Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Question just so I have this in my head straight. I'm staying DVC at AKL:

ill$: I can be in the hotel and book an ill$ anytime from 7AM on for any park. can I then book a second for say night at a different park or do I have to wait? I will have hoppers.

I have 15 people in my party. Will I be able to select all 15 and book Genie+ rides? Or, will I have to have 2 people trying at the same time? If that is the case, how would I split it up? I hope it is not the case!!!

Hi, looking for some help with Genie +. We are a group of 8 travelling to WDW in just over a week. I have been watching some videos on Genie + and some people have suggested constantly refreshing to get an earlier ride time (for example you see a return time for 6pm but after 5 mins of refreshing get a return time for 2pm). Does anyone have any insight into how the system works and if it would be significantly harder to do this for a group of 8 versus a group of 1 or 2? Thanks so much
I tried doing this for a group of 4 and by the time you clicked and went through (and I think I was fast personally, lol) the time was gone.

That said, there are earlier return times that do pop up frequently. What I found that worked a little better was to click the time regardless of what it was (instead of refreshing). Then the confirmation page came up and if it wasn't the time I wanted, I would just click back and repeat.

This happened to me at HS with TSMM. I kept refreshing and getting return times I wanted, but wasn't fast enough to snag them. Then I figured whats the point of this and had the idea to click whatever time was there. Eventually I did click and get a LL that was earlier on the confirmation page than the one I clicked to book.

Heading out next week with a group of 15. We are all linked as Friends and Family on different accounts. I am thinking that we can only book Genie+ for 12 people at once. Thought I saw that somewhere but not sure. Is this the case, and if it is and we need 2 people to book simultaneously, how should we split it up to be most effective? I am beyond stressed about all the changes! Suggestions?

Heading out next week with a group of 15. We are all linked as Friends and Family on different accounts. I am thinking that we can only book Genie+ for 12 people at once. Thought I saw that somewhere but not sure. Is this the case, and if it is and we need 2 people to book simultaneously, how should we split it up to be most effective? I am beyond stressed about all the changes! Suggestions?
Reading posts on page 1 of this thread will be helpful and hopefully ease some of the stress.

Hi everyone

I've got an upcoming trip next week and have park Hopper on my ticket. How do I park hop with Genie+? Will it let me just book rides for any park at a time? Or can I only get rides for the park I have a reservation for?

As for virtual que, can I only book a VQ on a park I have a reservation for/am currently in? Or can I try and get one for later in the day at a different park?

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone

I've got an upcoming trip next week and have park Hopper on my ticket. How do I park hop with Genie+? Will it let me just book rides for any park at a time? Or can I only get rides for the park I have a reservation for?

As for virtual que, can I only book a VQ on a park I have a reservation for/am currently in? Or can I try and get one for later in the day at a different park?

Thanks in advance
Posts 3 and 5 of this thread cover your questions re: Genie+ and hopping.

The 'Guardians Virtual Queue/Boarding Group' thread, post 1 answers questions about VQ.

Hi everyone

Thanks in advance
There is currently only one virtual queue attraction, Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot. There are three times that it becomes available: 7:00 AM, 1:00 PM and 6:00 PM. To sign up at 7:00 AM, you need to have a park reservation for Epcot that day, To sign up at 1:00, you need to have already entered Epcot that day. So, you will either have had an Epcot park reservation or else have to enter Epcot at 2:00 or later and hope there are some VQ slots still available. To sign up at 6:00 PM, you need to be eligible for Extended Evening Theme Park Hours. The 6:00 PM signup is for EETPH only and is only available on nights when Epcot has EETPH.

Excuse my previous post. Not sure how that happened. Question...were you able to book all 15 of your group or did 2 people have to split it up and try at the same time? I have 15 going next Friday and I am more than stressed out about all this! Any help is appreciated!
I was able to book all 15 within my account because they were all in my Friends and Family list. As I mentioned, it took effort to make sure they were all on my list so would say make sure days before you go that they are all showing in your list. I used the chat function in the Disney app to get the quickest response to add them to my list. Some worked easily as it should when you just send a request and accept but did not work well for others. Good luck!

Is there any site like Touring plans that tracks how quickly LL and Genie + choices track throughout the day? Meaning , does TT get completely booked by 2 pm on any given day? Or at 7 am these choices move that move the fastest?
Or does Touring plans have this info?

Currently only 4 LL for purchase. During busy holiday weeks have they or could they through more into LL ?

Is there any site like Touring plans that tracks how quickly LL and Genie + choices track throughout the day? Meaning , does TT get completely booked by 2 pm on any given day? Or at 7 am these choices move that move the fastest?
Or does Touring plans have this info?
If you are concerned primarily when the Genie+ availability runs out for a ride, Genie+ Helper is the place to look. It takes Thrill-data.com data and puts it in easy-to-read tables, one for each park.

I'm sure Touring Plans has all the data. I've seen them refer to it in blogs and vlogs. However, I don't know how accessible it is to subscribers. I'm not a subscriber.

If you are concerned primarily when the Genie+ availability runs out for a ride, Genie+ Helper is the place to look. It takes Thrill-data.com data and puts it in easy-to-read tables, one for each park.

I'm sure Touring Plans has all the data. I've seen them refer to it in blogs and vlogs. However, I don't know how accessible it is to subscribers. I'm not a subscriber.
Thank you!

Hopefully the 9:00 plan will work better than our March trip when not only were Big Thunder and Splash both down at 9:00, but Pirates was down also
We had the same thing happen in November and Haunted Mansion was down until 11. Not sure if we are doing Genie + this time around. Just hit our rides early and then walk around taking pics and eating.

soooooooooo when i first heard you could not buy G+ for length of stay, i was dismayed. You can buy it at midnight and start reserving at 7AM. To which I wondered, when am I supposed to sleep? If I'm up until midnight then have to get up early for 7AM reservations, that only leaves me about 6 hours to sleep!

BUT, it sounds like G+ never actually sells out? So as long as i get up at, say, 6:30 to buy it and get ready to reserve, that should be good right? Though i have to say no matter how you slice it that stinks. i'm on vacation, and we are usually the "mid morning" head into the park types, after the rope drop crowds.

Last edited:
soooooooooo when i first heard you could not buy G+ for length of stay, i was dismayed. You can buy it at midnight and start reserving at 7AM. To which I wondered, when am I supposed to sleep? If I'm up until midnight ten have to get up early for 7AM reservations, that only leaves me about 6 hours to sleep!

BUT, it sounds like G+ never actually sells out? So as long as i get up at, say, 6:30 to buy it and get ready to reserve, that should be good right? Though i have to say no matter how you slice it that stinks. i'm on vacation, and we are usually the "mid morning" head into the park types, after the rope drop crowds.
Correct, Genie+ has never sold out. So you can wake up at 6:50, buy Genie+, book your ILL$ and first Genie+LL, then go back to bed if you want!

I have a question about cancelling a G+ ride. If I book a G+ and realize I won’t make it in time, until when do I have to cancel it and still be able to book another time? Can it be during the window, or does it have to be before the window begins? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter