Experience with 2-year old turning 3?

rmkfan1

Earning My Ears
As I understand it, my two-year old will not need park tickets or FP+ during our trip even though she turns 3 one day after we arrive. Is that correct? Does anyone have any actual experience/tips with this situation? Do you just tell them she's 2 the whole trip to avoid the confusion about this rule (or do the workers at the rides not even bother to ask if they look like they're around that age)? I'd just buy her a ticket and get separate FP+ if it's going to be a hassle to explain throughout the trip. Of course I'll be clear that she's 3 at any buffet.

My son turned 3 in WDW 2 years ago. He didn't need a ticket for our entire trip and we never paid for his buffets. When I looked into it, I was told that you don't age when you are on a Disney vacation. No one ever asked about his age, and he never needed a separate FP.

Same as PP. My son turned 3 on our trip last year and we never paid for buffets or tickets and he never had FP. He just squeaked by the 40in height requirement so we felt like we hit got really lucky in that he got to experience almost all the rides at Disney and we didn't even have to pay for him. I'm currently pregnant with a baby due Inn january. I'm already mentally planning a Christmas trip right before his 3rd birthday. Between tickets and buffets you can save a bundle of money!

My daughter turned 3 at Disney as well, we paid for nothing for her. No tickets, no buffet meals, she needed no fast passes, etc. No one asks questions, only asked about birthday because she was wearing a button.

Same. My son turned 3 one day into our trip earlier this year. Never got tickets, FP+, paid for buffets, etc. Also, the buffets were never even an issue b/c when you make the reservations in advance (if your child already has a MDE profile) they are still listed as 2.

My son even wore a birthday button and most cast members just said Happy Birthday, with very few asking his age or if the day was actually his birthday.

Even though I knew the policy, I was still concerned about having any issues, as I hear occasional reports of a hassle from uninformed cast members. My solution (which I think I only said once or twice, to avoid possible issues) was just to say "He turns 3 later in the trip" b/c technically that was the truth.

But basically I worried for nothing, and we had a great trip.

However, I did just have to pay for his first annual pass...

Even though I knew the policy, I was still concerned about having any issues, as I hear occasional reports of a hassle from uninformed cast members. My solution (which I think I only said once or twice, to avoid possible issues) was just to say "He turns 3 later in the trip" b/c technically that was the truth.
Everyone i ran into had the exact same explanation about her age, "if she is 2 years old when the reservation started, then she is considered 2 years old the entire trip" Everyone was actually very well informed, it must be a pretty common thing there :)

Thanks, all. That's a good surprise on the buffets. Already taking a hit with a 10-year old "adult" this trip, so not having to pay for the one turning 3 will make up for that.

If the kid is two when you get there, then just say two years old if asked. Your not cheating it's the system they have put in place. Don't say three at buffets because you really shouldn't be charged because the child was 2 when you checked in and your vacation started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter