Experience with medicine for motion sickness

Hi all! My mother gets motion sickness on simulators and rollercoasters - especially things that spin! I'm trying to get her to venture out more so she can enjoy more of what Disney has to offer (including RoTR which I think she would get motion sickness from). Has anyone had a good experience using a motion sickness medicine like dramamine or another that is good for people who have moderate to severe motion sickness? Thank you!

Bring the Dramamine and see how she feels...I have personally used Dramamine "Less Drowsey" formula. I get vertigo so it's definitely a MUST for me. I take one in the morning and see how I feel as the day progresses. Sometimes I can feel it before the day even begins and other times I'm just fine. I avoid the spinning (like teacups)..because I always feel there's no need to tempt fate.

Your mother may be able to tolerate rides like splash mountain or jungle cruise and peter pans flight using Dramamine. It's really a matter of how she feels personally day to day and on a ride by ride basis as well as her personal tolerance level as some movements are more inducing than others. My mother went for years thinking she couldn't ride anything due to experiencing motion sickness but CAN tolerate Thunder Mountain Rail Road, Splash Mountain and Soarin...yet she has a difficult time with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and simulation rides like Pandora.

I hope this helps!

I used to take Dramamine for every trip but I’d be sooo tired for the first couple hours of the day (even with the “non drowsy” version).

I started using this patch and it’s a total game changer for me. I’m not tired anymore and I can ride anything. I still have a tough time with Star Tours and Mission Space but the feeling goes away within a couple minutes vs the couple hours I used to deal with.
https://www.amazon.com/MQ-Motion-Si...words=transdermal+patch&qid=1580154850&sr=8-4

I’ve considered trying out the sea bands too...so maybe I’ll add those in this trip.

I use Gravol with ginger, I bring this down with me from Canada as i have not been able to see it in US. It helps with 90% of the rides but the simulators still get me.. Havent found anything that really helps on them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter