even if it's not a super crowded day, the worst that will happen is you'll be at the front of the pack for being super early.

I think it may depend on what you want to ride. We did HS three times in March for spring break. Crowds were heavy. Got to the entrance as they were letting people in or just before (around 730 for 8 early entry opening).

We did sdd twice. First time we got there before they opened the entrance lines, second time a little after they did. First wait was less than five minutes, second was about 20. Did tot the other day and got there right before they opened the lines. We were maybe 50 back in the line for tot.

So in our experience a half hour to maybe 40 minutes before opening worked well (20-25 minutes before had us wait in the 20 minute sdd long instead of 5 and it was building fast behind us). If you could be a little earlier your first wait would be less.

I’ve read first post. Has anyone taken an Uber/Lyft to HS recently for ETPE? Looking for a recent experience with ride share access to WDW bus lanes. I want to get there as early as possible for rope drop.
Thank you

If you time it right…

In MK, you can do one ride that’s not 7 Dwarfs or Space Mountain, then ride something right when Adventureland opens.

In Epcot, you can ride Remy (from Intl gateway) AND Frozen AND have a short line for one more ride.

In AKL, you can ride Dinosaur twice AND Everest with no lines.

In HS, you can ride both ToT and RnRC with no lines.

I’ve read first post. Has anyone taken an Uber/Lyft to HS recently for ETPE? Looking for a recent experience with ride share access to WDW bus lanes. I want to get there as early as possible for rope drop.
Thank you
Any chance you could have your driver drop you near the walking path?

Thank you
Yes, ride shares now use the bus entrance at DHS.

Also, thanks for your question. I used it to update and clarify post 1 re: Uber/Lyft at DHS.

Quick Question. I saw on another thread that someone said only the bridge to tomorrowland was open during the Early Hours at MK? I have tried to find the thread again but have been unable to. We wanted to go to 7DMT like 10,00 other ppl ( I didn't want DD to wait in line during the heat of the day), but asumed we could go right into fantasy land, is this not the case?

THANKS!

They hold at 2 points. At the entry to Tomorrowland and right in front of the Mad Tea party. You scan in at a common point prior to both.

I'm checking am wait times to plan our trip. Test track is showing down with open at normal park open time rather then the 30 minutes early for resort guests. Is this typical or does it usually open early?

From what I’ve read over the years, test track is usually slow to start and a lot of times down at park open. Not always, but it seems to be a common issue. If that’s the first ride you want to get, I’d have a quick plan b you can pivot to.

How do you get test track then without a crazy line and without shelling out a ton of money for 1 ride. We are a big family so Genie plus is out.

How do you get test track then without a crazy line and without shelling out a ton of money for 1 ride. We are a big family so Genie plus is out.
You can try with ETPE but info was provided that there are mornings when it’s not running.

TT is one of the rides that has a long line a lot of the time due to its popularity and vulnerability to weather.

Another option to ride with a shorter line is to hop in line just before park close. Ignore the posted wait time as it will be inflated.

Hello, haven't been through the new Early entry format for years. I don't think it's like in the past, were your room key and ticket was scanned together as one at the front gate and in you went. Trying to figure out how much time to allow for the entry. Do you scan your ticket (or band, etc.) at the gate and then do they scan each person in party resort key at the holding area then let you proceed? Thanks

Hello, haven't been through the new Early entry format for years. I don't think it's like in the past, were your room key and ticket was scanned together as one at the front gate and in you went. Trying to figure out how much time to allow for the entry. Do you scan your ticket (or band, etc.) at the gate and then do they scan each person in party resort key at the holding area then let you proceed? Thanks
If you're using Disney transportation and want to be close to the front of the pack, be at the transportation stop about 90 mins prior to regular opening.

When we were there in March it was an easy process. At HS most the entrances were for EE, only one that wasn’t was the one on the far right. We had magic mobile so we scanned our phones with a person before we got towards the tapstiles. Not everyone scanned. They asked how many were in your party. From there you got in line to go through the entrance as usual, and scan your phone (or band or ticket), for park entry.

After getting past the ticket booths try to head to the right at HS. Since they aren’t letting people in that far over yet (that line is for non resort guests), there was a smaller line every day (three) for the tapstile.

Getting there about 730 worked perfect for us. They opened the lines about 730 or 35 id say every day for the 8 EE. One day we got there about 735/40 and we had about a 20 minute wait for sdd. A little before 730 got us a less than 5 minute wait for sdd and tot on our other two days.

OK thanks We were trying to decide if 30 minutes is worth it, if they scan your ticket at the gate then you had to line up and scan a room key, that would take forever you would have 1o minutes if lucky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter