Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

First time at WDW with the reservation system. I made our reservations already. The issue is we will undoubtedly sleep late or change our minds somehow on any given day. Can I change our park reservation in the morning when we wake up and decide we want a different park? We are visiting in September.

First time at WDW with the reservation system. I made our reservations already. The issue is we will undoubtedly sleep late or change our minds somehow on any given day. Can I change our park reservation in the morning when we wake up and decide we want a different park? We are visiting in September.
Please read post 1. Lots of helpful info there about changing park reservations.

Please read post 1. Lots of helpful info there about changing park reservations.
I did read it. I saw that I *can* change my reservation. My question was more about reservation availability in the month of September when making changes in the morning. Having never visited in September, though I know it is a less crowded month in general, I wondered if we would be able to change park reservations with ease.

I did read it. I saw that I *can* change my reservation. My question was more about reservation availability in the month of September when making changes in the morning. Having never visited in September, though I know it is a less crowded month in general, I wondered if we would be able to change park reservations with ease.
You will be fine. The only time reservations can be a challenge now are major holidays or high vacation times. Sept is neither of those.

I decided yesterday to take a quick trip this weekend. I made a reservation for Friday at MK (mainly to see HEA) but today I decided I want to eat dinner in Epcot first. But when I try to modify my reservation the only park I can modify to is DHS.

Do I have to go to MK first or as an AP can I go to any park after 2pm?

I decided yesterday to take a quick trip this weekend. I made a reservation for Friday at MK (mainly to see HEA) but today I decided I want to eat dinner in Epcot first. But when I try to modify my reservation the only park I can modify to is DHS.

Do I have to go to MK first or as an AP can I go to any park after 2pm?
AP holders can enter any park after 2 pm without needing a park reservation EXCEPT for the MK on Saturday & Sunday.

Last edited:
When you make park reservations, do you make them for each individual in your party or for the whole group? We have resort and park tickets all on one.
When I made our park reservations, both my self and my husband's name appear under one confirmation number. Should there be two confirmation numbers? I'm just worried I'm leaving him out.

Never mind! I think I figured it out. When I made the reservations, I specified both of us. I looked at the tab for modifying our park reservation and found both our names. Whew! this reservation thing makes me anxious. Glad it's going away.

Last edited:

D

Do you have the special ticket called "4-Day, 4-Park Magic" ticket? If so, you do not need a theme park reservation.

If you have a regular 4-day ticket and going any time before Jan. 9th you will need a theme park reservation for each park day.
Okay… thanks. I don’t have anything yet but was looking into the magic ticket. Thank you! What is the difference between the magic ticket and a regular 4-day?

Okay… thanks. I don’t have anything yet but was looking into the magic ticket. Thank you! What is the difference between the magic ticket and a regular 4-day?
The 4-day magic ticket is something Disney offers currently, and a perk of that ticket (prior to 1/9/24) is you don't need park reservations. I guess they know you're doing each park 1 day, so they're good with no park reservations for the next 7 months. Most other tickets will still require it until 2024. Some will still require it even after 1/9.

The 4-Day 4-Park Magic ticket:
  • 1 entry to each of the 4 parks on any 4 separate dates (no doubling up with 2 days at one park)
  • valid for 7 days from first use (any 4 days within that 7 day period)
  • no hopping, just 1 park per day
  • valid through Sept. 29, 2023
  • special low price

A regular 4-day ticket:
  • you choose the "start date" and the ticket is valid for 6 days from that date (any 4 days within that 6 day period)
  • you may enter any of the 4 parks on the 4 days of your ticket, but may need a theme park reservation (if prior to Jan. 9th)
  • this is the "regular" ticket most commonly sold
  • ability to add on the park-hopper option so you can visit more than 1 park in a day
  • ability to add on water parks and fun option

The 4-Day 4-Park Magic ticket:
  • 1 entry to each of the 4 parks on any 4 separate dates (no doubling up with 2 days at one park)
  • no hopping, just 1 park per day
  • valid through Sept. 29, 2023
  • special low price

A regular 4-day ticket:
  • you choose the "start date" and the ticket is valid for 6 days from that date
  • you may enter any of the 4 parks on the 4 days of your ticket, but may need a theme park reservation (if prior to Jan. 9th)
  • this is the "regular" ticket most commonly sold
  • ability to add on the park-hopper option so you can visit more than 1 park in a day
  • ability to add on water parks and fun option
Very helpful. Thank you!

Hi all,
I am a bit concerned, but I think I am okay? My family can only go to the parks one day before our cruise and we chose Epcot. I bought us the one day, one park ticket and it made me chose Epcot AND which day. It never asked about a reservation and I cannot find where to make one. We are going in 13 days. It felt like by picking the park and day I was making a reservation while I was booking my ticket. Do we have reservations or am I going to have a problem when we show up on our park day?

Hi all,
I am a bit concerned, but I think I am okay? My family can only go to the parks one day before our cruise and we chose Epcot. I bought us the one day, one park ticket and it made me chose Epcot AND which day. It never asked about a reservation and I cannot find where to make one. We are going in 13 days. It felt like by picking the park and day I was making a reservation while I was booking my ticket. Do we have reservations or am I going to have a problem when we show up on our park day?
1 day tickets come with an automatic park reservation to the park you chose. You’re all set to go!

Enjoy your day at Epcot and your cruise!!

If you have a park reservation for say July 4th, are you guaranteed to get into the park regardless of what time you arrive?

Park Reservation has this language

”Park entry is subject to capacity closures and other restrictions. This park reservation does not hold monetary value and no refunds will be issued if it is not used. A park reservation does not guarantee park entry or access to any experience, attraction or dining location”.

Theoretically, yes. If you have a park pass reservation, Disney knows you're coming and should account for that in calculations about park capacity. However, as @Disneydawg74 noted, there is language that states entry is not guaranteed (though I think that is more of a 'CYA' for Disney than an indication you wouldn't get in the park. It's rare that parks hit capacity, and those with park pass reservations should be allowed in.

If you have a park reservation for say July 4th, are you guaranteed to get into the park regardless of what time you arrive?
There has never been a time that a guest has reported having a park reservation and been denied park entry. Something like that would spread like wildfire among the bloggers if it ever happened.

I would not be concerned at all. Even park hopping was only stopped once for a few hours on its 50th anniversary date and reopened after a short amount of time.

I would not anticipate any challenges. Park reservations have now been in place for almost 3 years so that’s a lot of history.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter