Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Thanks for the clarification, I think I'm mostly all set with Genie Plus now. I did have two more quick questions.

1) Are their any other benefits in concerns to Genie Plus and scheduling G+ LL that people staying at a Disney Delux Resort have? I think I read something awhile back on this but might be outdated information.

2) If everyone can book their first G+ LL at 7am and the Park doesn't officially open till 9am. Would a second G+ LL be available at 9am?

Mostly trying to figure if I can stack my 7am G+ LL for a ride in a park that I'll be Park Hopping to later on (modifying the time to later in the afternoon if\when possible). Although if you don't get a second G+ LL at 9am and I'd need to wait the 2 hours till 11am to get my next G+ LL, then I don't think that would be a good strategy.
Under the current rules, there is no advantage to being onsite when it comes to Genie+. With regard to purchasing ILLs, there is an advantage to being onsite, but no distinction between deluxe resorts and the moderates and values. Disney has announced, in very vague terms, that there are changes coming to Genie+. There are rumors the changes will give those staying onsite an advantage in making bookings. However, those are only rumors at this point.

The only way I know to be able to book your second G+ LL at 9:00 would be to get a first G+ LL with a return time of 9:00-10:00 and tap in to it at 9:00 sharp. For a desirable LL, you'd have to be very fast and lucky to get a 9:00 return time. You probably could get a 9:00 return time for a less-desirable ride if you wanted, but that only gets you the less-desirable ride as your "extra" ride for employing this strategy. If you're going to the parks early anyway, there can be benefits to picking up G+ LLs with early return times . . . as long as they are rides that you want to ride anyway and the LLs save you time. During the first hour after opening, the rides that have immediately-available return times probably have short standby lines too.

If you want to ride Slinky or Remy in your second park of the day without a long standby line, you may have to book them first. They may not be available at 11:00; they may not be available at 9:01.

Hiya,

Ok, so admission first... our last trip was during Covid. After that we have done Aulani a few times and sold our points to travel. Now I have spent the past week researching all the fun changes, then takebacks, plus more changes Disney has thrown around on the ever so popular spinning ride of plan your trip! Man a lot has happened!!!

I have the Genie + down, got it - will purchase.
I see you Disney and the extra $ you want for those of us who do not get a VQ.

Now...what I need to fully understand is a strategy for all of this for check in day. I will be coming over from Universal with the Mardi Gras celebration doing a few solo days. My first day will be at HS. I planned this one because I have my favorites and the rest I am just ok if I snag them or not. I also know RnR is down.

So if at Universal I book Genie at midnight.... come the next morning what time can I begin to book rides and what should I use for a check in strategy? I know I need to accommodate for the fun traffic (Monday) of the morning but I do plan on hoping over just as soon as I can. Since my room will not be ready yet, and we know they are not promised till later in the day, does this mean once I drop my luggage and head to the park that I need to wait till then to book Genie and $ or am I good to start stacking? I am also unsure what times I should honestly start aiming for incase something should come up. Traffic, bus waiting, anything...

TIA

Last edited:
Hiya,

Ok, so admission first... our last trip was during Covid. After that we have done Aulani a few times and sol our points to travel. Now I have spent the past week researching all the fun changes, then takebacks, plus more changes Disney has thrown around on the ever so popular spinning ride of plan your trip! Man a lot has happened!!!

I have the Genie + down, got it - will purchase.
I see you Disney and the extra $ you want for those of us who do not get a VQ.

Now...what I need to fully understand is a strategy for all of this for check in day. I will be coming over from Universal with the Mardi Gras celebration doing a few solo days. My first day will be at HS. I planned this one because I have my favorites and the rest I am just ok if I snag them or not. I also know RnR is down.

So if at Universal I book Genie at midnight.... come the next morning what time can I begin to book rides and what should I use for a check in strategy? I know I need to accommodate for the fun traffic (Monday) of the morning but I do plan on hoping over just as soon as I can. Since my room will not be ready yet, and we know they are not promised till later in the day, does this mean once I drop my luggage and head to the park that I need to wait till then to book Genie and $ or am I good to start stacking? I am also unsure what times I should honestly start aiming for incase something should come up. Traffic, bus waiting, anything...

TIA

Thankfully it's one of the easier parts about G+. You may purchase anytime after midnight and book first LL at 7AM.

TY, what time is a safe guess to book the first one for since I will be in route then checking in? I gather if I miss it due to lines or issues I am out right?

TY, what time is a safe guess to book the first one for since I will be in route then checking in? I gather if I miss it due to lines or issues I am out right?
It truly depends. If you hope to ride Slinky you will want to try at 7AM exactly. It normally fills extremely quickly. Others do not fill as fast.

Once you book a LL attraction you can modify it so if you're still en route you can attempt to modify your attraction to a later time or, change to a different attraction with a later return time.

Is the modify option easy to manage? FB vibes discourage it and that is where I am stuck booking my first so in a timely manner so I can 'stack'. BTW - you are a gem and I appreciate it.

Is the modify option easy to manage? FB vibes discourage it and that is where I am stuck booking my first so in a timely manner so I can 'stack'. BTW - you are a gem and I appreciate it.
Yes, the hardest part of modifying is just getting to the place in the app to do it. If you can manage that, you will be golden! (I have faith in you!)

On the "my day" tab within MDE app, if you scroll down you will see your plans for the day. This includes any LL/ILL you have booked but have not yet used. To modify, you will find the LL you wish to modify, in the upper right there will be three dots ( ... ) which you will tap. This will bring up a couple of options such as seeing your party, canceling, and the option to modify. Tap "Modify".

This will bring you to a new screen/view. This will look similar to the "tip board" in terms of seeing rides and LL times. The process of modifying is to simply tap the new time/ride you wish to modify your current LL to. Be aware that sometimes the time can change between what you see and by the time you tap/book the new time (for better or worse). Make sure you hit confirm and that's it! You have now modified your LL time!

If you wanna get fancy, you can swipe down on the modify view that shows possible new return times. This will refresh the page and sometimes you can get an earlier/different return time. This part isn't necessary and is sometimes what can add to confusion/ makes it slightly more complicated. But if you are feeling confident and comfortable with modifying, I'd say give it a shot and refresh the page!

As @genebean203.5 shared, sometimes it's finding it. There is a link to a good video on the modify post on page 1 of this thread. It's a good one to watch.

Once you find out how to do it, it's very easy!

So, this is your first trip using an AP and purchasing ILL. My question is: I understand that you can book 2 ILL per day. If it is a "good to go day" for AP's, are you able to purchase an ILL for both your first park and another one for the park that you plan to hop to later in the day? at 7:00 am? So, for example, 7DMT in the morning for MK and book FOP for AK. I would like to book both at 7:00 before heading to the parks. Thank you!

Upcoming trip staying on property I have Park reservations for Epcot the first day (Thru a sport event so park reservation are still required). Can I buy ILL for GOTG at say 7am and then immediately purchase ILL for FOP at AK since I plan to park hop later that day? Not sure if I need to tap in Epcot before being able to do this? TIA

So, this is your first trip using an AP and purchasing ILL. My question is: I understand that you can book 2 ILL per day. If it is a "good to go day" for AP's, are you able to purchase an ILL for both your first park and another one for the park that you plan to hop to later in the day? at 7:00 am? So, for example, 7DMT in the morning for MK and book FOP for AK. I would like to book both at 7:00 before heading to the parks. Thank you!
If you are staying onsite, you can book both ILL$ at 7AM.
Upcoming trip staying on property I have Park reservations for Epcot the first day (Thru a sport event so park reservation are still required). Can I buy ILL for GOTG at say 7am and then immediately purchase ILL for FOP at AK since I plan to park hop later that day? Not sure if I need to tap in Epcot before being able to do this? TIA
Yes you can purchase both at 7AM.

I am NOT staying on site. I plan to purchase Genie+ prior to 7am. At 7am can I schedule a LL for Expedition Everest and purchase an ILL for Avatar. Or do I need to wait until park opens to purchase the ILL for Avatar?

I am NOT staying on site. I plan to purchase Genie+ prior to 7am. At 7am can I schedule a LL for Expedition Everest and purchase an ILL for Avatar. Or do I need to wait until park opens to purchase the ILL for Avatar?
As you are not staying onsite, you will need to wait until park opening to purchase an ILL$ for Flight of Passage, if they are still available.

I'll be with a party of 11 in late June/early July of this year. My question is does having a party that large put us at a disadvantage with LL availability particularly first thing at 7:00 a.m.?

I'll be with a party of 11 in late June/early July of this year. My question is does having a party that large put us at a disadvantage with LL availability particularly first thing at 7:00 a.m.?
That is actually a perk of the current G+ system, you are not at a disadvantage because of your group size! The system (re: the app) can accommodate up to 12 people at a time. If, for whatever reason, someone doesn't get added to your group, just go up to one of the blue tent guest services and tell them that a member of your party didn't get added to your LL. They should be able to easily add them to your booked LL.

With regards to Tron, I read somewhere that they are currently permitting an extra hour to make your return time/reservation (so essentially a 2 hour window now instead of just 1); was this for the virtual queue or an $ILL?

With regards to Tron, I read somewhere that they are currently permitting an extra hour to make your return time/reservation (so essentially a 2 hour window now instead of just 1); was this for the virtual queue or an $ILL?
We have had one report of this but am not sure which it was for. Not sure I'd want to risk it personally but if others wish to share their recent experiences if they arrived over an hour late, that would be greatly appreciated!

Just reading through the first page and read this
"All guests (onsite and offsite) are eligible to book their first LL at 7:00 am. This can be done from any location, as long as you have a park reservation and park ticket for the day."
Do we still require a park reservation in order to buy G+ and ILL$? How about for joining virtual queues?
thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter