Expanding Disney's Hollywood Studios

Elijah Abrams

Mouseketeer
The 2032 CFTOD Comprehensive Plan lists the land between the parking lot of Disney's Hollywood Studios and Victory Way as "marginally unsuitable", which now makes it possible for a major expansion of DHS, along with building a new parking lot! One of my ideas was for the park to return to making films/shows by building a new studio facility (no new tram tour, however). With that, the park could be renamed to Disney Studios Florida (or perhaps Walt Disney Studios Florida). What would be your ideas?

The 2032 CFTOD Comprehensive Plan lists the land between the parking lot of Disney's Hollywood Studios and Victory Way as "marginally unsuitable", which now makes it possible for a major expansion of DHS, along with building a new parking lot! One of my ideas was for the park to return to making films/shows by building a new studio facility (no new tram tour, however). With that, the park could be renamed to Disney Studios Florida (or perhaps Walt Disney Studios Florida). What would be your ideas?
I always like The Great Movie Ride that ran for years. Maybe reprise that?

As far as movie-making, recall that when Disney-MGM Studios first opened in 1989, there was a "satellite" animation studio there. It closed in 2004. Mulan was produced there.

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Walt_Disney_Animation_Florida

To me, a major drawback to doing movie-making in Florida instead of California is the climate. That would be problematic for employees who have lived in Cali all their lives.

I always like The Great Movie Ride that ran for years. Maybe reprise that?

As far as movie-making, recall that when Disney-MGM Studios first opened in 1989, there was a "satellite" animation studio there. It closed in 2004. Mulan was produced there.

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Walt_Disney_Animation_Florida

To me, a major drawback to doing movie-making in Florida instead of California is the climate. That would be problematic for employees who have lived in Cali all their lives.
Perhaps they could build a Toontown in DHS featuring Runaway Railway, Roger Rabbit, Gadget Coaster, How-to-Play Yard, Duck Pond, and (exclusive to Florida) a Cartoon Studio Tour ride that takes a fantasy and comedic look at how cartoons and feature animation are made, and even features mentions, Easter eggs, and appearances of Disney TVA shows past and present like Gummi Bears, Bonkers, DuckTales, Goof Troop, Gargoyles, Kim Possible, Pepper Ann, Recess, Phineas and Ferb, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Amphibia, The Owl House, Big City Greens, Kiff, etc.! The current Runaway Railway would be replaced with a new version of The Great Movie Ride.

I also understand why Disney should stick to having studio facilities in California.

On second thought, FORGET ABOUT THIS THREAD! The 2032 plan has been ABOLISHED after Disney and CFTOD agreed to settle their differences, and have gone back to the 2020 plan, which classifies the area between DHS and Victory Way "unsuitable"! My hopes have died! Just lock the thread already.

On second thought, FORGET ABOUT THIS THREAD! The 2032 plan has been ABOLISHED after Disney and CFTOD agreed to settle their differences, and have gone back to the 2020 plan, which classifies the area between DHS and Victory Way "unsuitable"! My hopes have died! Just lock the thread already.
Dooooooohhhhhhh!

That land is marked unsuitable, but it was released from the conservation easement a while back and they have built the new entrance road the skyline towers on it, so it's likely open for more development. They could push parking out into that area and use the current lots for expansion.

That land is marked unsuitable, but it was released from the conservation easement a while back and they have built the new entrance road the skyline towers on it, so it's likely open for more development. They could push parking out into that area and use the current lots for expansion.
I'm now thinking that the park should be expanded into the area I highlighted here, even if it means getting rid of the Olaf lot:
Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 12.10.09 AM.png
The issue with an entire expansion into the other areas of the conservation land is that the boat river, Skyliner, park entrance/security check, bus loop, and parking tram route are in the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter