Extinct Disney foods that I truly miss

desertbloom

Mouseketeer
Every time we are on vacation I always wonder why the Sci Fi took the banana cream pie off the menu. It was SO good. I think it was on the menu around 1994. Same thing with Goofy Burgers in DTD. I hope they never get rid of the chocolate cupcakes and the customize your pasta at POR! Not sure why I suddenly thought of this other than it is 1 am here and I can't sleep. Carry on........ :D

50's Prime Time Cafe dropped my favorite dessert from their menu a couple of years ago "The Boston Cream Pie Parfait".
Coral Reef dropped a dish that I really loved. "Lobster Orecchiette Pasta" It was so good.

CS at AK (I can't remember the name) had the greatest chicken salad on a pita. No more.:sad1:

Strawberry Swirl from what is now Cheshire Cafe in MK.
Dole whip in swirl with vanilla at aloha isle.
Jalapeño cheese pretzels.
French toast loaf from Main Street Bakery.
Figaro Fries at Pinocchio's. I know they are now at the Plaza, but I wish they were at a QS.
Pecos Bill's old menu.

WCC used to have a honey pork chop dish or something that was really good. DH missed the hot cheese from Casey's.

Plus the breakfast at POR riverside.

The hot dog cart in MK and Epcot - it was so much better than the hot dogs they serve today. It was better than Casey's as well IMO
Why is it so hard to do something so simple - right

The fresh non-generic pretzel they used to have in Germany in Epcot - fresh and buttery - not like the stuff they serve now that seems to come out of a central kitchen. Although they have improved in the last few years - they are nothing like they real ones they used to have. Just to be fair - the ones we had at the HB house in Munich were pretty bad as well - so I guess it is sort of authentic....

The pork shank in the tavern at MK - why did they get rid of that?

I wonder how and who comes to a decision on which menu items to cut. If something is popular why mess with it? Cost cutting measure perhaps. I sure could go for that banana cream pie right about now....

Fantasia Ice Cream at Disneyland - I know why they got rid of it, changed sponsors to Nestle and I guess Nestle couldn't/wouldn't duplicate it

Artist Point had this sweet potato dish with this hazlenut crumble on top - it was amazing with the buffalo

We miss the Le Cellier menu from 2002. I loved their field greens salad w/chicken and DH loved a few of their sandwiches. One year the deciding factor on whether or not we wanted to fly down for Labor Day weekend was lunch at Le Cellier. Sadly, we have no desire to return for the new signature menu. :sad1:

Strawberry Swirl from what is now Cheshire Cafe in MK.
Dole whip in swirl with vanilla at aloha isle.
Jalapeño cheese pretzels.
French toast loaf from Main Street Bakery.
Figaro Fries at Pinocchio's. I know they are now at the Plaza, but I wish they were at a QS.
Pecos Bill's old menu.

French Toast loaf was my favorite thing ever! So very sad. Vanilla dole whip as well. Ugh!

If you enjoy your turkey legs at WDW, consider indulging this year. They have been dropped at 2 parks. In the future, you may only be able to find them at Universal :confused3

Wish I had gone "whole hog" and had a Gaston's Pork Shank when I had the chance. I watched other guests walking around enjoying them at MK. I was always "too full" or it was "too hot" and "I'll do it next time." Then they were gone.

My lesson learned is to enjoy when you get the chance. The one certain, predictable thing about WDW is ditching guests' favourite goodies. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter