Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

You may want to listen to the latest Disney Dish podcast where they discuss a survey that went out regarding the upcoming changes to Genie+ at WDW.

Spoiler
Sounds like it will be a Paid Fastpass+ service and ILL remains.
The possibility of being able to book the same LL more than once if available.

Question for those in the know!! I already read the first few pages and from about 160 forward, but didn't really get the answer. We will be at WDW from 23 Sep thru 30 Sep. On that Wednesday my wife, daughter and granddaughters want to do the Princess Breakfast in MK. As a group, however, we want to go to HS at 2:00 (have reservations for MK that day and have park hopper passes). The question is: can I start making LL times for HS starting at 7:00 that morning? And can I just purchase LL for HS and not MK and HS? Appreciate the assistance!!

My apologies if this has been asked before…..We were planning to purchase a hopper day pass and start out at Hollywood Studios. Once we are tapped into the park are we able to purchase a ILL for Guardians and Tron since we will be at those parks later in the day after 2 pm? Also, do we have a choice of times to select from when purchasing ILL? Thank you!

You can buy 1 or 2 ILL at 7am if you are staying onsite, or at regular park opening if you are off site. I believe it's park opening for the park you have the reservation for, but I'm not 100% sure on that as we typically stay onsite. No need to have tapped in!

My apologies if this has been asked before…..We were planning to purchase a hopper day pass and start out at Hollywood Studios. Once we are tapped into the park are we able to purchase a ILL for Guardians and Tron since we will be at those parks later in the day after 2 pm? Also, do we have a choice of times to select from when purchasing ILL? Thank you!
As poster said at 7 onsite and park opening if off.

We do go often and recently dd was alone with a friend working in Florida and I booked her a ILL at 7am from upstate NY . You can do that👍 She RS over in the afternoon by herself since AP holder after work finished.

Also for ILL you can choose your time. Say you want close to 2pm to hop . An even hour window bar appears (like how you choose dining). If you tap 2p it will then show closest times and you pick one.

I have been able to purchase ILL for GOTG , Tron and ROTR without issues. FOP you need to do quick if want , that’s often the 1st to sell out.

Genie + times are different. It goes in order from park opening until it runs out. You can choose a 2nd ride after park opened for 2 hours or if you use the 1st choice. Continue all day. We like to start stacking evening after our morning is over. We have lunch and rest midday.

We have really enjoyed it but it’s usually just the 2 of us. I paid for her bachelorette party for 8 of us and boy it added up!

It depends on what your budget and family priority if needed or not. We always go short trips so time is of the essence. It has made for a fun getaway for dd and I.

**I I added extra info for those traveling soon. 2023 We have been there Jan, March, April , May and June.

Didn’t see this on pg 1 so wanted clarification. If I am an AP and start at MK but plan to go to Hollywood at 2pm which genie+ do I need to buy If I only plan on using genie+ at Hollywood. I would not be using it at magic. The multi park or just Hollywood?

If we are checking in on a Sunday, can I buy G+ and ILL that morning at 7:00 am? Trying to make park plans. We will be in Orlando the day before but not at Disney until Sunday. Thanks

Yup, assuming you're staying at a Disney resort. You should plan to purchase G+ before 7AM (you can do it anytime after midnight of your check-in day). ILLs are at 7AM.

You can even do it from your home or at the airport in a different state. As long as it's your check in day. I did exactly that 2 months ago.
But buy the G+ before 7 so you can start booking at 7. You probably know this but it's not what your post said, so I mention it just in case..

I helped a person sitting next to me on the plane. She kept getting an error message when trying to book FOP. I went through a checklist of possible reasons. After everything I said it must be your credit card. She didn’t think so. It was her credit card. :rotfl::rotfl:

Last edited:
Each person who wishes to use the LL access needs to have Genie+ purchased. They can purchase it themselves if they have their own MDE account or, if all are linked to you, you can purchase and pay for all.

So in your case, if there are 4 people in your group, if each wants to ride using the Lightning Lanes, each must have G+ purchased for each day you wish to use the LL access.
Our trip is 6 adults. I made all reservations under my MDE account. But if some members of our group want to head off on their own, can they do Genie LL’s and ILL’s on their own phone? And if so, do they log into my account on their phone, or must they create their own MDE account?

Our trip is 6 adults. I made all reservations under my MDE account. But if some members of our group want to head off on their own, can they do Genie LL’s and ILL’s on their own phone? And if so, do they log into my account on their phone, or must they create their own MDE account?

They can be logged into your account and book their own Genie LL's and ILL's.

In my opinion, that's the simplest way to do it, rather than trying to link up accounts with one another. But the downside is that you will have do all the payments and they will have to reimburse you (unless you're planning to pay for everybody anyway, of course).

They can be logged into your account and book their own Genie LL's and ILL's.

In my opinion, that's the simplest way to do it, rather than trying to link up accounts with one another. But the downside is that you will have do all the payments and they will have to reimburse you (unless you're planning to pay for everybody anyway, of course).
Thank you. Logging into my account and all charges going to my credit card would be fine since the other 4 adults are our adult children.

I was wondering how/why everyone decides which days to purchase Genie+. Obviously the value differs for everybody but I'd like to hear what makes it "worth it" for your family. For example, do you think it is better to buy it on a day you will be in the parks most of the day or maybe on those days when you will miss rope drop or only visit in the evening? As a little background, we are a family of 5. We are DVC members and would visit once or twice a year until last year, when we chose to go to Universal instead (after a very disappointing Disney trip in 2021). So we don't have to ride every single ride but my kids want the rollercoasters and I'd like to make sure we hit the newer rides. We have a trip planned this summer with 6 day PH. I will probably be willing to buy Genie+ for 3 of those days, and the only ILL I would consider is Tron if we can't get the VQ. Any advice is appreciated as I'm really torn over the best strategy!

I was wondering how/why everyone decides which days to purchase Genie+. Obviously the value differs for everybody but I'd like to hear what makes it "worth it" for your family. For example, do you think it is better to buy it on a day you will be in the parks most of the day or maybe on those days when you will miss rope drop or only visit in the evening? As a little background, we are a family of 5. We are DVC members and would visit once or twice a year until last year, when we chose to go to Universal instead (after a very disappointing Disney trip in 2021). So we don't have to ride every single ride but my kids want the rollercoasters and I'd like to make sure we hit the newer rides. We have a trip planned this summer with 6 day PH. I will probably be willing to buy Genie+ for 3 of those days, and the only ILL I would consider is Tron if we can't get the VQ. Any advice is appreciated as I'm really torn over the best strategy!
We’re just a party of two who don’t feel we have to do everything and who never try to make rope drop. We buy Genie+ for MK and DHS and begin first thing in the morning to stack LLs so that we have several lined up when we do arrive. We do buy ILL$ for FoP regularly and for whatever ride in Epcot offers it, whether or not we get a VQ for it. We haven’t been since Tron opened but expect to buy an ILL$ for it as well as try for VQ. I could see us buying Genie+ for AK if we planned to arrive mid- or late-afternoon and didn’t want to worry about length of standby lines for EE and Safari.

IOW, Genie+ and ILL$ are of great benefit especially when arriving late to the park. Being able to stack and to overlap return times (which wasn’t possible with FP+) helps to organize our time in the parks and helps us do what we want.

let's say I'm managing park plans for 10 people Each person in the group has tied a credit card to their park ticket/magic band . If I buy genie or ILL for a day, do each of their credit cards get charged or does my account get charged for them all?

Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter