Extended Evening Hours Questions and Answers

Well that makes it hard to guess. Would anyone aim for a day of the week in particular or just assume it will have no rhyme or reason?
There are EEH every Monday between now and December 4, so that remains a good bet, but I think it could go either way between whether the "other" day will return to consistently being Wednesday, become every Thursday, or become a random pattern that includes Wednesday and Thursday. FWIW, I looked it up and saw that the MK EEH was sometimes on Tuesdays, instead of Wednesdays, last February.

Does the skyliner still run at the end of Epcot EEH? I'll be staying at Riviera in November and I'm wondering if we'll have to take a bus back.

Isn't Epcot open until after 9:30 anyway? How do EEH work there? After 10:00 pm start time?

11 or 11:30 I believe
That would be the ending time then, I guess. Thank you!
Do you have a specific date you are looking at?

Currently Epcot hours normally end at 9PM and EEH are from 9PM - 11PM.
Nov 27 or 30, I think was the date that I was considering. Epcot Forever was slated for 9:30 so I assume that Epcot is open to everyone until that show is over. Should bring you up to something like 9:40 pm before many people start to exit the park.
Where do you see this? I'm looking at the official DW page and it only goes up to Nov. 28th.
Thanks
I had trouble finding this on Disney's website as well. Finally, I found it under park hours information on the Touring Plans site.

We're arriving tomorrow and our plan is to just do DHS. We're going to Genie+ and stack for the afternoon. The debate I have right now is whether to target a late evening ILL for Rise or if there is some advantage to the EEH that might make that a dumb decision. Will EEH really help with this ride? Or might it be the opposite since more deluxe folks will gravitate towards DHS in the evening?

Last edited:
Epcot Forever was slated for 9:30 so I assume that Epcot is open to everyone until that show is over. Should bring you up to something like 9:40 pm before many people start to exit the park.
It is common for Epcot fireworks to begin at official park close. If they begin at 9:30 I would anticipate the park would likely close at 9:30.

Once the park officially closes, all guests will need to scan their bands to gain access to attractions open for EEH.

FYI, the park hours for my dates show up in the MY PLANS section of MDE for our December trip. Epcot closes at 9:30 with fireworks at 9:30. There is a deluxe after hours at Epcot December 7th. So after 9:30, anyone would need to be a deluxe resort guest to get into an attraction line. As usual, anyone in line at 9:30 will be able to ride, but after official park closing, only Deluxe guests can get in line.

We're arriving tomorrow and our plan is to just do DHS. We're going to Genie+ and stack for the afternoon. The debate I have right now is whether to target a late evening ILL for Rise or if there is some advantage to the EEH that might make that a dumb decision. Will EEH really help with this ride? Or might it be the opposite since more deluxe folks will gravitate towards DHS in the evening?
RotR is not listed as one of the rides available during EEH at DHS. It may not be open during EEH.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extended-evening/

I don't understand why there have been such significant unexplained changes to the EEH schedule . EP on Mondays , MK on Wednesdays were more or less locked in for over a year . HS on Thursdays at certain busier periods as well . Now , for some reason the schedule seems to be very random with AK added to the mix on different days and MK disappearing for no reason . This has added frustration and unnecessary stress to planning our upcoming trip in December and for no apparent reason . I know nothing is written in stone and everything is subject to change but give us a reasonable explanation as to why these changes have been made at this time . My wife and I specifically booked OKW so we could take advantage of EEH at EP , MK , and were hoping for HS as well (like we got during the same time frame last December) . The reasoning I have seen many people speculating as the reason for these changes is "that it's party season" doesn't add up . The only place where maybe that argument works is for HS because they have introduced JN this year ( I don't buy that but...) . MK had EEH last year during party season and EP schedule was consistent throughout party season as well . Even this year MK had EEH at the beginning of the MNSSHP schedule (which began 8/11) on 8/16 , 8/23 ,8/30 , 9/6 ,9/13,and 9/20 . Does anyone have any idea other than to save $$$ why Disney has made these changes ? When JN were announced we actually added days to our trip so we could attend one of these parties and were going to stay on property doing a split stay but when all these changes to the EEH schedule started happening we rethought that idea and are now booked off property for the first 4 nights of our trip . It's like they don't want you to stay at their resorts anymore when they continue to take away or significantly change the perks to stay on site .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter