Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

The funny thing about Genie+ is it's like starting a new job. You can learn and prepare for it all you want but until you start work that first day you won't really know how things go. But the best part is you learn pretty much that first day "on the job". The anxiety of knowing what to do with Genie+ is worse than actually using Genie+ successfully. Just keep your expectations low to only getting three decent rides and the rest is gravy.

hi.
We are arriving at Hollywood studios around 3. It is our first park. If we start stacking at 7 will our return times be too early? Any suggestions on how to go about making the most of being awake at 7 just not at the park? Thank you
Book SDD at 7 or a few minutes after and it should give you a time close to 3 pm almost immediately. Then book your next one at 2 hours after opening and every two hours after that. Try to make the LLs booked later be for earlier times (close to when you can enter park and tap into a ride) as you can book another LL after tapping in to your latest booked LL.

Hi,

Will be arriving in a couple of weeks from the UK for a two week stay at Disney.

Was just wondering if there’s been any issues with purchasing Genie+ in the morning. Like at 6am time?

I’ve heard of people waking up at midnight to purchase Genie+ for that day and to be honest that sounds horrible! I wouldn’t want to break up my sleep every night that I want Genie+!

Hi,

Will be arriving in a couple of weeks from the UK for a two week stay at Disney.

Was just wondering if there’s been any issues with purchasing Genie+ in the morning. Like at 6am time?

I’ve heard of people waking up at midnight to purchase Genie+ for that day and to be honest that sounds horrible! I wouldn’t want to break up my sleep every night that I want Genie+!
There are currently no reports of G+ selling out before 7 AM. Actually, I think that there are no reports of it selling out...period. I suppose that there is always the possibility that it could sell out during the busiest times but it hasn't sold out on any day to date.

There are currently no reports of G+ selling out before 7 AM. Actually, I think that there are no reports of it selling out...period. I suppose that there is always the possibility that it could sell out during the busiest times but it hasn't sold out on any day to date.
You’re correct, it has never sold out.

I don’t see any problems @Disneymad1993 with waiting to purchase just before 7AM.

I’ve read through many of these posts. Still have a couple questions about Genie +. You can choose an attraction at 7:00, then the next one 2 hours after park opening. Is that the official time or does it work from early entry time? Also, at Studios, has anyone been able to choose another attraction right after tapping in to one? And for Studios, I’ve seen it suggested to try for later times. Has anyone had good success with choosing earlier in the day times? Thanks 😊

Book SDD at 7 or a few minutes after and it should give you a time close to 3 pm almost immediately. Then book your next one at 2 hours after opening and every two hours after that. Try to make the LLs booked later be for earlier times (close to when you can enter park and tap into a ride) as you can book another LL after tapping in to your latest booked LL.
I fully understand genie+ with the exception of one thing, and I think you're getting at that with this comment. Let me set up a hypothetical.

I Plan on being in HS by 11:30am. I book SDD at 7am for 11:45am. I then book ToT at 11am for 2pm.

So in this scenario I'm under the impression that I can't book another until 1pm. But it seems that you are saying I would be able to book another at 11:45am after tapping into SDD even though I just booked ToT at 11am. Is this correct?

Stacking question - we are sleeping in on our EPCOT & Animal Kingdom days. I'll get up before 7 to buy Genie+ & make our first LL before going back to bed. How to I get later times for LL? TT & Navi are our top priorities for each park. What if they're only offered at times that are too early for us?

I’ve read through many of these posts. Still have a couple questions about Genie +. You can choose an attraction at 7:00, then the next one 2 hours after park opening. Is that the official time or does it work from early entry time? Also, at Studios, has anyone been able to choose another attraction right after tapping in to one? And for Studios, I’ve seen it suggested to try for later times. Has anyone had good success with choosing earlier in the day times? Thanks 😊
2 hours after official park opening. At Studios, you'll probably just get 1 early ride if you shoot for an early time, but I still like that strategy as you get your second pick sooner than the 2 hours after park opening. It helps if you stay onsite and plan to head straight for SDD, so your 7am selection is MMRR, MFSR or something like that where if you're on right at 7, you're more likely to get that early return time.

I fully understand genie+ with the exception of one thing, and I think you're getting at that with this comment. Let me set up a hypothetical.

I Plan on being in HS by 11:30am. I book SDD at 7am for 11:45am. I then book ToT at 11am for 2pm.

So in this scenario I'm under the impression that I can't book another until 1pm. But it seems that you are saying I would be able to book another at 11:45am after tapping into SDD even though I just booked ToT at 11am. Is this correct?
No. If you booked TOT for noon, you could then get an additional LL after tapping into TT. It’s either every two hours after official park open (where you booked your first LL) OR after tapping into your most recently made LL. Since you made TOT last at 11am for 2pm you would need to wait until 1pm to book again

Last edited:
Another question re: Studios. What if, at 7 you make a LL for late afternoon/early evening. Then 2 hours after opening you make one for mid morning and use it soon afterwards. Then, can you make another one after tapping in to the mid morning one? The later afternoon LL will just be waiting.

Another question re: Studios. What if, at 7 you make a LL for late afternoon/early evening. Then 2 hours after opening you make one for mid morning and use it soon afterwards. Then, can you make another one after tapping in to the mid morning one? The later afternoon LL will just be waiting.
Yes, that’s how it works. Once you tap your latest booked you can book another, even if you have more stacked for later.

I just wanted to thank everyone here who’s reported their experiences and provided guidance and patiently answered the same questions over and over. We didn’t want to visit the parks until early evening last week, and after learning from this thread we were able to stack all day for MK and ride 8 rides, plus enjoy Casey’s hot dogs, between 6 PM and 11 PM. Being able to overlap return times is a major improvement over FP+, too - we couldn’t have done it without that feature of Genie+.

What is the earliest Genie+ return time? I've seen people mention 9:05 (assuming a 9:00 opening) or times like that, but was wondering if 9:00 was the absolute earliest or, if the park opens earlier than that, would there possibly be a time close to park opening (earlier than 9)?
For example, with AK opening at 8:00, could I book something with a return time at 8:05 or so and then get a second one when I tap into that ride?

What is the earliest Genie+ return time? I've seen people mention 9:05 (assuming a 9:00 opening) or times like that, but was wondering if 9:00 was the absolute earliest or, if the park opens earlier than that, would there possibly be a time close to park opening (earlier than 9)?
For example, with AK opening at 8:00, could I book something with a return time at 8:05 or so and then get a second one when I tap into that ride?
yes

You can ask but there is no guarantee a refund would be issued. Personally I would not book on a travel day given the challenges the airlines are currently facing. it's more of a known risk you're willing to take if you choose to purchase.

I was able to get a refund in June for our travel day for both LL and ILL. We were supposed to arrive at 2:30 but our flight into Orlando was cancelled and we didn't arrive until 9 pm. I called from the airport and they issued a refund. YMMV of course but I had no issues.

I'm telling ya I hate the idea of paying money for what used to be basically be free but then again this really is a much better system IF you're able to use it to your fullest. With a toddler for the first time I definitely didn't use it to its' fullest capacity but then again shelling out $45 just to not wait 70-90 minutes for Peter Pan and 90 minutes for Jungle Cruise was worth every penny. But I keep telling my wife if this were the old days where it was just me and her in the parks all day? Man oh man could I game this system and get my money's worth and it seems some people really are doing it up right. But I feel bad for larger families...it's still not right to be charging but the system itself is actually much better than the old fastpass I've decided. Except of course the whole making plans day of and being a little flexible...but besides that...

Has anyone heard about ILL's possibly changing after Aug. 7? For example, Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway is a Genie+ option now, but may be moved to the ILL choices? There were other rides in other parks as well. We are going Aug 12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter