Experiencing the Reimagined Top of the World Lounge - A Villains Lair!

If you’d be willing to branch out into something else in CR if you got shut out, sure it would. I’d give it a try.

You're right, technically. However, is it worth it to go over there on the off chance that there will be any access left. I'm not interested in just standing outside waiting for the fireworks. In the past I've gone and had a glass of wine and a snack, maybe a second glass of wine after fireworks. I don't drink sugary cocktails and rarely eat dessert. Just another fireworks dessert party, if you ask me.

I guess It will depend on where you are staying as to whether it’s worth it to try. But I have gone plenty of times and couldn’t get a seat so we left. So that isn’t really anything new that didnt happen before.

Now, if we want to visit, we may very well opt for this to take the place if a sit down meal that day.

I'll make a prediction. The $55.00 reservations will sell out every night and there will be no first come first serve access.

Any other predictions?
I’m actually very curious about this. I’m interested to see what happens. DVC Members are known for cutting corners when they can and not putting up additional funds like Disney wishes they would. For example, when Copper Creek opened, they had some expensive and exclusive events at Reunion Station that they were hoping would be money makers. DVC’ers didn’t pony up the cash. I know it’s an apples to oranges comparison, but behind the scenes, it’s known that DVC’ers don’t always spend like other guests.
I’m hoping that there will be nightly availability for walk-ups. Just not sure what will happen. Be interesting to find out! Anyone going, hope it’s a great time!

The reason I think this will be the case is the offer states, make a reservation and show up anytime you like. How Will that work. Hold all seating back for reservations? Let walkups in after the 30 min before mark if seating is avaliable? I don't know, just rolling it around in my head with the rocks.

The reason I think this will be the case is the offer states, make a reservation and show up anytime you like. How Will that work. Hold all seating back for reservations? Let walkups in after the 30 min before mark if seating is avaliable? I don't know, just rolling it around in my head with the rocks.

It will be interesting in how it all works as well. But, what I can see happen is that they reserve the tables, let walk ups potential have the spots with the understanding that they are reserved and that when the party shows up, you will be asked to move?

I will find out for sure on the 20th....our plan is to arrive around 8 pm.

I think the lounge will be for paid reservations only. Walk ups will be deck only. That might mean empty tables on some nights, unless they set up some way to take payments at the site. Just my guess. I have no official info. Could be wishful thinking. There's a lot of that going on around here. ;) :teeth:

P.S. Can't believe they would allow walk ups to sit at reserved table with understanding that they will have to move. It would be a rare CM who would take that on, LOL.

Last edited:
I think the lounge will be for paid reservations only. Walk ups will be deck only. That might mean empty tables on some nights, unless they set up some way to take payments at the site. Just my guess. I have no official info. Could be wishful thinking. There's a lot if that going on around here. ;) :teeth:

P.S. Can't believe they would allow walk ups to sit at reserved table with understanding that they will have to move. It would be a rare CM who would take that on, LOL.

That is a good point. You don’t pay though until you get there so it will be interesting on how it plays out.

Hopefully we have some reports tomorrow

I think the lounge will be for paid reservations only. Walk ups will be deck only. That might mean empty tables on some nights, unless they set up some way to take payments at the site. Just my guess. I have no official info. Could be wishful thinking. There's a lot if that going on around here. ;) :teeth:

Exactly. How do they decide who to kick out and who stays as the party who reserved tables arrive.

I thought i saw menus with al a carte pricing too? So maybe the $55 reservation guarantees a table. Then walk ups can order from the menu whatever they wish, but fcfs runs risk of already full house and being turned away.

I thought i saw menus with al a carte pricing too? So maybe the $55 reservation guarantees a table. Then walk ups can order from the menu whatever they wish, but fcfs runs risk of already full house and being turned away.

Correct. There will be food and drinks for anyone to order.

The reservation just guarantees you will have a table when you get there vs showing up only to find it at capacity.

As long as they define capacity that includes the observation deck, it won’t be an issue going..just won’t have seats.

Will be staying at BLT in Oct, will be interested if I can just go up to the lounge while I am there. Don't really need a table. Have you seen the drink prices? Ouch! And no discounts for booze.

How do we take an unpopular underutilized space and drum up attention for it? Let's force them to pay an exorbitant amount for an app drink and dessert!

The videos of this didn't justify the use of the space for this purpose. If you wanna do villains then do villains, not the dollar store version of it.

How do we take an unpopular underutilized space and drum up attention for it? Let's force them to pay an exorbitant amount for an app drink and dessert!

The videos of this didn't justify the use of the space for this purpose. If you wanna do villains then do villains, not the dollar store version of it.

In in my case, the things I am ordering would be $52 and what my friend will is $48.
We are using this to replace a sit down meal at Toppolinos we had so in essence we are paying a slight upcharge to know we will have seats.

Plus what we don’t finish will be brought back to the room for lunch the next day since we will be at the pool until the afternoon.

Personally, I think it’s great to be able to reserve a table as we visited plenty of times and could not get a seat in the lounge. No rushing from Epcot for us.

But it won’t work for everyone and those that just want to visit and not reserve, that option does still exist! And FCFS is what I will do when I am solo and not going with friends who won’t be back for a few years!

Last edited:
I think the lounge will be for paid reservations only. Walk ups will be deck only. That might mean empty tables on some nights, unless they set up some way to take payments at the site. Just my guess. I have no official info. Could be wishful thinking. There's a lot of that going on around here. ;) :teeth:

I spoke with two DVC representatives and they said there are no walk ups or first come, first serve. ( as they are classifying July 11- August 11 as a "special event". ) What I am not sure of is if they are taking reservation for the entire lounge and not letting any walk ups. Thats what they told me on the phone. And BTW, as of this morning, it is entirely booked to August 7.

I spoke with two DVC representatives and they said there are no walk ups or first come, first serve. ( as they are classifying July 11- August 11 as a "special event". ) What I am not sure of is if they are taking reservation for the entire lounge and not letting any walk ups. Thats what they told me on the phone. And BTW, as of this morning, it is entirely booked to August 7.
We are at VGF right now, I’ll try to walk up tonight and see if we have any luck. I’ll report back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter