Express pass options?

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
I will be visiting next June with 2 kids and want Express Passes. Someone mentioned there are tickets you can buy that include it, where do you get these? Pricing? Is that a better deal than just staying at the one of the resorts that offers express pass with it? Also, if I need to stay at one of the resorts, any thoughts if getting an annual pass makes sense to get the discount with the hotel? I am planning to go to the parks for 2 days anyway.

Thoughts?
Jenn

I will be visiting next June with 2 kids and want Express Passes. Someone mentioned there are tickets you can buy that include it, where do you get these? Pricing? Is that a better deal than just staying at the one of the resorts that offers express pass with it? Also, if I need to stay at one of the resorts, any thoughts if getting an annual pass makes sense to get the discount with the hotel? I am planning to go to the parks for 2 days anyway.

Thoughts?
Jenn
Are you going to wdw? They do not have express pass, they have fp+.

Express pass pricing is dynamic (in that it can change depending on the crowds/demand). So I would look at the cost of 3 express passes for 2 days, then compare that to one night at one of the 3 deluxe resorts that offer Express as a perk for staying. Remember, one night gets you TWO days of express for each person staying in the room (you can pick up your express pass the morning of your stay and the morning you check out).

For example, right now unlimited park to park express pass is $109 per person per day for a total of $659 (for two days). Even if your not doing park to park you would still be looking at $89 per person per day for a total of $534. One night at Royal Pacific for 3 is $284. So it's obvious which is the best move. But it will differ depending on when you will be staying.

Looks like there's also no real price break when bundling it with the tickets (you find these tickets under Express Pass on the official Universal Orlando site, not with the regular tickets).

As far as the AP, I'll let others who have done that chime in. Sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it doesn't.

Last edited:
Thanks Mouseketeer! With those numbers it is a no brainer.

I am planning to go to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure as well as WDW. I recognize they are completely different, I have dealt with the FP before. I did use Express Pass about 5 years ago and it was magical and stayed at Royal Pacific, just figuring out the plan!

Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter