Exchangers-Come here and chat with us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Mother's Day is coming up next month, what do you plan on giving your mom, mother in law...., and if you are a mom, what type of gift would you like to recieve if you were able to choose something?

My mom will be getting the standard $40 flowers. My Mother-In-Law, we will spend the weekend with her. It's close to her birthday and the only thing she wants is time with the kids. That's an easy one to do.

Me, I would love for someone to the :laundy: for me, but otherwise, just spending a quiet weekend with the ILs will be good.

Since Mother's Day is coming up next month, what do you plan on giving your mom, mother in law...., and if you are a mom, what type of gift would you like to recieve if you were able to choose something?

Oohhh...good question! Maybe I can get ideas from you guys! :goodvibes MIL is hard to buy for. My stepmom is easier--she golfs, so I'll go to the outlets and get her an outfit.

I like getting something the boys have picked out, even if it's strange. :love:

Ugh, I have no idea. They both live in a different state then us so it's hard to get them gifts. Usually some thing easy to send like a gift card.

For myself, I don't want anything since we are going to Disneyland and SoCal for a week in June and I'd prefer to save the money for that. :)

I don't usually exchange gifts with my mom. We just get together for dinner, that's our gift to each other. Now for me, I like to be taken out to breakfast by my family. This will be the first mother's day since my MIL died.

I don't usually exchange gifts with my mom. We just get together for dinner, that's our gift to each other. Now for me, I like to be taken out to breakfast by my family. This will be the first mother's day since my MIL died.

:grouphug: hope you all can share fond memories of your MIL on her first year anniversary.

I had gotten my mom a comforter set since she is not into flowers, and is more into practical items like me.

As for recieving something from my kids...not sure if that will happen, but I would prefer a giftcard.

Hmmm...not sure what I'm getting my mom this year. My MIL will get a card and that's it (don't get me started about her:sad2: )

I usually always get my sister something from my kids because she is their God-mother.

This year my wedding anniversary falls on Mother's Day...not likely that I'll get 2 gifts from DH:rotfl2:

Really I'm easy, I'd just like to go out and get ice cream with the kids and watch the sun set.

Kimba

Haven't posted here in a while so here it goes,

We always take our parents out to dinner/dinner show for a combined mother's day and father's day celebration. Every year I ask for annuals to plant in my flower garden, My DH and boys go out and pick out the flowers for our gardens. Plus, they help plant them all.

I have never seen someone stealing from a store and hope that I would contact a store employee should I see someone stealing. Just being honest..... I have taught my children that stealing is bad. This kind of situation is like the one's where would you stop to render aid, would you report abuse, etc. You know what you should do, what you would want yourself to do but until it actually happens, you really don't know what you would do.

If you had seen someone steal something from a store, what would you do?
I'm not sure. And the only reason I would hesitate to say anything is because I'd be worried they'd need some sort of statement from me and the person would know I was the one who said something.

I'd be worried about retaliation of some sort. That might sound silly, but especially around here, sometimes it's best not to get involved. That's a sad thing to say, I know, but it's just the truth. :sad2:

If it was something more hands off like calling in to report a crime that's different. I called the police once on the neighbors across the street from us in CA. The guy was mean and abusive to his elderly mother and I could hear him threatening and cursing at her all the way in my house! :mad: There was no way I was going to let that go.

If you were to throw a Disney party for a family or friend, who would it be for, and which one Disney character would you pick to bring in the birthday cake while singing happy birthday to the birthday person?

Oh, that one is EASY!!

It would be for ME and I would have Captain Jack Sparrow sing to me.

I would want it to be mine, and since I"m the only girl in the family and don't get to do any "Princess" stuff at the parks, I'd want Cinderella...or maybe Prince Charming!

BTW...has anyone tried for ADRs lately? Today is 180 out for me, and I called the CRO #s this morning...wanted to see what time it opened!...and I get a msg saying the # is not valid. :scared1:

(I know...I have to edit my ticker. We got better flights/rates for Fri instead of Sat. I get an extra day!)

Make your Advance Reservations for Disney restaurants by calling 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463) 180 days in advance. Disney's Central Reservation Office, or CRO (407-W-DISNEY), can also make your Advance Reservations.

Is that the number you called?
Almost time to make mine :hyper: Guess I better bet them figured out :rolleyes:

Make your Advance Reservations for Disney restaurants by calling 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463) 180 days in advance. Disney's Central Reservation Office, or CRO (407-W-DISNEY), can also make your Advance Reservations.

Is that the number you called?
Almost time to make mine :hyper: Guess I better bet them figured out :rolleyes:

Yep, those are the numbers I called. It still tells me the # is not valid. (10am) But I found a toll free one that works: 800-711-4344 which is a good # to keep.

BUT, I'm a :goofy: , cause even tho a CM told me I could book them on 4/17 for 10/17 when I added on a day, it's not really 180 days...I have to wait til Monday.

Thought I'd liven things up and try some new ones this trip. :goodvibes

I always use the toll free number ;) But was too lazy to go find it :teeth:
We always try to try some new places.....it is getting harder to find some.

I had an old toll free one, apparently I need to update my stuff once in awhile. It directed me to a new one....and that didn't work either. I was starting to think it was me! (The main # still says invalid for me... :goodvibes )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter