Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

We're only planning on one park day during our August trip and I would like to get the 1 day memory maker for it. I'm still a little confused after reading as to when to purchase it. Can it be purchased in advance or is it better to wait on the day of. If you wait on the day of, can you just purchase it directly from the app?

Do you purchase Memory Maker when you visit WDW? is it good value? pros and cons?

interested in any feedback!

EVERY trip I take to Disney, every 3-4 years, I purchase MM. On our trip in 2019, that was the BEST Memory Make trip I've had. It was just my son and I and when I got home to download my photos, I had over 400 of them. 431 if I remember correctly!!! We did A LOT of character greets so that accounts for so many pics. We also did more photo shoots in the "special areas" around each park. Of course the ride photos helped. The trip prior to 2019, 2015, I think we only got 200+ pics, I'd have to go back and look at the album here on my computer. Regardless, every year I've been MORE than happy with what we've gotten for what I paid!!! The $169 was WELL spent!
Some pics took a little longer to load to my MDE account than others, but for the most part all were pretty doggone fast getting there. I think the only ones I "panicked" on were our first set of Tinkerbell photos on our first day at MK. Took near 24 hours for those to show. I was wondering if their new box photos had something to do with it, but when we went the next time to MK, those photos dropped in near immediately.

We’re staying at Coronado in Casitas. I want to get to MK an hour before opening... so 7 am. Idk what option is best:

1) bus: if so what time to line up at resort? 6:15? 6:30? What time will buses start running? Do they go to other resorts or straight to MK? So what time would we get there?

2) Uber to TTC: if so what time? I hear they’ll hold cars out of parking lot until certain time, what time is that? Then what time will boat or mono start running and which option is better?

3) Uber to GF: I have an ADR for 7:30. Couldn’t get earlier but hoping we could Uber earlier, would they let us in at 6:30? I’m thinking of eating the cancellation fee and just walking to MK from GF. How long is the walk on the new path? UPDATE: we also have an ADR at the Wave, shorter walk but I hear there’re pickier, are they less likely to let us in early?

This one piece is causing me the most stress of the entire trip. I get conflicting info everywhere I look about what to do. Almost to the point of saying eff rope drop and sleeping in which is something I’ve never done. 🤣 Help please but only give advice of you’ve experienced this in the past few months with the way things are running now. TIA!!

We used the bus from Gran Destino Tower two weeks ago.

On Monday we were at the bus stop at 6:39 and on the bus at 6:45. We were the second but to arrive at the MK and they held us for a few minutes before letting us off.

On Thursday we were at the bus stop at 6:33 and on the bus at 6:47. Again the second bus there.

Gran Destino is the 4th stop and Casitas is the first so I'd add a good ten minutes to those times to be safe.

Went to WDW in 2016 and we had magicbands. Planning to go in Dec. 2021.We have 14 in our group and are planning to separate at the parks because of health issues, newbies, etc. We won't have magic bands. How do park tickets work for photo pass pictures? Do they tap/scan their ticket when they get on ride like Test Track?

Went to WDW in 2016 and we had magicbands. Planning to go in Dec. 2021.We have 14 in our group and are planning to separate at the parks because of health issues, newbies, etc. We won't have magic bands. How do park tickets work for photo pass pictures? Do they tap/scan their ticket when they get on ride like Test Track?

I can only remember tapping my band to capture my picture on the screen when my son and I exited rides that had the photo capture. Some were automatic to my MDE account. Others you had to tap your band when you exited the ride once you saw your pic. My magic band was my ticket, so I'm sorry I can't be of more help with an actual ticket and the ride photos.

We are going a three stay split stay over 10 days in June. If I purchase Memory Maker, will it be good for the entire trip or just for one of the resort stays? Also, our group is in 2 different units for part of the stay. Do they just need to be in MDE or do we all need to be on the same reservation? Thanks!

Hi!.. I have already purchase the memory maker for our summer trip, I can see it in my account at the webpage but not at the Disney experience app..

Should I do something to add it in the app?

thanks

Hi!.. I have already purchase the memory maker for our summer trip, I can see it in my account at the webpage but not at the Disney experience app..

Should I do something to add it in the app?

thanks
I don’t believe there’s anything to do with adding to the app. It is already included in the app once purchased. After your pics start coming through on the app you’ll see them in Photos and can then activate them. There will be an activate button once your pictures start. Not sure why they’ve never made it obvious that it’s included on the app though, so I understand your confusion.

I don’t believe there’s anything to do with adding to the app. It is already included in the app once purchased. After your pics start coming through on the app you’ll see them in Photos and can then activate them. There will be an activate button once your pictures start. Not sure why they’ve never made it obvious that it’s included on the app though, so I understand your confusion.
Thanks!

Will be good entire stay. When go and get first picture started, you will get to activate to start unlocking (loses the water mark). You get 30 days of use and think up to 45 days before pictures expire. We just bought one at the pre-trip discount on my wife’s MDE account. She scanned magicband each time at photographer and handled all the pictures and downloads. Pictures from rides and special enhanced videos also showed up!! Remember to get the super zoom shots at HS, MK, and AK!!!

Will be good entire stay. When go and get first picture started, you will get to activate to start unlocking (loses the water mark). You get 30 days of use and think up to 45 days before pictures expire. We just bought one at the pre-trip discount on my wife’s MDE account. She scanned magicband each time at photographer and handled all the pictures and downloads. Pictures from rides and special enhanced videos also showed up!! Remember to get the super zoom shots at HS, MK, and AK!!!

I know about the MK zoom shot in the hub and the AK zoom shot by the tree of life, but where is the HS zoom shot?

I
I know about the MK zoom shot in the hub and the AK zoom shot by the tree of life, but where is the HS zoom shot?
The HS one is in Galaxy’s Edge out front of Docking Bay 7 overlooking the Millennium Falcon!! In AK the zoom we took is by Expedition Everest!

We are making our first trip to WDW in 2 weeks. I wasn't planning on buying MM, but since they started allowing maskless pics outdoors, I decided to pull the trigger. We are staying off site, not planning on buying magic bands. My husband does have an apple phone. What is the process of linking pictures? Will ride photos automatically link to his phone? Is it better for at least one of us to have a magic band? Sorry for the newbieness, we are DL regulars and WDW is a foreign land.

What is the process of linking pictures? Will ride photos automatically link to his phone? Is it better for at least one of us to have a magic band?

Up until a few weeks ago, you had to either have a Magic band or go to the Photopass desk in the park and have them search out your photo and link it.
Now, before you get on a ride, open the mydisneyexperience app on your phone AND turn on bluetooth. That should link your photos.

We are going a three stay split stay over 10 days in June. If I purchase Memory Maker, will it be good for the entire trip or just for one of the resort stays? Also, our group is in 2 different units for part of the stay. Do they just need to be in MDE or do we all need to be on the same reservation? Thanks!

Memory Maker includes all your Disney PhotoPass media from within 30 days from the date of first activation.

One person (you) is the Memory Maker owner who is the only one who can download photos.

You can download your own photos and those of up to 25 members of your family and friends list in mydisneyexperience. They don't have to be on the same reservation or in the same park as you. Just be sure you have all linked your mydisneyexperience accounts via the friends and family list and everyone has accepted the invitation to share.

First day, and Haunted Mansiion and 7DMT both only showed a single picture of someone else in the “pick a photo” portion of memory maker.

Do I need to tap in or do something Right after the ride? 4 more days, but would like to get this resolved….

Many thanks!

We will be at Disney World next month (June ) to celebrate our 19th anniversary. The first day we will be at Magic Kingdom. How can I surprise my wife and 2 daughters that I have booked us a Disney Cruise (Our 1st cruise ever) for May 2022 to celebrate our 20th anniversary even though it is over a year away while we are in Magic Kingdom.
Thanks
No Capture the moment for my dates.

First day, and Haunted Mansiion and 7DMT both only showed a single picture of someone else in the “pick a photo” portion of memory maker.

Do I need to tap in or do something Right after the ride? 4 more days, but would like to get this resolved….

Many thanks!
There is no preview screen or tap point at the end of the ride for HM or 7DMT. Those rides are two of the handful of rides that only link to your account if you're wearing a Magic Band while on the ride (Pirates is another one). If you were wearing a Magic Band, and it still didn't link to your account, then you might need to contact PhotoPass support (FAQ link below) with the date and approximate time you were on the ride.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/photopass/missing-photos/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter