Excluding a B2B what's your shortest time between cruises?

I have four cruises currently booked but ghe closest inbetween I have is December 28-January 2 on RCCL Independence and then beginning January 30, 8 nights on CCL Breeze.

We booked 3N beginning of Feb for DH and I on magic and 7n eastern on Fantasy for whole family begin of Sept. Our first cruise was the Wonder this past March, I can't wait to get back on!!

Had to review my signature to figure it out! Looks like 4 and a half months between Dream and Fantasy, then 2 and a half months to Disney Wonder in Alaska, then 3 months to the Wonder from Vancouver to LA.

A few years back we had a summer cruise rescheduled because of flooding weather where we lived, Disney graciously rescheduled us for late fall. We already had another booked on the same ship, so we had a great cruise and 2 weeks later had another great cruise! Fun to see the looks on the CMs faces when we came back.

May 2012 15 night Hawaii then September 2012 7 night Alaska! It was Awesome! But they weren't the same cruise line so does that still count? :confused3

Our shortest was 3 weeks. The only downside was that when we got home it seemed waaayyy too long to wait 8 months until our next scheduled cruise. lol

The shortest time in between non B2B cruises I had was one day. I sailed on the Magic 9/2/12 - 9/7/12 (Canada cruise out of NYC) and then flew down to MCO after I disembarked and stayed at the MCO Hyatt that night before boarding the Fantasy the next morning.

The kicker was that the contract entertainers did pretty much the same thing because they followed me from the Magic to the Fantasy and I didn't even get to enjoy different variety acts.

As I type this I am on the Oasis of the Seas just approaching St. Thomas. We return to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, and 7 days later I will be departing Copenhaggen on the Magic. So 7 days.

And I was on the Fantasy from May 2-9, so within just over a month I will have done 3 7-night cruises. I see why my friends say I'm obsessed.

The shortest was about 2 1/2 months in 2011. We booked the Wonder 2-night (late Jan) when it first arrived in Los Angeles and then we did a B2B on the Dream in early April.
Second shortest was about 3 months last year when I did the 2-night Wonder in May out of San Diego and then was back on the Wonder in August for Alaska.

But those little 2-nighters are just weekend getaways so it wasn't like 2 big vacations that close together.

I was not disappointed at all! To be fair the only time I HAVE felt that way is when we did a trip over winter break to Hawaii (no cruise) just to have another week in WDW w/ a 3 night cruise three weeks later. I was still not ready for another vacation that soon - its a lot of work getting packed, flying so far, and having to deal with dropping our pets off all over, not to mention the strain on our bank accounts! Not that I am not trying it again this year... we are doing a land vacation over winter break again and then cruising end of January... I'm hoping the lack of flights in December will help. Its not MY fault that my birthday is so soon after our mandated winter break! ;)

I know I'm speaking to the right crowd for this question :mickeyjum

I booked a 3 day on the Dream for December 2016 and I really want to book a 7 day on the Fantasy for Spring Break 2017. This will be roughly 4 months in between. DH is giving me the look that that is "too much too soon". I feel like these are two different cruises (well other than the obvious that they ARE two different cruises). The 3 day will allow us to experience the Christmas decorations. We have been on the Dream once before so the 7 day would allow us to experience the Fantasy.

What do you think? What's been your shortest time in between cruises and did you get the feeling like it was too much (like "I feel like I was just here" but not in a super excited way)?

My personal shortest, not counting a B2B, was 2 1/2 months in 2008, but I know someone who got off the Fantasy on a Saturday and boarded the Dream the next day...

We almost pulled off the 365-day DCL Grand Slam in 2012-2013... We boarded the Fantasy for her MV on March 30, 2012, sailed the Magic out of NYC in July 2012, sailed on the DVC Member Cruise aboard the Dream in January 2013 and had the Wonder booked out of Miami in March 2013 (we would have stepped off the Wonder on March 29th), but had to cancel that one due to unforeseen circumstances.

Last edited:
I am so glad to read this. I just booked a 3 day cruise on the Dream, going to Disney for 4 days and then another 3 day cruise. They are both surprises for my son. I was starting to wonder if I was crazy for booking like that.

I am so glad to read this. I just booked a 3 day cruise on the Dream, going to Disney for 4 days and then another 3 day cruise. They are both surprises for my son. I was starting to wonder if I was crazy for booking like that.
Not at all. We booked our Dream cruise for the same timeframe as our Fantasy B2B. Mostly because, we're just not into short cruises, and we felt that by tying it to a Fantasy cruise (with a couple of days at WDW between) it wouldn't seem as bad. And that way we were able to complete our Grand Slam. :teeth:

Shortest time between non B2B cruises? For non-DCL, about 7 hours. First cruise was out of Ft. Lauderdale. Second cruise was out of Tampa. We drove. It was ... an interesting experience. It sounded good on paper, but never again. I'm too old and far too tired for those kinds of shenanigans! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter