Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

If I'm hopping from AK to EP; is it better to use the bus or should I drive and use our car (we will have are car)? We are DVC members and staying at Poly on DVC points.
AK closes earlier than Epcot so that could be an issue. You may have to take a taxi/rideshare to get back to your car after AK closes

I assumed they meant drive to AK, drive to Epcot, drive to Poly. They didn't say anything about leaving the car at AK, if they drove.
Correct. Either (a) bus the entire trip like normal, or (b) car to AK then to Ep then back to Poly. I think we will just Bus. Thanks all.

For example- can you get to the first park at 12pm do one ride then hop over to the 2nd park by 2pm?

The wording has me so confused about Park Hopping to MK on weekends. I’m an AP holder and planned on going to AK on a Sunday morning for RD, then back to the resort to the pool and then to MK later on that evening to watch the fireworks. Is this allowed since I had the AK reservation that day or do I have to make a MK reservation for that whole day? The “except for Magic Kingdom on Saturday and Sunday” is throwing me off.

The wording has me so confused about Park Hopping to MK on weekends. I’m an AP holder and planned on going to AK on a Sunday morning for RD, then back to the resort to the pool and then to MK later on that evening to watch the fireworks. Is this allowed since I had the AK reservation that day or do I have to make a MK reservation for that whole day? The “except for Magic Kingdom on Saturday and Sunday” is throwing me off.
If you tap in at AK in the morning you can hop to MK after 2pm.

If you tap in at AK in the morning you can hop to MK after 2pm.
Thank you!! We are only going for 3 days and want to cram all the parks in, plus going to MNSSHP one night, but I knew I wanted to watch the regular MK fireworks for sure and Sunday night was our best option, but we also like to rope drop AK since it’s just a half day park for us anyways.

Thank you!! We are only going for 3 days and want to cram all the parks in, plus going to MNSSHP one night, but I knew I wanted to watch the regular MK fireworks for sure and Sunday night was our best option, but we also like to rope drop AK since it’s just a half day park for us anyways.
If you’re rope dropping AK (no reservation required as an AP) you’ll be good to hop to MK after 2:00.

If your plans change and you decide to only go to MK you will need a park reservation regardless of what time you arrive.

I currently have park hopping on my trip, but I cannot really decide if it is worth it for me. I am on a solo trip, 9 Days, with an 8 day ticket, two days in each park. I don't know that I really need the hopping, and that $90 might be better spent on Genie+? What do you suggest?

I currently have park hopping on my trip, but I cannot really decide if it is worth it for me. I am on a solo trip, 9 Days, with an 8 day ticket, two days in each park. I don't know that I really need the hopping, and that $90 might be better spent on Genie+? What do you suggest?
It really depends on how you like to tour. Do you like to stay in one park only? If so then you won’t need it.

If you like to visit more than one park or say, hop to Epcot for supper than it will be nice to have.

I don’t ever find that I ‘need’ to hop but since we’re staying at Pop and Epcot is just a Skyliner ride away, it’s a perk we enjoy.

Reactions: HCL
With an 8 day ticket I cant imagine not having park hoping, but that is how I do the parks. I usually get a 2 or 3 day ticket with hopper.

In the good old days before the 2PM BS I could do all 4 parks in a day and hit all the things I was interested in.
I find AK a half day at most. HS as well.

I like the flexibility of doing a park and then going to Epcot

I really wish they would just drop the 2PM and reservation thing and move on - I'm still on the fence about skipping Disney totally on my next trip

After Jan 9, will AP still have to wait until 2:00 pm to hop to another park? And will we still be unable to park hop. to the MK on weekends? Seems unfair if everyone else can go wherever and whenever they like. if you are staying at a WDW resort will the rules be different? Or do we simply not know yet?

After Jan 9, will AP still have to wait until 2:00 pm to hop to another park? And will we still be unable to park hop. to the MK on weekends? Seems unfair if everyone else can go wherever and whenever they like. if you are staying at a WDW resort will the rules be different? Or do we simply not know yet?
Disney has not announced changes to park hopping for any guests.

To clarify, AP are able to park hop to MK on the weekends. They just have to have a park reservation, at MK or any other park.

What they cannot do is enter MK after 2:00 without making a park reservation.

Disney has not announced changes to park hopping for any guests.But when you do not need park reservations, won't you be able to go to any park any time any day? Do you mean that once you scan into one park you will still not be able to hop to another park until 2:00 pm, even with park hoppers?
To clarify, AP are able to park hop to MK on the weekends. They just have to have a park reservation, at MK or any other park.

What they cannot do is enter MK after 2:00 without making a park reservation.
Ok, I'm officially confused. How is the MK on weekends different then? Because, I thought that AP holders had to have a park reservation to get in anywhere?

Ok, I'm officially confused. How is the MK on weekends different then? Because, I thought that AP holders had to have a park reservation to get in anywhere?
AP holders can enter a theme park after 2 pm without needing a park reservation except for the MK on weekends. To enter any park prior to 2 pm, AP holders will need a park reservation. AP holders can enter the MK at anytime on weekends with either a MK park reservation or by park hopping after 2 pm.

I am curious about this too!

ETA this link explains it better

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/#drawer-card-beyondJanuary

“ Starting with visits on January 9, 2024, theme park reservations will no longer be required for date-based tickets. A date-based ticket requires you to choose a start date when you purchase.
For other admission types, theme park reservations may be required.

No Theme Park Reservation Required

Date-based 1-day ticket
Date-based multi-day ticket
Vacation package with date-based tickets

Theme Park Reservation Required

Student group tickets
Sport and Convention ticket
Annual Pass
All other ticket types not mentioned above
For admission types requiring theme park reservations, be sure to check reservation availability prior to purchase. Please note that theme park reservations are limited in number and subject to availability. Availability can change until the theme park reservation is finalized.

Once you purchase your admission, you can make your theme park reservation(s).

Annual Passholders may visit the theme parks after 2:00 PM without a theme park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom park. Applicable pass blockout dates apply. Annual Passes are subject to the Walt Disney World Resort Annual Pass Terms and Conditions and are subject to change without notice.

Learn more about Annual Passholder theme park reservations.

Previously Booked Theme Park Reservations
Theme park reservations for visits on or after January 9, 2024 have been automatically removed for Guests with a date-based ticket. These reservations are no longer necessary and have been removed from the My Plans section in My Disney Experience.”

———————————

Here’s the link, but it isn’t clear to me either.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/a...kets,resort,passholder&defaultSegment=tickets

Last edited:
Thank you for the helpful posts, everybody!
AP holders can enter a theme park after 2 pm without needing a park reservation except for the MK on weekends. To enter any park prior to 2 pm, AP holders will need a park reservation. AP holders can enter the MK at anytime on weekends with either a MK park reservation or by park hopping after 2 pm.
Finally, I think that I understand! Thank you!
ETA this link explains it better

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/#drawer-card-beyondJanuary

“ Starting with visits on January 9, 2024, theme park reservations will no longer be required for date-based tickets. A date-based ticket requires you to choose a start date when you purchase.
For other admission types, theme park reservations may be required.

No Theme Park Reservation Required

Date-based 1-day ticket
Date-based multi-day ticket
Vacation package with date-based tickets

Theme Park Reservation Required

Student group tickets
Sport and Convention ticket
Annual Pass
All other ticket types not mentioned above
For admission types requiring theme park reservations, be sure to check reservation availability prior to purchase. Please note that theme park reservations are limited in number and subject to availability. Availability can change until the theme park reservation is finalized.

Once you purchase your admission, you can make your theme park reservation(s).

Annual Passholders may visit the theme parks after 2:00 PM without a theme park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom park. Applicable pass blockout dates apply. Annual Passes are subject to the Walt Disney World Resort Annual Pass Terms and Conditions and are subject to change without notice.

Learn more about Annual Passholder theme park reservations.

Previously Booked Theme Park Reservations
Theme park reservations for visits on or after January 9, 2024 have been automatically removed for Guests with a date-based ticket. These reservations are no longer necessary and have been removed from the My Plans section in My Disney Experience.”

———————————

Here’s the link, but it isn’t clear to me either.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/a...kets,resort,passholder&defaultSegment=tickets
YEP!! This is the post that started my confusion. Since I read it under a park hopping thread, I applied it to park hopping. So, I thought that you could park hop (after 2:00) to all parks except MK on the weekends. So, when I booked my. trip, I made reservations on Sat and Sun for MK so that I would be able to go there! LOL. Looks like I could have chosen where I wanted to go first instead.......

I did think that it was pretty unfair to keep AP's from hopping to the MK. I had been in the habit of getting an AP every year, but I have to say that I am sorry to have purchased this one. Never again! I HATE having to make park reservations - wish that I had kept the date based tickets.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter