• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Excursions

***SandieUK***

Florida Fan
I have been looking at the pre-bookable excursions in the Virgin Holidays brochure and we are thinking about doing the two-day Miami/Bahamas cruise. I like the idea of someone else doing the driving and we can just sit back, enjoy the view and see more of Florida. Has anyone done this one? Also, what other excursions do the hotels offer apart from the usual Orlando attractions? Has anyone done the Naples/Everglades tour? Any comments or tips welcomed!

I've done the Naples one and really enjoyed it. It is a long day but we did the airboat ride and the swap buggy tour and loved it. Naples is a lovely place and you eat your lunch(provided by the hotel) practically on the beach. Very enjoyable and informative day.

We are doing the Miami one this year when we go at Christmas.

.. a friend of mine did the Naples excursion with her family and her sister's family - they all enjoyed it very much except for her sister who gets seasick on any boat, and sure enough she was very unwell.
Naples is very pretty - it is quite a way from Orlando, but they didn't seem to mind.

Hi Sandie

I have been to the Everglades and it was wicked, I was based in Miami when i went and it was pretty much one of the highlights of the holiday and I am not a getting back to nature kind of girlie more of you trailing round malls but I LOVED IT....

I also did the Miami/Bahams trip back in 95 and it was well worth the money, I know it has changed since I went as we stayed in Miami I think it was the sunny isles and went to Bayside which is lovely.

When I went this time Sep 01 I did the 2 day miami trip and even though the hotel was lovely we stayed in the Art Deco District (Richmond Hotel) I felt pretty nervous as it had a moody atmospher and I would rather stay out of that area. My boyfriend and I went for a meal which was horrible and expensive we headed back early as I thought we were going to mugged. We were there just after Sep 11 and it was quiet only about 20 people in our hotel and they were all the ones on the trip so that probably had something to do with it.

Consider where you are staying would be my advice. Beaches are pucker though

That was my 3rd visit to miami and it did put me off, but I would go back to the other areas Coconut Grove, Sunny Isles etc

Have fun

Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter