• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Has any one had success in doing this? I want to make sure it will let me change the reservation, but not use one of my 3 hopper passes! It’s a great idea if it works!!
If you don’t scan in to MK as a day guest it won’t use your hopper ticket. There is a separate entrance for the party. Also if you change the reservation to a future day there’s no chance you’ll accidentally use it because you won’t have a reservation for that day.

ILL$ question in general but specifically for FOP. We have a family of 2 adults, 2 kids, younger son is tall enough for everything but has high anxiety around new rides. If I book 4 ILL$ for FOP and my son refuses to get in the line, can an adult use his to ride it again? Or if I get 4 FOP ILL$ and he refuses to get ON the ride (this has happened a lot, he will say he definitely wants to ride it, gets in line or on the ride, and then panic and we have to leave) can we somehow stay in the ride queue and have the adult that left with him ride it? Normally I don't care but if I just spent $25 on ILL$ I don't want to have to leave and not get to ride it.

Last option, if I buy 3 ILL$ and just say he's not riding, can we rider swap and let the 2nd adult that didn't ride the first time ride with our older kid instead of alone?

Interesting experiences with ILL.

Knowing that the ILL you book never expire on the day of your visit (excluding Tron).
I have been noticing more warnings coming from the CMs at 7DMT.
Now they have always let me in after the warning, but today they said that the rule is you only get an additional hour after your return time.

I never head of such a thing before, but I figure it is something to be aware of.
I never received any CM grief at FOP or Guardians.

ILL$ question in general but specifically for FOP. We have a family of 2 adults, 2 kids, younger son is tall enough for everything but has high anxiety around new rides. If I book 4 ILL$ for FOP and my son refuses to get in the line, can an adult use his to ride it again?
Yes, if he doesn't enter the line, another person can use his MB or ticket card to enter the line and ride again.
Or if I get 4 FOP ILL$ and he refuses to get ON the ride (this has happened a lot, he will say he definitely wants to ride it, gets in line or on the ride, and then panic and we have to leave) can we somehow stay in the ride queue and have the adult that left with him ride it? Normally I don't care but if I just spent $25 on ILL$ I don't want to have to leave and not get to ride it.
I believe that most rides have provision for this. For instance, a few years ago we had FP for RnR, and when DGS got to the loading dock he decided not to ride. He and DS were shown through an exit door. We rode, and when we got off they were waiting for us very close to the unloading area. DGS went with us while DS was allowed to load at that dock and ride by himself. I can't say that all rides are the same, so you might want to ask the CM at the entrance to the LL line, just to be sure.
Last option, if I buy 3 ILL$ and just say he's not riding, can we rider swap and let the 2nd adult that didn't ride the first time ride with our older kid instead of alone?
I'm not sure about that, if there's no "extra" IL$ that was purchased for your son but he isn't using. If he doesn't have an IL$, he won't be allowed to enter the line at all. Rider swap is more commonly used at standby lines, where most of the party goes through the SB line while one person waits with the nonrider (generally someone who's too short to ride, not simply too scared, although that varies too), and then the waiting person gets to use the LL to ride (and sometimes someone gets to ride twice and sometimes not).

Interesting experiences with ILL.

Knowing that the ILL you book never expire on the day of your visit (excluding Tron).
I have been noticing more warnings coming from the CMs at 7DMT.
Now they have always let me in after the warning, but today they said that the rule is you only get an additional hour after your return time.

I never head of such a thing before, but I figure it is something to be aware of.
I never received any CM grief at FOP or Guardians.
I will admit I have not heard of people purposely arriving late for their ILL$. The only reservation I am aware of CMs routinely ignoring the return time if GotG (once a VQ/ILL$ time has arrived).

I'm not sure being late for ILL$ is an acceptable routine.

What have others experienced with their purchased ILL$?

You can arrive late for almost any ILL$. They like your money and want you happy if tou spend it. TRON might be an exception due to the nighttime potential for massive crowding. 7DMT has also had some end of day issues... BUT I believe even with warnings cast members will allow you on. I've even heard you can be almost 2hrs late AFTER the hour is up and you'll still be let on like it's nothing (I've done it)... BUT if a ride goes down and stays down, you lose that booking and will not get an MEP. Good hack, but has some risks with the sketchiness of rides going down so much these days.

You can arrive late for almost any ILL$. They like your money and want you happy if tou spend it. TRON might be an exception due to the nighttime potential for massive crowding. 7DMT has also had some end of day issues... BUT I believe even with warnings cast members will allow you on. I've even heard you can be almost 2hrs late AFTER the hour is up and you'll still be let on like it's nothing (I've done it)... BUT if a ride goes down and stays down, you lose that booking and will not get an MEP. Good hack, but has some risks with the sketchiness of rides going down so much these days.
7DMT CMS are the only one that comments and warns if late, but they have always allowed you on.
For Guardians and FOP never has an issue or comment from the CMs.

Tron, I know not to be late for.

It is just odd that there are differences based on ILL attraction and makes a confusing system even more confusing.

7DMT CMS are the only one that comments and warns if late, but they have always allowed you on.
For Guardians and FOP never has an issue or comment from the CMs.

Tron, I know not to be late for.

It is just odd that there are differences based on ILL attraction and makes a confusing system even more confusing.
For people that follow the "rules" it's not confusing though - they just stress the time table unnecessarily... on the employee side, they have different tolerances for wiggle room depending Understandable for Tron and the fever for night time riding. 7DMT backs up really badly when they get hit with lots of LLs at once. It happened to us once. I got a cast member explaining it while stuck so close to riding with a fading MIL at end of day.... it was really really bad. But they allowed all the people on, who saved it for a quick go at park close.

Coming to Disney during Marathon weekend in Jan. We are staying offsite and so won’t be able to purchase Tron or GOTG $ILL until park open. Have these been selling out before park open? We will def try for VQ but would love to ride 2 times if possible.

Coming to Disney during Marathon weekend in Jan. We are staying offsite and so won’t be able to purchase Tron or GOTG $ILL until park open. Have these been selling out before park open? We will def try for VQ but would love to ride 2 times if possible.
It changes daily so my recommendation to offsite guests is to try as soon as you are eligible. These graphs from Thrill-Data.com show how long ILL$ were available for the past month.

Tron
IMG_5002.jpeg

Guardians
IMG_5003.jpeg

I'm so confused. I am only going to Epcot 1 day, no hopping. So If I participate in Genie +, I can book Guardians of the Galaxy, but then until that expires or is used, I can't book anything else, so Ratatouille may be missed all together? So what's the point. I guess.. I just don't think I know how this works

I'm so confused. I am only going to Epcot 1 day, no hopping. So If I participate in Genie +, I can book Guardians of the Galaxy, but then until that expires or is used, I can't book anything else, so Ratatouille may be missed all together? So what's the point. I guess.. I just don't think I know how this works
Guardians of the Galaxy is not available on G+. You can join the Virtual Queue or pay for it via the Individual Lightning Lane offering.

I agree; you're confused. As the prior poster mentioned, Guardians isn't even available on Genie+. Also, you list only two of the things that trigger being able to book another Genie+. There are more.

You are eligible to make a new Genie+ LL reservation whenever one of the following four things occur (special rules apply if the ride goes "down"):

1. You tap into your most recent G+ LL reservation
2. You cancel your most-recent G+ LL reservation
3. Your most-recent G+ LL reservation expires
4. Two park hours (i.e. hours the park is open) pass since making your most-recent G+ LL reservation

The 2-hour rule means that, even if your first LL reservation is not for hours after the park opens, you will be able to get your second reservation no later than two hours after park open. Likewise, you can get your third LL reservation no later than two hours after booking your second one, etc. Ratatouille is the most popular Genie+ LL in Epcot, but you'll be able to get it if you book it at 7:00 AM, even on a busy week. At two hours after park open, all the other Genie+ LLs at Epcot should be available most days. At four hours after park open, Ratatouille, Frozen Ever After, and Test Track may all be gone if it is a busy day. At that point, you may still be able to get the one you need be refreshing your screen until it shows up (presumably because someone else canceled it). Or you can just book one of the other available LLs. On busy days, you can save a lot of time getting LLs for Soarin' and the rest. On non-busy days, Test Track should may still be available four hours after park open. You can see at what times LLs ran out for the day here.

Genie+ is imperfect. You're not guaranteed to get all the rides you want without putting some extra effort into it. But it is useful.

1701710801889.png

Last edited:
Many have done this in the past but lately it seems there is some chatter that it may no longer be available. Hopefully someone will share their recent experience here.

I just tried and it wouldn’t let me and there are some available. My kids are there with their dad so we will just have to try for the VQ at 6 pm.

Can you purchase ILL for Tron during MVMCP if you only have a pa
Can you purchase ILL for Tron during MVMCP if you only have a party ticket? Can we book one for 4-6pm?

I just tried and it wouldn’t let me and there are some available. My kids are there with their dad so we will just have to try for the VQ at 6 pm.
I was able to get VQ for Tron on party night at 6pm for a group of 10. There is still hope! The only problem we had was that it coincided with the 10pm fireworks so we missed the fireworks show

I was able to get VQ for Tron on party night at 6pm for a group of 10. There is still hope! The only problem we had was that it coincided with the 10pm fireworks so we missed the fireworks show

They got the VQ! They’re 180 and they’re boarding for 144 right now. They’re hoping it doesn’t interfere with fireworks but we shall see!

I couldn’t book ill with just the party pass. Someone told me here that since I had a 3 day pass, I could switch my reservation to MK the day of the party, book the ill, and then switch my reservation back to a different day so I wouldn’t use my 3 day pass when I check in to the Christmas party. Worked like a charm! The risk would be if the reservations are full when you want to switch it back. They suggested Epcot or AK reservation, which is what I did! Love the help I got here!

Are you able to upgrade Genie+ if you originally buy it for one park but then want to use it to hop? Or downgrade if you buy it for multiple parks but only wind up using it in one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter