Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Hi, staying at Boardwalk the last week in August, do you think we would need lightening lane or genie plus for Mickey's runaway railroad at park opening?
Also, we haven't done genie plus or the LL. in a few years, Is it that you book 1 ride, then after you exit that ride then you can book your second ride?
I remember we did Haunted Mansion, then we got off I went to book another ride, and the only ones available were late in the afternoon, which wasn't going to work for us that day, again it was a few years ago, so I'm sure my memory is a little fuzzy, lol!
Thanks!!

Technically, Genie+ and LL are the same thing. You purchase Genie+ so you can book LL throughout the day. The Individual Lightning Lane purchases for the biggest attractions (like ROTR) are separate from G+. To answer your other question, you can book multiple LL's throughout the day. The booking requirements are every 2 hours, or if you 'tap' into the attraction you have booked last. You don't need to actually complete the ride, you can book after tapping in before going on the ride. Something that might help with booking G+/LL - your MDE app will show you clearly what time you are eligible to make your next reservation. Also, there is a modify feature that works really well. If you grabbed a LL for Star Tours, for example, at 2PM, but you really prefer closer to 4PM, hit the modify button to see when the return window has changed to closer to 4PM - you can then modify the time for the attraction, but your '2-hr clock' for the next ride remains the same. Hope some of this makes sense. There are many posts out here that discuss the ins and outs and details of G+/LL. Enjoy your trip!

Hi, staying at Boardwalk the last week in August, do you think we would need lightening lane or genie plus for Mickey's runaway railroad at park opening?
Also, we haven't done genie plus or the LL. in a few years, Is it that you book 1 ride, then after you exit that ride then you can book your second ride?
I remember we did Haunted Mansion, then we got off I went to book another ride, and the only ones available were late in the afternoon, which wasn't going to work for us that day, again it was a few years ago, so I'm sure my memory is a little fuzzy, lol!
Thanks!!
The posts on page one explain genie +, ILL$ and offer strategies.

I feel like you could rope drop MMRR without using G+. Now if you had OTHER rides you’d want to use G+ for as well, then it might be worthwhile. Depends on what rides you’d want to focus on and what their standby times are.

Last week of August is when most schools are back in session, so you’ll likely encounter lower crowds midweek. If you can hit DHS on a Tuesday or Wednesday, you probably wouldn’t need Genie+at all. Here’s the wait times for last August 30th:
15A0D93A-C659-49C7-AE3F-B1C293E90649.jpeg

If you’re wanting to hit all the rides, the best strategy is to walk from boardwalk and get to DHS by 7am to be first in line. You can then hit TSL start at Slinky and ride all the rides with little wait. You should have enough time to hit MMRR before park opening. You might have a little wait, but not bad.

Great!! Thank you so much for this information!, Really appreciate you taking the time to responde!

A quick question before our trip next month 🤗
- does Genie+ “sell out” or do I really need to be up at midnight to purchase?
- I know the 7am is for virtual queue’s, and I’ll be all over that.
Thanks!

If I put a cc on file with the resort and purchase ILL, does the charge automatically go the CC or to the resort so that I can pay it with a gift card at the front desk? I seem to always get the circle of death if I click on "Pay another way"

If I put a cc on file with the resort and purchase ILL, does the charge automatically go the CC or to the resort so that I can pay it with a gift card at the front desk? I seem to always get the circle of death if I click on "Pay another way"
Genie+LL and ILL$ purchases are charged to the card linked to your MDE account, not to your resort account. I’m sorry I can’t remember whether or not you can pay for those by entering a GC number manually - if so, save the GC number as a note on your phone so you can copy and paste it (faster and no worries about typing it wrong).

Genie+LL and ILL$ purchases are charged to the card linked to your MDE account, not to your resort account. I’m sorry I can’t remember whether or not you can pay for those by entering a GC number manually - if so, save the GC number as a note on your phone so you can copy and paste it (faster and no worries about typing it wrong).

Apologies if this is off-topic, but Genie+ and ILL$ purchases both count as entertainment purchases which is the 5% bonus category for Chase Freedom Flex in Q3 ... I'm switching my MDE card in July to take advantage of this!

A quick question before our trip next month 🤗
- does Genie+ “sell out” or do I really need to be up at midnight to purchase?
- I know the 7am is for virtual queue’s, and I’ll be all over that.
Thanks!
Please read the posts on page one as they contain a lot of helpful information including a list of all dates that Genie+ sold out.

I skimmed the genie+LL thread and wasn’t sure this was answered…
Can I get a Tron Boarding group/LL at 7am on my day of travel? We won’t be in the park until 3pm and plan to head to MK for the deluxe PM extra hours.
Any tips on how to do and time this is much appreciated!
°o°

Can I get a Tron Boarding group/LL at 7am on my day of travel? We won’t be in the park until 3pm and plan to head to MK for the deluxe PM extra hours.
°o°
Boarding Group return times are being strictly enforced. Getting a BG at 7 am is useless if you won’t be in the park until 3 pm.

Your best bet is to purchase a LL return time for a time you know you’ll be in the park.

°o°
The deluxe PM extra hours has a Virtual Queue at 6pm. Might be best to wait for that or like the PP said, buy an ILL for a time before the extra hours begins.

°o°
I’d suggest getting a $LL for the last available time (last hour of park opening), and then try for an extended hour BG at 6 pm. I’m traveling Wed and am doing this. Of course, the caveat is that you may be out the $LL cost if you experience a major travel issue.

GENIE

Basic Information:

- Genie is a free service.

- Genie is part of the My Disney Experience app. Under 'My Plans', look for the 'Get Started' button.
View attachment 637679

- Genie is designed to assist the guest, especially first-time guests, with planning their day (for attractions, entertainment, dining, and enchanting extras).

- Genie will allow guest to select up to 10 experiences (Attractions, Entertainment, Dining or Enchanting Extras) that they wish to do then a personalized itinerary will be created. Choices may be edited.

- Guests can select their top picks, and Genie will create an itinerary for the day.

- The itinerary appears in the, 'My Day' portion of the app.
Does the Genie app work better now? It kept crashing on us a year ago. Also, does it still drain phone battery quickly?

For travel in August
I plan to start the day in AK and hop to Epcot. At 7am, I want to get a Remy LL for after 2pm. This will mean I cannot pick another LL until 11am (2 hours after Epcot opens). Can I pick rides from AK for these LL, or do I have to continue to pick Epcot rides?

I'm kind of assuming that by 11am, I'm not likely to get a Test Track LL. If it is available, I'd take it. It seems other than Frozen, the remaining LL rides at Epcot are not particularly hard to come by. I might as well use a few at AK before I start stacking at Epcot.

Does this seem to make sense?

Thanks for your input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter